Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

1 hour ago, IanL said:

LOL I spotted that at just past the last minute. Steve figured it would be a while before anyone noticed. Predicted it would the in the first hour. Took a little longer than I thought.

At any rate the bug is in the bug tracker already.

😁

no no you were right Lanl
after more than 5 hours of loading(the fiber work in may , normaly 🙄) and some problem with my key (I still have not received an email!) The 1st scenario that I tested is "out of the schwimm" but it was already 2 am here.

for information the Daimler Dingo in CMN and CMI suffers from the same problem.

and for the Bolsheviks ?? they might strike again for CMCW...🤨

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

How the hell did Kohlenklau miss this, lol?

finally after verification it is not so simple and @umlautis in the game 😁
Several mod shares the same name as battlefront used for the ruins of FR
it's "junk7.mdr" in the flavor objects
umlauts factory mod uses it as well as stalingrad mod
just tag it: "junk7 [umlauts_factory].mdr"
the Stalingrad scenarios are tagged Umlauts Factory and the two will become compatible again

Edited by Falaise

25 minutes ago, Falaise said:

the Stalingrad scenarios are tagged Umlauts Factory and the two will become compatible again

Nice research Steph, this will help I'm sure.

Has anyone else seen a graphical bug with the wheels of the T34? If you view them at a determinated distance, specially when they are moving, their wheels start to spin out of place, rotating across the entire vehicle. Its somewhat comedic to see, although it completely ruins inmerssion.

I have tried to snatch a picture but when I take a snapdhot for some reason the games goes to the lowest graphical setting avaible, as if it was loading, and the graphical bugs dissapears.  So yeah, anyone else has seen this? I have not seen it report it anywhere.

In the Seelow scenario, if you turn shaders on/off, in some IS2s there is a shadow of a tow cable on the back, despite the tank having no cable. Looks weird. Interaction between heavy mist conditions and no shader?

Has anyone seen a similar thing in other scenarios with IS2s? I haven't in base RT.

20 hours ago, Falaise said:

good research!

When selecting a spotter who has called in a mission there is no visual reference to the targeted area. Not sure if this is a bug or something has changed on how plotted barrages are shown. This was playing the on to Berlin campaign, first mission. 

Correction it seems I have a bad install on my computer. I tried a new install on my wife's computer and all is fine. Well other than the fact my wife wants to know why I am installing CM on her computer.

Edited by John N

Can anyone second this please:

In the scenario editor load QuickBattle FR-Arnswalde snow map, do 3D preview, then load QuickBattle FR-MarzDorf non-snow map. Result I get in 3D preview is three white snow roofs in Marzdorf. This is just an example of the snow/non-snow confusion I see, regarding Damaged roofs of independent buildings.

Edited by Kevin2k

3 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

Can anyone second this please:

In the scenario editor load QuickBattle FR-Arnswalde snow map, do 3D preview, then load QuickBattle FR-MarzDorf non-snow map. Result I get in 3D preview is three white snow roofs in Marzdorf. This is just an example of the snow/non-snow confusion I see, regarding Damaged roofs of independent buildings.

Seeing the opposite also, with missing snow textures on snow maps.  Seems to be avoidable if you load the map, don't 3D preview, change date / ground, then you can 3D preview without the textures being stuck.

There also seem to be a few modular building snow roof textures that are just straight up missing.

3 hours ago, Waycool said:

In the scenario editor when I am placing light or heavy trees the 3d preview the trees are not showing. Anyone else?

You don't get trees with those tiles - they are abstracted tiles that simulate the floor of a wood/forest providing concealment and mobility restrictions.  If you want trees you have to add them using the foliage pane in the editor.  You can have trees on top of your light and heavy wood tiles.

NIGHT AT THE OPERA - Soviet - Bridge map bug?

My t-34 and my carrier were passing under the bridge on 'hunt' and then just teleported up onto the bridge. Is this a new secret Russian weapon or a map bug?

PS: It's a fu*ken great map and scenario love playing on it.

CMFR Map Bug -bridgeTeleport.jpg

Edited by Geoff-Ludumpress

I can see I coded the entrance to be unable to use by vehicles on that, Geoff- that's a bug. If you have a save file, attach it and I can pass it along to the Wizard List.

2 hours ago, Geoff-Ludumpress said:

PS: It's a fu*ken great map and scenario love playing on it.

Thanks. It's great to see people playing it after all the time looking at it!

Edited by benpark

I noticed in quick battles, using the Berlin maps, that the destroyed lend lease trucks show up as black.  In a previous post, @Falaisenoted that some blacking out of trucks was due to Umlaut's factory mod conflicting with F&R, and the fix was to tag the file junk7.mdr as junk7 [umlauts_factory].mdr.

I did this, but the lend lease trucks still show blacked out.  Could it be a different "junk" file that needs to be tagged for the lend lease trucks?