Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

Not a real bug I think, but extremely annoying and should be fixed: My russians rounded up a couple german Volkssturm squads in a building which men are all in "surrendering" state (hands up). Yet "panicked" morale keeps them yelling "zurück, zurück" (retreat) every few seconds til the white flag is raised and beyond. So when they´re all about to surrender they should shut the f... up. 🤐 (the voice files from "withraw" folder NOT triggered anymore).

13 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

"sup panel background blueforce patch.bmp" is green, but should be gray. That is for the German support interface. In the Soviet support interface there are two similar backgrounds that are not in the same color as the icons.

For completeness: One would also expect "sup panel background redforce patch.bmp" to be used by the game, like blue. But that image remains unused. So the best compromise is to make the larger master backdrop in the red force color.

29 minutes ago, benpark said:

That's intentional, for the shells of structures.

ah ok. Nice idea. I´ll see what I can do with this in creative ways. Clicking through window layouts (CNTRL-Click) also removes some the window frames. Nice when creating those bombed out city environments. 😎 Is this particular texture set hard coded, or can one add more facade variations?

13 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

😎 Is this particular texture set hard coded, or can one add more facade variations?

You can definitely add more facade variations. There are 8 stock layouts, so simply rename them "facade9-exterior-bottom", facade10-exterior-bottom  etc.
I dont know about the windows.

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

You can definitely add more facade variations. There are 8 stock layouts, so simply rename them "facade9-exterior-bottom", facade10-exterior-bottom  etc.
I dont know about the windows.

thanks, just found the set. It´s "modular 7 german city" in Ben´s city set. Might proceed with "8", "9" and so on then. @umlaut that looks like your department actually (Stalingrad mod). Windows and doors seem manipulated by setting the alpha layers. Nothing special. Just roofs are unsatisfying. When switching roofs (CTRL-Click) we need textures that fit the buildings facades as well. I wouldn´t put any the stock buildings on my maps without some modding. Also to get rid of the timber frame sides which look entirely out of place. At least in a city environment. @umlaut have a recommendation for a graphics app that works with 32 Bit BMP files? Need a new one for my Win10 PC now.

Okay. Added another roof variation for 8x8 mod building (germany, city) and named it "roof1 3 [germany city].bmp". Same for damaged version. I can click cycle through roofs and the new one shows up. Problem is the roof selection won´t stick. When exiting and re-entering 3D view, another roof texture then is shown (either roof 1, or roof 1 2 with tags). So what´s the trick behind that? 

Edited by RockinHarry

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Missing doors and windows in modular building #4 (in editor). Only when region set to "germany" and with "city" tag. It´s just with seen facade texture set, not all.

https://imgur.com/2hUT96Z

Edit: Darn imgur pic embedding doesn´t work. 😛

I always post from Imgur. Use the "direct link" option and you might have to delete the "s" in https.

27 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I always post from Imgur. Use the "direct link" option and you might have to delete the "s" in https.

thanks. I´ll try that next time. Saw many here shared pics from imgur site, so I registered as well then wondered it doesn´t work for me.

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Just roofs are unsatisfying. When switching roofs (CTRL-Click) we need textures that fit the buildings facades as well.

Yes, have been struggling with that as well. I dont think there is any way to solve it properly, but you can always change the roof textures so that the texture for one building size fits one specific building layout. It is not optimal as you wont get the option of pairing every roof layout with every facade layout. But it is sort of a stop gap measure.

13 minutes ago, umlaut said:

I use an old version of Photoshop (CS5). Works very fine for my needs.

Hm... okay. Guess that´s then not available for Win10 anymore. If I´d know Corel´s latest Paintshop Pro loads and works with CM files properly I´d likely purchase it. It´s at ~50 Euros ATM and likely suffices for my needs.

18 minutes ago, umlaut said:

Yes, have been struggling with that as well. I dont think there is any way to solve it properly, but you can always change the roof textures so that the texture for one building size fits one specific building layout. It is not optimal as you wont get the option of pairing every roof layout with every facade layout. But it is sort of a stop gap measure.

That´s the problem, yes. Adding matching roof textures is no problem but a set combo won´t stick unfortunately. Or I miss a particular scheme to keep them stick. Roof textures also change when SHIFT-clicking the facades. So they´re somehow connected and one can´t get them to stick seperately. 😏

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Hm... okay. Guess that´s then not available for Win10 anymore. If I´d know Corel´s latest Paintshop Pro loads and works with CM files properly I´d likely purchase it. It´s at ~50 Euros ATM and likely suffices for my needs.

Harry, I mentioned this in another thread where you mentioned this. I have Corel Paintshop Pro Ultimate 2019. You can work with alpha channels and masks, etc., as well as every thing else for modding CM as far as I can tell, but it does not save 32bit in bmp format. Waaay back, I used to have Paintshop when JASC owned it, but I didn't even know what a mask was back then. Wish I had saved that version, because I have read since that it did what we now want.  Apparently neither Gimp nor Paint.net no longer save 32bit in bmp?

24 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

After patch 211:

- the left ammo-pouch of the sturmgewehr-troopers are still not visible

Really?  Shoot, we had that working again at some point.  It was an odd one to start with so I guess another fix unfixed it.

24 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

- I believe that the Schwimmwagen should only have 4 occupants. The fifth person sits very uncomfortably in any case.

Grr!  We allow all vehicles a certain amount of "Ersatz" seating for emergencies.  But the standard TO&E should not allow it to happen.  I'll go through the TO&E again and see where there's a problem.

Steve

50 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Really?  Shoot, we had that working again at some point.  It was an odd one to start with so I guess another fix unfixed it.

- I believe that the Schwimmwagen should only have 4 occupants. The fifth person sits very uncomfortably in any case.

Grr!  We allow all vehicles a certain amount of "Ersatz" seating for emergencies.  But the standard TO&E should not allow it to happen.  I'll go through the TO&E again and see where there's a problem.

Thanks for the answer...ähem...I don't know if it is a good time to draw attention to the lack of ammo-pouches of the G41-troopers...😉

44 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Better late than never :)  I've put it into our tracker.

Steve

Steve, I added an important note to that report. You may want to modify the original.

Edited by akd

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Harry, I mentioned this in another thread where you mentioned this. I have Corel Paintshop Pro Ultimate 2019. You can work with alpha channels and masks, etc., as well as every thing else for modding CM as far as I can tell, but it does not save 32bit in bmp format. Waaay back, I used to have Paintshop when JASC owned it, but I didn't even know what a mask was back then. Wish I had saved that version, because I have read since that it did what we now want.  Apparently neither Gimp nor Paint.net no longer save 32bit in bmp?

thanks. Still have the JASC version on my WinXP machine. Got to work with it then again. No idea on Paint.Net, but latest Gimp (2.10.24) doesn´t load the alpha layer so I likely got to remake it and then see if it saves. Not what I´d hoped for reviving my modding interest on new Win10 machine. Aargh...

2 hours ago, benpark said:

Try this, it seems to do BMPs:

https://www.photopea.com/

It "shares" an interface with Photoshop, so it should be easy to run with.

No luck it seems. No alpha channel recognition when loading. And I don´t have Photoshop nor want to buy it. Guess I got ask Corel (for PSP) directly for whether they have the wanted feature or not. 😐 Now bailing out here. Wrong topics in "bug report" thread. 😬