Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

33 minutes ago, Juju said:

Oh, I'm going to have to disappoint you there...

Understood. I want to add to the thanks and say that your UI mods are wonderful and are a huge enhancement to the CM experience. I still get a little jolt of joy every time I look at them for unit info.

39 minutes ago, Juju said:

I knew this would eventually come up, and I've been thinking about it.

Since 2011 I've made around nine UI versions covering four different titles (BN/FI/RT/FB). Over the last five years or so I've also done the occasional side project for Kohlenklau. And while these are still an absolute joy to do, I decided not to do major updates for any of my UI's anymore.

Sorry guys.

All good man. You've done so much for the community. Now just relax and play!

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

22x  Master Maps

Elvis forgot the mention those master maps alone add up to 235.77 sq km in total - for comparison, 0.8% the size of Normandy. :P

1 hour ago, Juju said:

Thanks for all your efforts over the years mate. They have been essential for me as well. :D

5 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Odd, instead of heading to Berlin, I'm counter-attacking towards Tukums.  Love it!

EDIT: my Panzer IIIs need some modding love, base sand colour looks odd next to lovely camo Panzer IVs.

The Panzer III's with their base sand colour could actually be more historically correct. SS Panzer Brigade Gross' armour were collected from wherever they could find a runner. This included in some cases training depots back in Germany. This occurred across July '44 and were in combat each day for the weeks leading up to the start of the campaign being played out here. Doubtful they had time to apply proper camo, but go nuts if you want. :DActually I think the CMFI PzIII mods out there will work in CMRT.

13 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

They go out in batches of 100. On one batch I missed hitting BBC. I apologize. I'm going to remove the screenshot because they display some email addresses. 

toptip to all members of this secret 100 group: don't reply to all when you want to thank the BattleFront team ;)

6 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

The Panzer III's with their base sand colour could actually be more historically correct.

Yes could be, I hadn't considered that.  It was more that the IIIs were sand only, but the IVs next to them were camo.  A minor thing anyway, not going to stop me enjoying the excellent work 👍.

Edited by Vacilllator

14 hours ago, AlanSA said:

Smartwargames is currently live streaming F&R

It is true that I don´t treat mails concerning games, shopping, etc. with the same attention as my professional or private emails. I read download ready and just located the link. I was not aware that bf prefers it this way.

I put the video on private.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

6 hours ago, Col Rosenberger said:

I'm on MacOS Big Sur and when you run the "activate" script (which seems to be badly bugged graphically but does work) you get a purple box that says "Total Destruction".

There are two issues with Big Sur that aren't corrected yet. One is the activation window is a mess graphically but you can get it to work.

The second is that the blue progress bars to load a scenario and when you press the turn button and get the turn calculation progress bar do not work at all. For the first you get a frozen black screen, and the second, the game appears to be frozen however it is calculating and the minute clock will suddenly start running.

Both of these have a bug report showing in detail but they aren't fixed yet.

Dave

OK - I got 'Total Destruction' too, on my old Macbook Pro, but lol...

Anyway, what a huge release - thanks very much to the team. I can't believe how much 35 US bucks buys - I'll still be scratching the surface at Christmas.

I had a quick look at all the new formations, which are very interesting and will take a long time to play around with, and I'm browsing through the Master Maps, which also look like a very rich resource.

I must try at least a couple of the campaigns, because the original CMRT campaigns were my favourites out of all the titles - but there's just so much here it's a little overwhelming.

You guys are awesome ❤️