Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

5 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

You may want to find a better distribution service if it takes more than a few minutes for your uploaded files to be generally available. It's 2021 not 2004.

We use the same servers as Amazon. What happened with a release a few years ago (I can't recall for certain which release...it may have been Black Sea) was we announced it was up as soon as the upload was complete. This caused very slow download speeds for some people. We found that if a little bit of time is given for the upload to propagate the servers it avoided that. So, after uploading it I wait an hour or so before sending out the download links. A side affect of doing that is if there was some kind of critical failure with the uploaded file we'd have time to catch it before it got into too many hands. We'd be able to either shut down downloads and/or upload a repaired file. Fortunately that has never happened.

None of this is anything anyone but us would know if we didn't talk about it...like I am now. No one would know when they get the download email that it had been uploaded an hour or 2 earlier. 

accidentally I did a check today, due to some problem in my back up PC, so I do have downloaded all the games I own (including the big Upgrade pack, some 45Gigas) from the BF site, weir was that at the begining it started telling that it would last 2 days even for the smaller CMFI and then in less than 5 hours everything was in....

5 hours ago, Artkin said:

At this point @BFCElvis you guys should release the game for April 16th. And you guys should seriously release it on steam. People would go nuts..

They will release it as soon as they can and they obviously can't yet. I don't expect a release in April. It would be better to announce that, so people know what to expect. 

I don't know what to think anymore, but it's a very strange situation. I suspect the story of this module is one of low priority (think  defence project, steam, cold war etc.) combined with a lack of resources. Must be very frustrating for the team working on it.

Especially with a superior who keeps announcing it will be released soon while it's not nearly ready...

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

They will release it as soon as they can and they obviously can't yet. I don't expect a release in April. It would be better to announce that, so people know what to expect. 

It discourages people to put down their payment for preorders. I have never done that, like they said in the old country. "Boter bij de vis." 

3 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

It discourages people to put down their payment for preorders. I have never done that, like they said in the old country. "Boter bij de vis." 

Well, it hardly matters anymore. Within a couple of weeks Cold War will be released and few people will pay attention to Fire and Rubble and when it will be ready.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I had this "if it's a long delay, BFC will let us know,"

so I feeling that Berlin might be just around the corner when I wake up.

I still hold out hope for this weekend's release

24 minutes ago, t34577685 said:

I had this "if it's a long delay, BFC will let us know,"

so I feeling that Berlin might be just around the corner when I wake up.

I still hold out hope for this weekend's release

That would be a nice surprise. In the meantime I'm preparing a quick battle with the Arnhem City Bridge in which Gräbner decides not to rush his whole recon battalion to Nijmegen, but leaves a reinforced company behind to defend the bridge against Frost's men. That should help me through the coming weeks. 😉

12 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That would be a nice surprise. In the meantime I'm preparing a quick battle with the Arnhem City Bridge in which Gräbner decides not to rush his whole recon battalion to Nijmegen, but leaves a reinforced company behind to defend the bridge against Frost's men. That should help me through the coming weeks. 😉

It's a good idea, and it makes me think again:

I always hope that CMx2 can add the boats and rafts which from CMx1, so that the 504 regiment of 82nd Airborne Division can reappear in cmbn ,the battle example of crossing the Waal River(am I spell letter right in english?) and seizing the Nijmegen bridge

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, it hardly matters anymore. Within a couple of weeks Cold War will be released and few people will pay attention to Fire and Rubble and when it will be ready.

I wont get Cold War, World War 2 is the only thing that interests me.