Jump to content

Fire and Rubble Update


BFCElvis
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Not saying that you are a Nazi for playing the Germans, I am doing that myself. But it is naive to think that there is not a big overlap between historical wargaming communities and nazis. Even in this forum, which is generally more well informed than others, I see the old Cold War myths of "Soviets just overwhelmed the Germans with numbers" and "German tanks were superior" all too often. And in my experience it is not far from that to the old chestnuts of "Nazis and Russians were basically the same" or "They just wanted to protect Europe from communism!"

Now maybe I am a bit jaded from having to moderate a discord channel where this crap keeps popping up, but let's just say my view of the wargaming hobby has dimmed a bit in recent month because of this.

 

So what? Freedom of speech. Freedom of thinking. Say what you want to say in a civil manner. Agree or disagree and take a Beer. Who cares about what you or I think? Don't take it all so seriously.

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Ts4EVER said:

Not saying that you are a Nazi for playing the Germans, I am doing that myself. But it is naive to think that there is not a big overlap between historical wargaming communities and nazis. Even in this forum, which is generally more well informed than others, I see the old Cold War myths of "Soviets just overwhelmed the Germans with numbers" and "German tanks were superior" all too often. And in my experience it is not far from that to the old chestnuts of "Nazis and Russians were basically the same" or "They just wanted to protect Europe from communism!"

Now maybe I am a bit jaded from having to moderate a discord channel where this crap keeps popping up, but let's just say my view of the wargaming hobby has dimmed a bit in recent month because of this.

 

Nah, don't worry Mr Ts4EVER, here, for what I have read during all those years, that thing that worries you on discord rarely happens... this forum, you know,  its a kind of paradise for well educated and informed "Grognards"...better if we keep it like this forever 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ts4EVER said:

Not saying that you are a Nazi for playing the Germans, I am doing that myself. But it is naive to think that there is not a big overlap between historical wargaming communities and nazis. Even in this forum, which is generally more well informed than others, I see the old Cold War myths of "Soviets just overwhelmed the Germans with numbers" and "German tanks were superior" all too often. And in my experience it is not far from that to the old chestnuts of "Nazis and Russians were basically the same" or "They just wanted to protect Europe from communism!"

Now maybe I am a bit jaded from having to moderate a discord channel where this crap keeps popping up, but let's just say my view of the wargaming hobby has dimmed a bit in recent month because of this.

 

Opinions are like 'bottoms', everybody has one.

If someone spouts nazi ideology, than by all means call it. 

But thinking that Soviets overwhelmed Germans with numbers or that German tanks were superior, has literally no direct relation to being a nazi. Perhaps all nazi's believe that as well, but that doesn't make it true the other way around.

Cows are mammals, not all mammals are cows. 

If moderating a discord channel makes you see Nazi's everywhere, perhaps it would be healthy for you and your enjoyment of your hobby to stop moderating that 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Having waiting for this module since the following day of CMRT release and being that near but not just yet is driving me nuts...

Yup, the waiting is cruel, but I became better in this!

 

I'm so good at waiting now that I'm waiting in advance for the modules for CMCW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Opinions are like 'bottoms', everybody has one.

If someone spouts nazi ideology, than by all means call it. 

But thinking that Soviets overwhelmed Germans with numbers or that German tanks were superior, has literally no direct relation to being a nazi. Perhaps all nazi's believe that as well, but that doesn't make it true the other way around.

Cows are mammals, not all mammals are cows. 

If moderating a discord channel makes you see Nazi's everywhere, perhaps it would be healthy for you and your enjoyment of your hobby to stop moderating that 😇

Perfectly said. I'd think you'd best call it quits on it if it's troubling you. Your type of mentality is what bothers me, same type of person would say I'm a nazi..just for the opinion because most of my books are for the axis side. 😕

 

anyhow... Enough of this. I'm so hyped for the module. Can't wait. 

kinda need it for my plans for my maps etc. Is gonna be good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Nazi fanboys? Wehraboos? Do you guys really want to go there? 

Sometimes one needs to go there.

Especially when it comes to people like you, Arargon.

Afterall, you have quite a habit of historical revisionism on this forum with regards to the holocaust and other nazi crimes of WW2. You have also stated your fascination with the SS serveral times, and I seem to remember you declaring that you almost exclusively play as the germans in Combat Mission, going so far as to refuse even playing as the americans or russians?

Back in 2016 you even went as far as declaring your approval of David Irving, probably the most well known and notorious holocaust denier in the world. 

So yeah, Arargon, personally I would go as far as calling you a nazi fanboy.

The absolute worst part of having WW2 history as a hobby is sharing it with scum like you.

Arargon.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Andreas3 said:

Sometimes one needs to go there.

Especially when it comes to people like you, Arargon.

Afterall, you have quite a habit of historical revisionism on this forum with regards to the holocaust and other nazi crimes of WW2. You have also stated your fascination with the SS serveral times, and I seem to remember you declaring that you almost exclusively play as the germans in Combat Mission, going so far as to refuse even playing as the americans or russians?

Back in 2016 you even went as far as declaring your approval of David Irving, probably the most well known and notorious holocaust denier in the world. 

So yeah, Arargon, personally I would go as far as calling you a nazi fanboy.

The absolute worst part of having WW2 history as a hobby is sharing it with scum like you.

Arargon.PNG


Perhaps I should refrain from replying, but there was literally no reason to bring stuff like this up here and now. This (at least) was about the inclusion of Jagdtiger vs Valentines in F&R.

You bring up a post from 5 years back? That's some very old cows your pulling from the ditch (dutch saying).
Haven't read Irving myself nor do I have the desire to read him, to be clear.

But I don't think it's a topic for this thread or perhaps forum.

Anyway, peace out it's almost weekend and I'll be enjoying that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Andreas3 said:

Sometimes one needs to go there.

Especially when it comes to people like you, Arargon.

Afterall, you have quite a habit of historical revisionism on this forum with regards to the holocaust and other nazi crimes of WW2. You have also stated your fascination with the SS serveral times, and I seem to remember you declaring that you almost exclusively play as the germans in Combat Mission, going so far as to refuse even playing as the americans or russians?

Back in 2016 you even went as far as declaring your approval of David Irving, probably the most well known and notorious holocaust denier in the world. 

So yeah, Arargon, personally I would go as far as calling you a nazi fanboy.

The absolute worst part of having WW2 history as a hobby is sharing it with scum like you.

Arargon.PNG

It's Aragorn, not Arargon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

I feel that soon, an iron fist... will again switche the button to off of this thread !

Well.......It's finally time to shut this one down. We're close enough to release that an update thread will soon be moot and there are a couple of other threads where comments about updates and such are appropriate. 

Also, @Andreas3 you've crossed a line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...