Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

Initial reports are positive that the download works and the mod appears!

So, here, give her a go! <<<I will edit or remove this download link or update it when we do our second Beta.>>>

Download for Romanian mod brz and play as axis only scenario

(designed for CMRT v2.02 Game Engine 4)

It is a beta! We know we have some things to polish up and still tackle...

EDIT: The playtest and mod contain a modded vehicle that was done by me. It is not of the high quality of umlaut's work but I needed it for this scenario so I did my best on GiMP. I will improve it in the future.

It may have conflicts with other mods in your z that could make this mod look bad, so if you have German sound mod, pull it out, this way you'll only hear Romanian voices. 

I hope it performs ok and looks fun in a 1941-ish way!

Phil

Edited by kohlenklau

I am addicted to checking this forum and seeing if F&R is released. I do it when ever I need a break from work. I suspect that a new thread will be created to announce the release but I still enjoy seeing if anyone posted any news. The only time it is out of mind is when I am actually playing combat mission. There honestly so much content in games already owned that I can be preoccupied for a while yet. But I am down for as much as I can get. It is just so much fun. I hope it is released tomorrow or friday. That would be such a score. 

3 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I feel like we're getting close to refresh monkey time...

We now have a release candidate, no final candidate and even when we had a final candidate, it doesn't mean it's ready for release. So no, another couple of weeks at the least.

No way, I had no idea there's that much time to go. I can remember reading the January 8th joke date and thinking "just calm down and hold tight till January 8th." What is the longest a module have been available for pre-order? What is the release of modules like? You receive an email? 

4 hours ago, Almac said:

No way, I had no idea there's that much time to go. I can remember reading the January 8th joke date and thinking "just calm down and hold tight till January 8th." What is the longest a module have been available for pre-order? What is the release of modules like? You receive an email? 

It has been like this for the past years. 'We're close, very close'. The waiting is torture.

10 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I feel about the increasing possibility to capture Berlin riding a T-72 sooner than on T-34.

+1.  Have to admit, that was funny. :D  :lol:

At some point during this spring offensive season we will probably have a very wide choice of tanks to choose from.  Many players will probably command everything from T-34 equipped units to T-80s with many types & variations in-between.  It's going to be a very good CM year.  :)     

Do use guys find the german forces are the easiest to play because that gosh darn MG42 is sssooo effective. It is hard to pin down a squad with a bren or bar. Not a lot of automatic weapons with the brits or americans. That is one thing the soviets have going on. I always assumed, maybe wrong, that the soviets had swarming tactics and that is how their formations were meant to be played in combat mission. Not as cool as maneuver warfare in my opinion. That is why I dig the whole blitzkrieg thing. 

3 minutes ago, Almac said:

I always assumed, maybe wrong, that the soviets had swarming tactics and that is how their formations were meant to be played in combat mission.

I love playing the Soviets - and that's how I play them.

Having said that, 'swarming' to me is very difference from the earlier human wave assault. I think of it more like WWI Stormtrooper tactics - pushing forward relentlessly, en masse, to get up close, but through the weak points and the gaps, where possible, or overwhelming more isolated strongpoints to make a gap.

It's fun, it's aggressive, it's sometimes costly - it's not dissimilar from Blitzkrieg. 

I at first hated playing as the Soviets since I'm fairly methodical and cautious. But you just gotta let that go. Take the casualties and keep pushing. Instead of throwing 1 platoon at the enemy throw 3. But the US airborne are definitely my favorite. Great morale and they have an answer for almost every problem.

I don't know tactics on a small scale, but the Guards units were typically exploitation units I read... After smashing the lines with artillery, penal units and "lesser" Soviet Army infantry, the Guards would come clean mop up resistance. I think they're great. I have three snipers a company, two heavy machine guns with no packup time (five if you allocate 1/3 of the MG's from Battalion), SIX antitank rifles, and in the case of Motorized Guards - Four squads of infantry per platoon lavishly kitted out... on top of their asset squads. Battalion assets are strong.. like the very accurate 57mm Zis-2. I just repulsed and destroyed a company of panzergrens (although mostly mounted) with a Guards company in defense (Meeting engagement knife fight). Using 1 zis (lost 1 right away before positioned) and overwhelming fire support from my MG's... seriously I burned through almost 1,500 rounds a MG. My AT rifles and snipers closed the gap, harassing the half tracks and eventually getting close enough to destroy them. All while under a barrage of 8 mortars and those damned 75mm half tracks. My infantry squads wound up doing the least amount of work.

Edited by Artkin