Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs

OK, since I haven't seen a bug topic in support, I'll start one here where most folks look anyway.

I started up my CMRT Fire and Rubble that I just installed. I selected a saved turn in my campaign "Hammer's Flank." The load made it to 23% and CMRT crashed to desktop. I tried running ever one of my Hammer's Flank saves, and they all crashed at 23-25% of the load. I always save my game at the end of my movement phase, just before I hit the button. I then selected the Hammer's Flank Campaign and the fight button. It ran perfectly. I haven't tried any of my other base CMRT saves yet, but I will do that. I will also report it in the normal manner in the Support subforum. I just wanted to put the word out in case anyone has the same issue.

Just tried a saved turn in my Training campaign. Same issue. It might be an issue with the Campaigns. I just tried it from a saved PBEM turn. It hung up at 25%, froze my screen until I did the Ctrl Alt Delete and I got an out of memory box. That's strange, since I have 32Gb of RAM and 8 GB of VRAM.

Edited by Vet 0369

43 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

OK, since I haven't seen a bug topic in support, I'll start one here where most folks look anyway.

I started up my CMRT Fire and Rubble that I just installed. I selected a saved turn in my campaign "Hammer's Flank." The load made it to 23% and CMRT crashed to desktop. I tried running ever one of my Hammer's Flank saves, and they all crashed at 23-25% of the load. I always save my game at the end of my movement phase, just before I hit the button. I then selected the Hammer's Flank Campaign and the fight button. It ran perfectly. I haven't tried any of my other base CMRT saves yet, but I will do that. I will also report it in the normal manner in the Support subforum. I just wanted to put the word out in case anyone has the same issue.

Just tried a saved turn in my Training campaign. Same issue. It might be an issue with the Campaigns. I just tried it from a saved PBEM turn. It hung up at 25%, froze my screen until I did the Ctrl Alt Delete and I got an out of memory box. That's strange, since I have 32Gb of RAM and 8 GB of VRAM.

You're trying to load a v2.02 saved game file into v2.10, am I right? I haven't tried that. Sometimes a new build, whether it's a module or a patch, will change so much that games saved in the previous version won't load in the new one.

25 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

You're trying to load a v2.02 saved game file into v2.10, am I right? I haven't tried that. Sometimes a new build, whether it's a module or a patch, will change so much that games saved in the previous version won't load in the new one.

Don’t really remember what my version number was, but my regular PBEM Partner and I had major issues updating from v2.00 to 2.01 and 2.02. Our Wrob Bridgehead saves just wouldn’t run. We might have stuck with one of the earlier versions. IIRC, it turned out to be something like the update changing some of my units to cavalry which I didn’t have, so the game choked on it. No biggy, I can always restart the “Hammer’s Flank” campaign since I had only about nine saved. It’d just irritating. 

On the bright side however, it starts much faster, although I haven’t checked whether it deleted my mods. I rather suspect that it has. I’m eating supper at the moment, so I’ll check it in a while.

35 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Don’t really remember what my version number was, but my regular PBEM Partner and I had major issues updating from v2.00 to 2.01 and 2.02. Our Wrob Bridgehead saves just wouldn’t run. We might have stuck with one of the earlier versions. IIRC, it turned out to be something like the update changing some of my units to cavalry which I didn’t have, so the game choked on it. No biggy, I can always restart the “Hammer’s Flank” campaign since I had only about nine saved. It’d just irritating. 

On the bright side however, it starts much faster, although I haven’t checked whether it deleted my mods. I rather suspect that it has. I’m eating supper at the moment, so I’ll check it in a while.

It should not delete mods.  Installing over an existing copy just over writes.  Now on the other hand if you are me setting  up a new PC and you format your old main drive before copying over your documents folder... yeah I did that this week.  Fortunately I do have saves of all my mods, but I wiped out quite a bit of work I had done on Sadr city and a couple other maps I was making are gone forever.

15 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I thought you had to save the older game in the command phase. Or do I have it backwards?

Ah, just saw the typo I made. I used “movement” phase instead of “Command” phase. I always save at the end of the command phase. Just reverted back to my ASL days.

6 minutes ago, sburke said:

It should not delete mods.  Installing over an existing copy just over writes.  Now on the other hand if you are me setting  up a new PC and you format your old main drive before copying over your documents folder... yeah I did that this week.  Fortunately I do have saves of all my mods, but I wiped out quite a bit of work I had done on Sadr city and a couple other maps I was making are gone forever.

LOL, I know exactly what you mean! I was a technical writer for about forty years and remember many times, after pounding a keyboard for 10 hours, exiting MS Word, seeing “do you want to save?” and my finger going for the “N” key, all the while my mind screaming “NO.” Didn’t help though, instinct always override the mind. One lead writer I worked with told me about the time he typed in “/format c.” When asked “do you really want to Format the c-drive” he said to himself “”I said I want to format C,” and hit the y key. Nough said.

Ok installed and activated without issue. 

Started up saved game file from a PBEM I have going, QB on large map. Game loads only slightly slower. But 2 seconds into the turn playback, a horrible loud roaring sound starts and doesn't stop. I thought for a second that my opponent brought in air support but sounds like jet fighters. 

Sound doesn't stop after turn playback. It persists through the turn and upon exiting the game back to menu. Sound only stops when I quit the RT application. 

2 minutes ago, Tchoup said:

Ok installed and activated without issue. 

Started up saved game file from a PBEM I have going, QB on large map. Game loads only slightly slower. But 2 seconds into the turn playback, a horrible loud roaring sound starts and doesn't stop. I thought for a second that my opponent brought in air support but sounds like jet fighters. 

Sound doesn't stop after turn playback. It persists through the turn and upon exiting the game back to menu. Sound only stops when I quit the RT application. 

It should go away when you start your next turn.  I seem to recall that it used to do that whenever you upgraded your game and continued an ongoing PBEM (happened to me a couple times when CMBN first came out).  Although I don't recall it persisting after exiting the turn so not entirely certain that it's the same thing as before.

Edited by ASL Veteran

Just now, ASL Veteran said:

It should go away when you start your next turn.  I seem to recall that it used to do that whenever you upgraded your game and continued an ongoing PBEM (happened to me a couple times when CMBN first came out)

Thanks ... will give it a try.

29 minutes ago, Falaise said:

me too
I think this is the excellent Umlaut Factory mod

I did not have Umlaut's Factory mod installed but after about 30 minutes of trial and error found the "non-textured truck" problem to be tied to a mod folder called "Panzermike".  This mod had a number of submods for flavor objects, roads, bridges....  When I removed the panzermike folder, the truck problem disappeared. 

Hope this helps others having the same issue.

As a general comment, before reporting something as a possible bug, remove ALL your mods, every one. Move them somewhere safe like the desktop, then check what you saw again. 

There is no testing on new modules done with any mods installed at all, so there is no guarantee that any existing mods will still work. They may, and many do, but they might not. 

Dave

merci

53 minutes ago, MikeSinn said:

I did not have Umlaut's Factory mod installed but after about 30 minutes of trial and error found the "non-textured truck" problem to be tied to a mod folder called "Panzermike".  This mod had a number of submods for flavor objects, roads, bridges....  When I removed the panzermike folder, the truck problem disappeared. 

Hope this helps others having the same issue.

merci @MikeSinn !! i remove it

I'd wager that most of those older mods will indeed work, but will need to be renamed to the FR file names.

This generally happens with things like the new winter panzer crew uniforms in FR - something that wasn't there needs to be made, which might impact something else.

4 hours ago, Falaise said:

Bug Or Sabotage ???

210424120039324851.jpg

210424120039173898.jpg

me too
I think this is the excellent Umlaut Factory mod

LOL I spotted that at just past the last minute. Steve figured it would be a while before anyone noticed. Predicted it would the in the first hour. Took a little longer than I thought.

At any rate the bug is in the bug tracker already.