Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Our testers act as the filter and we don't spend resources micro managing feedback to users.  And the results seem to be pretty good.  We're not interested in fixing something that as of yet nobody has demonstrated is broken.

Let me remind you that the release of Fire and Rubble was held up by a bug that was reported publicly years ago., but nobody saw that report because it was submitted by a public user.

Edited by Bufo

34 minutes ago, Bufo said:

Let me remind you that the release of Fire and Rubble was held up by a bug that was reported publicly years ago., but nobody saw that report because it was submitted by a public user.

To be honest, it was not held up!

There is no difference in correct it now or in correct it in the past (for the release of F&R) because the same resources where blocked the same amount of time...

But I would like too dedicated bug-threads for better observing what is known...at least for the graphics, because there is mostly no need for dicussion....

12 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

...a mere 5 hours...agree that is not holding....is more like embrazing it.

We are on "ONE VERY TO GO" phase....I'm excited like a child in Christmas (which reminds me that finally winter is coming to CMRT...nino...nananino...nanani)

8 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

...a mere 5 hours

I didn't mean because it was a short time.

I meant because this 5 hours would have spent in the past too and F&R would have come 5 hours later too...in either way....achjeh, I am so bad in explaining/expressing in english...

But it would be better, it would be released now...then I wouldn't participate on such discussions...

6 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

But it would be better, it would be released now...then I wouldn't participate on such discussions...

neither do I...I do just blame BF for it...cheching the forum every 5 minutes to know if the little baby had come is affecting our normal behaviour I guess

Edited by Dan Dare

19 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

When the time is right, absolutely!  But like anything we're do, we only start talking about something when it is ready to talk about.  We aren't quite there yet.

Steve

Mmmm intriguing, I cannot believe hanging on to hear about the release of F&R is about to be replaced with hanging on for some info on CM3 😀.

P.S. if it anything like the change from CM1 -> CM2 it is going to be mind blowing!!

4 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Mmmm intriguing, I cannot believe hanging on to hear about the release of F&R is about to be replaced with hanging on for some info on CM3 😀.

P.S. if it anything like the change from CM1 -> CM2 it is going to be mind blowing!!

I like the word 'quite' in Steve's answer! 

4 hours ago, waffelmann said:

There is no difference in correct it now or in correct it in the past (for the release of F&R) because the same resources where blocked the same amount of time...

I'm not sure that Bufo was following what Steve was saying. But he won't dwell on it to long since he'll be playing Fire and Rubble very very soon.

5 hours ago, Bufo said:

And let me remind you I've explained this several times already :D  F&R wasn't held up for even 5 minutes, not to mention 5 hours.  Fixing it 5 years go or 5 hours ago means the same thing because time is time.  It all adds up the same way.  Second, if we hadn't fixed that problem this week we would not have made the release even 5 seconds earlier.  The only way it would have is if it was otherwise ready to release and we stopped the process to fix that one problem.  That's not what happened.

I suggest taking the chip off your shoulder, putting it away for another day, and get ready for F&R.

Steve

21 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

And let me remind you I've explained this several times already :D  F&R wasn't held up for even 5 minutes, not to mention 5 hours.

Not to mention while Steve and Charles were digging around on that issue everyone else was testing and trying to find other problems to prevent them from getting out the door. So, if even if Steve and Charles met for coffee instead they would still need to give us time to try to find any other show stoppers we could. Those hours could not possibly have been used to get it out the door earlier because other people have stuff to do too.

Speaking of which...