Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

First impression is that the title "Fire and Rubble" is very fitting, and that the maps are extremely well made. It's amazing how they've captured an entirely different atmosphere from any of the other modules... yet again. Kudos to the company, the designers, and to the testers.

Also, whoever it was that used to always beg for the schwimmwagen may be very pleased with some of the content in this module!

Wow, 

Major props to the devs. I was overwhelmed with the new options and scenarios that came with this. I've been playing for 2 hours already and had like 4 "holy cow that was awesome" moments.

Also, when fighting in Berlin against volkssturm. You can funnel an entire company of submachine gunners down an alley and not have a single one hit or killed because of the sheer volume of fire that's pinning them down. Trust me... I did it.

13 minutes ago, Kiukkumöykky said:

Wow, 

Major props to the devs. I was overwhelmed with the new options and scenarios that came with this. I've been playing for 2 hours already and had like 4 "holy cow that was awesome" moments.

Also, when fighting in Berlin against volkssturm. You can funnel an entire company of submachine gunners down an alley and not have a single one hit or killed because of the sheer volume of fire that's pinning them down. Trust me... I did it.

Block Buster scenario?

2 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Downloaded in five minutes.  That's a serious change from past downloads that got counted in days.  I have the same ISP, router, and speed.  Was told last time it was on my end.  Guess it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

Yes download was quicker than extract and install.  I think that's a good sign of the huge content, and the speed of my broadband...

Regarding download speed... we've been using the same cloud service for 10 years.  It's one that provides service to 99% of the US' Fortune 500.   They are massive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrix_Systems

Variations in speeds likely has to do with random traffic between the servers and customers.  The days of you guys downloading from one of our own servers is long gone.  Thankfully!

12 minutes ago, luigim said:

Sorry but I'm not understanding. Is the game out? I was waiting for a bundle ti buy the base game with the module!!

Yes, we quietly release to make sure Preorder customers are the first to experience the joy.

We do not usually roll out a bundle for a month or so.  That will be the case with F&R.  You can check back towards the end of May.  Oh heck, let's just fix a date now... June 1st :)

Steve

Odd, instead of heading to Berlin, I'm counter-attacking towards Tukums.  Love it!

EDIT: my Panzer IIIs need some modding love, base sand colour looks odd next to lovely camo Panzer IVs.

And @Juju I really hope you will be able to work your usual UI magic?

Edited by Vacilllator

9 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Regarding download speed... we've been using the same cloud service for 10 years.  It's one that provides service to 99% of the US' Fortune 500.   They are massive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrix_Systems

Ah, Citrix, big and successful, not because they are good but because they were first.

Even they should be able to handle a simple file delivery service.

Steve you were too much on the forum this last time, this was smelling something...

Probably you were talking with yours boys on the same time that you were posting on the forum, and was waiting to give them the green light to make the big anounce, on public, and can't wait to tell us, probably you were more excited, than us, is understanding cos this is a big Woaaaww !!😄

Edited by JM Stuff

2 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

Ah, Citrix, big and successful, not because they are good but because they were first.

Even they should be able to handle a simple file delivery service.

We've been pretty happy with them until recently.  Uploading and moving huge files around has been... interesting.  In this context, interesting is bad.

Elvis fought like a rabid squirrel to get one of the installers where it needed this morning so he could get things released. 

After we get some time we're going to start looking around for better options.  I have a friend who manages traffic for one of the spines, so I'm going to see which ones he knows of that don't suck.

Steve

I haven't been playing much CM these days but that hasn't stopped me from thinking CM is one of the best game series ever or from pre-ordering everything I can. To everyone, from BF to the beta's and anyone else who has contributed in any way, thank you very much for your love of CM and the time and effort you put into making it what it is and yet will be. You are the best. Cheers!

Just a question:

Is it possible to load a full 3-D preview of one of the big Berlin master maps, or is that generally not done?

I'm not a scenario designer, and I have little experience in it, but I thought I would try to load a preview of Berlin East in order to look around. The loading stalled at 49% and seemed like it would go no further. (I have a pretty robust and recent PC. All scenarios and campaigns load easily.)

Perhaps a master map of this size and density needs to be cut down in the 2D interface before attempting to load a 3-D view?

Just wondering if my experience is normal or if I should re-install, or somefink.

4 minutes ago, Holman said:

Just a question:

Is it possible to load a full 3-D preview of one of the big Berlin master maps, or is that generally not done?

I'm not a scenario designer, and I have little experience in it, but I thought I would try to load a preview of Berlin East in order to look around. The loading stalled at 49% and seemed like it would go no further. (I have a pretty robust and recent PC. All scenarios and campaigns load easily.)

Perhaps a master map of this size and density needs to be cut down in the 2D interface before attempting to load a 3-D view?

Just wondering if my experience is normal or if I should re-install, or somefink.

I would turn down all graphic settings to the lowest setting before trying to load it in 3D. Once in the 3D map you can use the hotkeys to raise them back up. Then go get a sandwich or somefink. Take the dog for a walk. If you don't have a dog take the neighbors dog for a walk....just let them know what you're doing first. The only thing reinstalling is likely to do is frustrate. So, don't do that.

7 minutes ago, Holman said:

Just a question:

Someone a long time ago had mentioned maxing out 24gb of ram on rad full ... a 5.7 x 5.7km map... 

Ive had a robust setup too and have only managed 5x5km. 

I imagine maybe more ram would actually help.