Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

There's no huge BFC hype machine churning away publishing manipulated screenshots and bribing influencers to rave about their upcoming game on youtube. So it's obviously not a bait and switch in BFC's case.

Probably far too busy watching swarms of AI infantry trying to cross various chunks of @benpark's map!  :D

I'm starting to wonder if the new broken walls weren't requested by a QB map designer, in order to preserve the last shreds of his sanity!

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm starting to wonder if the new broken walls weren't requested by a QB map designer, in order to preserve the last shreds of his sanity!

No shreds left!

The walls were designed to give some more cover in the urban areas, along with some visual that adds to the immersion for the city stuff. Also to stand in for building foot-prints (after collapse), etc. They were always part of the plan for the module, given the city actions.

Hopefully good for mod stuff, too.

22 minutes ago, benpark said:

The walls were designed to give some more cover in the urban areas, along with some visual that adds to the immersion for the city stuff. Also to stand in for building foot-prints (after collapse), etc. They were always part of the plan for the module, given the city actions.

Was wondering if you were using single sections of them in tall-walled enclosures as a means of escape for AI units that get seperated (this can really mess with AI plans and even cause units to dump orders).....I'm running units through a variant of @LongLeftFlank's Ramadi at the moment and it's a constant issue.

One other thing that I've noticed recently.....I'm getting NO randomness in my AI scripting or reinforcement times, so if I have an order ending:

Exit between 10:00 and 12:30

The units will ALWAYS move out at 10:00.

Same with reinforcements, a reinforcement set to arrive at 30 minutes, with a 15 minute variable will ALWAYS arrive at 30 minutes dead.

Is something broke?  :unsure:

PS - Outta likes already, I owe you loads!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I think this new module will make US an ENORME happiness when the moment will come, regarding the time that we are talking about, including the time that we have to wait... but we are waiting patiently, because we know the quality of this serie of games since longtime ago but we know also that a patch will follow 😂...

4 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

I think this new module will make US an ENORME happiness when the moment will come, regarding the time that we are talking about, including the time that we have to wait... but we are waiting patiently, because we know the quality of this serie of games since longtime ago but we know also that a patch will follow 😂...

I swear, my friend, you are even better than Eckart Tolle. 🙂

On 2/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, Vergeltungswaffe said:

R2V was on outlier.

None of the rest have taken anything like that.

Correct.  CMFB was about 6 weeks, which BF says is "normal" +/- 2 wks.  Still, we have waited patiently this long, what's another 5 months?

TBH I'd happily wait a bit longer for a Ford GPA:

Ford_GPA_in_Red_Army.jpg

Seems a shame to add the whole 'Amphibious Movement' system just for the Schwimmwagen!  :rolleyes:

A lot of the units using them would require some 'creativity' on the part of the scenario designer anyway, so perhaps they could be added in the same way as the Jagdtiger?

@Battlefront.com.....Any chance?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 2/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, 3j2m7 said:

but we know also that a patch will follow 😂...

But, just as a reminder to all, the patch will be only for the base game of Red Thunder for those who don’t purchase the Fire and Rubble module. It will only patch RT with the changes already patched in the other base games. It won’t allow access to the content added in F&R. F&R will already be patched, so it won’t need to be patched after activation.

23 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

But, just as a reminder to all, the patch will be only for the base game of Red Thunder for those who don’t purchase the Fire and Rubble module. It will only patch RT with the changes already patched in the other base games. It won’t allow access to the content added in F&R. F&R will already be patched, so it won’t need to be patched after activation.

Just to clear up any confusion.....The patch is also Fire and Rubble. They are not 2 separate things. When F&R is finished it will be released as a patch which everyone can download, regardless of whether or not you purchased F&R. The only difference is that you need a F&R key to "unlock" the module's content contained in the patch. There will not be downloads for the patch and another for the module. They will be the same download.  

10 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

TY for clearing that out. After installing the FR patch when do we enter the license key? the first time we start CMRT up after installment of FR patch?

For modules the game will not automatically ask you for a key when you start it. You need to run the "Active New Products" short cut which prompts you to enter a key for a new module or update.

You can also not enter the key too and play the base game content - which is what those that don't buy the module but do install the patch. It's entirely up to you :)