Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

19 hours ago, umlaut said:

Stug IV tank rider bugs
It seems like I stumbled upon a couple of bugs regarding StuG IV tank riders.

In the first battle of the Broken Shields campaign (gorgeous map, by the way @benpark) the tank riders on this StuG IV (late) disembark as soon as the turn begins, instead of at the vehicle´s last waypoint (move and disembark orders given in the correct sequence). The bug occurs on both my laptop and desktop PC installs of CMRT.

Curiously, when I created a test scenario I wasn´t able to recreate the bug - but I found another one: The tank riders on the StuG IV (early) disappear visually when they embark the vehicle. The icons are still there and they reappear, once they disembark.

I have tested this with all StuG´s and Jagdpanzer IV´s (plus a few other german tanks) but only found the bug with the StuG IV. But as I said I wasn´t able to recreate premature disembarkation in my test scenario -  so perhaps it is something specific to the campaign?

I of course have save files I anyone wants them.

If you have a save that would be great. I am unable to reproduce this either in the campaign or a QB. I know this bug existed and there was a problem particularly with T-34s I think, but it had been fixed long ago. It would be unfortunate if it reappeared somehow.  Maybe there is some specific situation or sequence I'm not hitting when I try to reproduce it.

Dave

15 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

@Falaise

I did that, and the trucks disappeared from the Berlin maps.  But, are the destroyed trucks supposed to appear on the Berlin maps?  Are there there for you? 

Just making sure I haven't made something go away that was supposed to be on the Berlin maps in the first place.  

210427012621631278.jpg

here is junk 7 with fire and rubble
this is what you must see in the official scenarios
junk 7 [umlaut factory], the lorry, will appear to him in the tagged scenario

I see that @benpark you answered
so no problem we can take advantage of the magnificent map as it was designed

Edited by Falaise

Here is a savegame showing a bridge bug.

The Soviet halftrack is jojoing on the bridge, going forward normally, then space-warping backwards.

It might be related to the T34 trying to go under the bridge and failing, but probably not because the tank later showed up at its destination and the halftrack was still jojoing.

Savegame is a meeting engagement quickbattle, hotseat, empty password both sides.

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts

4 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Here is a savegame showing a bridge bug.

The Soviet halftrack is jojoing on the bridge, going forward normally, then space-warping backwards.

It might be related to the T34 trying to go under the bridge and failing, but probably not because the tank later showed up at its destination and the halftrack was still jojoing.

Savegame is a meeting engagement quickbattle, hotseat, empty password both sides.

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts

I think this is not a new one, happened to me before F&R...if on your side just delete waipoint and trace new ones (usually happens in my end if the crossing waypoint was too near the bridge) if on the enemy the only solution I did found was...save on command and load...but not always works on the first save, and sometimes didn't work at all

talking of old ones:

1.- Heer formation PzGr (never test on motorized)  the jr officer of the platoon decided to wear a NCO uniform but shows the Lieutenat rank on the ui. still with us

2.- teams attached to a Herr formation (again PzGr) one (maybe more?) of the units decide not to wear the panzergrenadier appearence uniform and use the standar (on standar and mixed cammo it is unnotizable :) ). still with us

3.- dont now if related to the above crossing bridge one and don't tested yet on F&R, also maybe related to a waypoint too near the bridge (thing that Ilearned to avoid but...sometimes..), if a infantry squad or team is ordered to cross, sometimes one of them refuses or starts running in opposite direction, same solution as above...never see it happening on the opposing side. as said...not tested yet on F&R

and the new ones, all found on editor while looking at the beauties:

4.- Already mentioned in another place. SturmPzIV early not selectable by clicking (icon and kb + -, working perfectly) 

5.- hatch covers disconected from hull while oppened on various new vehicles and missing on PzIIIG (IIRC)

Edited by Dan Dare

4 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

1.- Heer formation PzGr (never test on motorized)  the jr officer of the platoon decided to wear a NCO uniform but shows the Lieutenat rank on the ui. still with us

2.- teams attached to a Herr formation (again PzGr) one (maybe more?) of the units decide not to wear the panzergrenadier appearence uniform and use the standar (on standar and mixed cammo it is unnotizable :) ). still with us

If you are seeing an issue with uniforms on specific soldiers, you will need to be much more specific on where you are seeing this in formations.

30 minutes ago, akd said:

If you are seeing an issue with uniforms on specific soldiers, you will need to be much more specific on where you are seeing this in formations.

1.-pzgr batt 44 (as I said is old) and Kampfgruppe (just check 1co 1st squad Hq)

2.-all "pzgr" formations...weird enough even in the motorized, who don't take the appearence themselves, the team attached (AufK team) all change the appearance but one member who keeps the standar (same, checked on 1sco 1st squad)

On 4/25/2021 at 12:29 PM, CHEqTRO said:

Has anyone else seen a graphical bug with the wheels of the T34? If you view them at a determinated distance, specially when they are moving, their wheels start to spin out of place, rotating across the entire vehicle. Its somewhat comedic to see, although it completely ruins inmerssion.

Yep.

trackwheelmini.jpg

trackwheel.jpg

trackwheel2.jpg

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

Yep.

trackwheelmini.jpg

trackwheel.jpg

trackwheel2.jpg

Good to see I was not imagining things. Considering how obvious it is I was surprised that no one else reported it. Nevertheless I think this bug only happens in some graphical settings. Atleast since changed the graphical settings to "best" I have not seen it again, so for a temporary solution you could do that, (If your computer can handle it, mine is defenitively not happy about the upgrade in graphics) as I assume that you were playing in the medium graphical setting, right?

1 hour ago, CHEqTRO said:

for a temporary solution you could do that, (If your computer can handle it, mine is defenitively not happy about the upgrade in graphics) as I assume that you were playing in the medium graphical setting, right?

Well mine computer could handle it (AMD 3600X + AMD RX5700XT + 32GB DDR4 RAM), but this game runs very very badly on AMD cards, so I always keep it on balanced.

4 hours ago, CHEqTRO said:

Good to see I was not imagining things. Considering how obvious it is I was surprised that no one else reported it. Nevertheless I think this bug only happens in some graphical settings. Atleast since changed the graphical settings to "best" I have not seen it again, so for a temporary solution you could do that, (If your computer can handle it, mine is defenitively not happy about the upgrade in graphics) as I assume that you were playing in the medium graphical setting, right?

It was logged as a bug by me some time ago - clearly another one of those that got fixed and crept back in during a later build.  I think half of the problem is that it is only at certain view distances that it manifests itself.