Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

20 hours ago, JoMac said:

Yeah, 8 mins for you, and 8 hours for me...I'm on Dish Satellite 😞

Dish... wtf. If you get cell reception get UNLIMITEDVILLE . COM. 

It's a legit unlimited hotspot in speed, and limited to about 1Tb a month downloads (Within their opinion). Dish is trash. $90 for 600ms ping and 15Gb a month. Yeah right. Kiss my @$$. 

Unlimitedville comes at a semi premium price but it's worth it if youre in the middle of nowhere.

M43 cap: tank crewmembers wearing 'winter' uniforms are wearing the M43 caps. This was a VERY late addition and this is my first time looking at them in-game, myself! They went 'round and 'round on M43 caps for infantry and finally settled on infantry on the front lines needing their steel pots. 

51 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

you found M43 caps? can we have troops wear them?

you can but then it will affect around all those who use the mdr...example, if you change helmest for caps...then all around no helmets and you have to trace all bmps affected too...

mine is a little less complicated cause I just want them in my tank commanders...

by the way, tank crews (not commanders) come with m43 on...depending on climate as @MikeyD just said

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

They went 'round and 'round on M43 caps for infantry and finally settled on infantry on the front lines needing their steel pots

Heer was quite strong on that matter...guess some would not be lectured by  no wearing it but was quite rare. Don´t know where I did read it but a Jr officer from the Lw was confronted by a Herr Hauptmann and punished to guard in some post...

but once I did said this...variety is nice...so having the option of getting some rascals wearing  it would be great...

50 minutes ago, akd said:

Heer Volksgrenadier Battalion and Heer / LW Grenadier Battalion 45.  Looks like Waffen SS Grenadier Battalion 45 has the option, but only for off-map.  I'm not seeing evidence the WSS received these, so probably the off-map option also needs to be removed.

Edited 35 minutes ago by akd

many thanks!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

When we are at vehicles, I coundn´t find the Krupp-Protze Kfz.70, can anybody tell me where to find it?

I didn't do the TO&E for this module, but from experience it is likely that you can find it in FJ units.

48 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

M43 cap: tank crewmembers wearing 'winter' uniforms are wearing the M43 caps. This was a VERY late addition and this is my first time looking at them in-game, myself! They went 'round and 'round on M43 caps for infantry and finally settled on infantry on the front lines needing their steel pots. 

If the volkssturm have mixed headgear with helmets couldnt the heer/waffen ss?

Anonymous Jonez, it's the way BFC set up the Volkssturm skeletons/mdr thingies.  They simply didn't--and never have that I can recall--set up units to have multiple headgear (except for the officers). I am going to try an experiment, but without the ability to use the old hex editor method, which always caused me nothing but confusion anyway, I don't know if it is going to work. I doubt it will.

Quick things:

The Sturmtiger did not see action on the Eastern Front.  Initially we thought a small number did, but exactly ONE was used for test firing into Warsaw during the uprising.  IIRC it fired something like 7 rounds before being withdrawn.

German forces wore helmets into combat for obvious and good reasons.  When you look at pictures of Germans wearing M43s you will notice they are not in combat situations.  GJ might be an exception some of the times.  The point is, having M43s mixed in is historically wrong so the option doesn't exist for the military forces.  Volkssturm, on the other hand, used whatever they could get a hold of.

Steve

4 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Anonymous Jonez, it's the way BFC set up the Volkssturm skeletons/mdr thingies.  They simply didn't--and never have that I can recall--set up units to have multiple headgear (except for the officers). I am going to try an experiment, but without the ability to use the old hex editor method, which always caused me nothing but confusion anyway, I don't know if it is going to work. I doubt it will.

Got it. I just assumed it was a one size fits all situation in regards to the different forces!

4 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Quick things:

The Sturmtiger did not see action on the Eastern Front.  Initially we thought a small number did, but exactly ONE was used for test firing into Warsaw during the uprising.  IIRC it fired something like 7 rounds before being withdrawn.

German forces wore helmets into combat for obvious and good reasons.  When you look at pictures of Germans wearing M43s you will notice they are not in combat situations.  GJ might be an exception some of the times.  The point is, having M43s mixed in is historically wrong so the option doesn't exist for the military forces.  Volkssturm, on the other hand, used whatever they could get a hold of.

Steve

Blast! The m43's are sweeet! Great module though. RT might be my fav now.

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Upgrade 5 will focus on performance improvements to take better advantage of newer hardware.  Some other things are planned as well, but no details yet.

Steve

Holy crap! This is big news! I’m surprised this managed to slip by unnoticed by many. Understandable with the FR frenzy. 

A performance upgrade would be major in my opinion. To me, it seems like there is a lot more that would benefit from said improvement, beyond just a simple player quality of life FPS boost. 

4 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Holy crap! This is big news! I’m surprised this managed to slip by unnoticed by many. Understandable with the FR frenzy. 

A performance upgrade would be major in my opinion. To me, it seems like there is a lot more that would benefit from said improvement, beyond just a simple player quality of life FPS boost. 

Capt - you just gotta look ten forums up from the Cold War forum and there is a whole thread about it. 🤩  Maybe you could toss a few things in there.

36 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

...A performance upgrade would be major in my opinion. To me, it seems like there is a lot more that would benefit from said improvement, beyond just a simple player quality of life FPS boost. 

Whoa. If the performance boost was enough and BF threw in the ability to increase the scenario clock to much higher numbers, my Kharkiveskya campaign might move from four battles to one big one.

That would be GREAT.

Well, that and if they added objective unlocks, more reinforcement groups, and point-neutral exit zones. 😁

Either way, I'm looking very forward to hearing the eventual details on U5.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

The Sturmtiger did not see action on the Eastern Front.  Initially we thought a small number did, but exactly ONE was used for test firing into Warsaw during the uprising.  IIRC it fired something like 7 rounds before being withdrawn

Sturmtiger of the Sturm-Mörser-Batterie 1000 – captured prototype Fgst. Nr. 250043, Nyékládháza Hungary Eastern Front

Sturmtiger – captured prototype chassis number: 250043, Nyékládháza Hungary Eastern Front

PS.-Sturmtiger of the Sturm-Mörser-Batterie 1000, so...more than 2...

Edited by Dan Dare