Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

2 minutes ago, Macisle said:

Congrats on the release! Alas, I've got to wait a few days (only -- I hope!) for something to arrive in the mail before I can get my copy.

S-U-R-E looking forward to it!

you won't be disappointed.  Though you may have to take a deep breath at the workload you may be taking on when you see what is possible now.  Benpark's work is nothing short of amazing.  He may have burned out a bit on this :D 

7 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

A residence in Texas is having a blow-out party tonight😎

O hel ya bruthur!

3 minutes ago, Mastiff said:

what are they blowing out? candles; life; a canon? 

You misspelled cannon. :)

Edited by purpheart23
punctuation, my bad lol

3 minutes ago, purpheart23 said:

It's the full game, just delete your other installation :), Happy gaming.

But not before you save your mods and saved games. You naughty, naughty boy @purpleheart23!

6 minutes ago, t34577685 said:

I found there are no "Activation Code"this time,only the "License key"from email.

and the "License key" is shorter than "Activation Code".

but my CMCW still have a "Activation Code".

I'm still downloading F&R,is this "License key" right?

Yes. Consider the terms to be the same.

50 minutes ago, sburke said:

you won't be disappointed.  Though you may have to take a deep breath at the workload you may be taking on when you see what is possible now.  Benpark's work is nothing short of amazing.  He may have burned out a bit on this :D 

Yeah, I'm already kinda' holding my breath on that. I need to keep to firm limits to get my project done. However, now that folks will have Ben's superb work, along with everything else in F&R (and maybe CW) to chew on. I'm thinking the stars are going to align to drop in key goodies from F&R and Upgrade 5.

I've no idea what they are planning for U5. Objective unlocks would be super-dee-duper-dee for what I'm doing. 🙂

9 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

You don't have do anything with your previous installation. The new download will Overwrite it.

Yeah, I downloaded my previous installation to a separate directory, so between the beer and the enthusiasm I may have misspoke. My apologies to all current and former victims of said post.

10 minutes ago, purpheart23 said:

Yeah, I downloaded my previous installation to a separate directory, so between the beer and the enthusiasm I may have misspoke. My apologies to all current and former victims of said post.

never hurts if you have some existing PBEM games to finish

2 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

And @Juju I really hope you will be able to work your usual UI magic?

Oh, I'm going to have to disappoint you there...

I knew this would eventually come up, and I've been thinking about it.

Since 2011 I've made around nine UI versions covering four different titles (BN/FI/RT/FB). Over the last five years or so I've also done the occasional side project for Kohlenklau. And while these are still an absolute joy to do, I decided not to do major updates for any of my UI's anymore.

Sorry guys.

19 minutes ago, Juju said:

Since 2011 I've made around nine UI versions covering four different titles (BN/FI/RT/FB). Over the last five years or so I've also done the occasional side project for Kohlenklau. And while these are still an absolute joy to do, I decided not to do major updates for any of my UI's anymore.

Sorry guys.

Understandable. I imagine they involve a large amount of time and creative energy. Burnout is a thing. Everyone who downloads your work appreciates what you do even if we don't express it vocally. 

19 minutes ago, Juju said:

Sorry guys.

Understood.

Fortunately, I've been able to cannibalize a lot of stuff from your other CMx2 UI mods.  Ranks, branches, and some German vehicle silhouettes can be found in those other UI mods especially CMFB due to it having many of the late war German vehicles.  There is still going to be stuff missing especially for the Soviets.  However, it's good enough for now.  (Plus, Mord's updated portraits for the SS and Luftwaffe made for R2V work fine in CMFR.)

Hopefully, a third party will be allowed to update of your mod to include the missing equipment and vehicles like Ithikial did for R2V.

12 minutes ago, Harry Speakup said:

Understandable. I imagine they involve a large amount of time and creative energy. Burnout is a thing. Everyone who downloads your work appreciates what you do even if we don't express it vocally. 

Hear hear.  @JujuThanks so much for the UI mods!!

Edited by grunt_GI

27 minutes ago, Juju said:

Sorry guys.

I still remember Mord and DKs unit icons and thinking I love this stuff but are you guys freakin crazy?