Jump to content

Engine 5 Wishlist


Recommended Posts

Post here your engine 5 wishlist :) I Would very like to know what other people want to implement in the game.

Personally, I would like:

-Actual Servo Stabilizer for MBTs with two-plane Stabilizer

-being able to tell a vehicle with multiple heavy weapon systems (such as IFVs with Autocannons and ATGMs) What weapons to use (shoot ATGMs only, shoot Cannons only, shoot ATGMs only at Tanks etc..) 

Edited by Stardekk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, a different camera system. Camera 1 First Person shooter +driver's position. Camera 2, AFV Turret Camera3 Open. Climb up the stairs with the mouse wheel. Camera 5-9 Actual maps or screen displays. Stops borg spotting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want exactly what we have now, with a redesigned, modern UI and a completely new campaign system.

Untether me from the supply pipeline and allow me to generate endless campaigns tailored to my tastes.

So yeah, what Commanderski said :)

Oh, and a modular approach with Combat Mission as a base, where each module plugs in, allowing all content from all modules to be freely used in any scenario, regardless of 'historical accuracy' concerns.

 

This could go on all day, but one more thing. Bring back the ability to direct indirect fires without LOS.

Edited by landser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

#1 would be dynamic campaigns. Even something simple like the way the Close Combat series does it would be nice. I think it's the biggest thing missing by far.

 

"Nice to have" would be something like a replay feature that lets the player watch the whole battle once it is finished.

 

Better vehicle dismount/mount rules for interactions between infantry and vehicles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Distant sound .wav's (they could be generic "standard" & "heavy" like gun shot trails currently are)... also a "heavy bullet zip" sound would be appreciated.

Infantry that are cowering/supressed could be yet more resiliant to long range fire.

The Alt-T option that removes all foilage could instead make foilage translucent.

A creeping barrage artillery option (especcially for WW2 battles).

Bullet impacts much more likely to generate dust puffs/debris/mips.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Khalerick said:

#1 would be dynamic campaigns. Even something simple like the way the Close Combat series does it would be nice. I think it's the biggest thing missing by far.

 

"Nice to have" would be something like a replay feature that lets the player watch the whole battle once it is finished.

 

Better vehicle dismount/mount rules for interactions between infantry and vehicles.

Yea the replay sytem would be cool, to watch after you finish the battle in Turn based or real-time to watch unfolding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Khalerick said:

#1 would be dynamic campaigns. Even something simple like the way the Close Combat series does it would be nice. I think it's the biggest thing missing by far.

Agreed, and something akin to what's in CC5 for example would be wonderful in Combat Mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Actually, a different camera system. Camera 1 First Person shooter +driver's position. Camera 2, AFV Turret Camera3 Open. Climb up the stairs with the mouse wheel. Camera 5-9 Actual maps or screen displays. Stops borg spotting. 

Stairs are abstracted ... how would that work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 37mm said:

Distant sound .wav's (they could be generic "standard" & "heavy" like gun shot trails currently are)... also a "heavy bullet zip" sound would be appreciated.

The Alt-T option that removes all foilage could instead make foilage translucent.

You will be happy to know that there are mods that adjust sound to what you like and also that create different % of transparency.

Tanks a Lot made a semi transparent trees mod for CMRT and Rocket Man did translucent trees for CMFI.  Not sure if they also work for other titles.  There are many sound mods to choose from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

You will be happy to know that there are mods that adjust sound to what you like and also that create different % of transparency.

Tanks a Lot made a semi transparent trees mod for CMRT and Rocket Man did translucent trees for CMFI.  Not sure if they also work for other titles.  There are many sound mods to choose from.

There are no distant shot sound .wav's... which is what I wished for.

There are no "heavy bullet zip" sound .wav's ... which is what I wished for.

The popularity of the semi-transparent tree mods is what leads me to suggest it'd be a good idea to integrate it into CM via Alt-T... which, again, is what I wished for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, landser said:

Oh, and a modular approach with Combat Mission as a base, where each module plugs in, allowing all content from all modules to be freely used in any scenario, regardless of 'historical accuracy' concerns.

Could be nice, but that sounds more like a wish for CM3, not CM2 engine 5. I cannot imagine that Battlefront would break up their entire game family and module system in an engine update.

Edited by umlaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strategic Layer(dynamic campaigns), Co play, fire, repeat commands for IDF shortening response times, aircraft modeled when appropriate, improved pathfinding, command delays for the initial waypoint of a move with added waypoints just adding to the initial delay, fix the spotting issues specifically instances where you can see just under half of the face of a building but can't area target it due to it's action spot being unseen. That's it for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I look forward to improvements in the AI, which I have no doubt are on the drawing board.

I also look forward to additions to the map editor (some of these have been discussed, especially relating to modern warfare maps).

And of course, whatever setting and belligerents BF chooses will almost certainly be better than anything I can imagine.

Apart from these, I would like to be able to import battles, either the battle-scarred maps, the troops, or both, similar to what we used to be able to do in the original CM series - which would be a fun way to play your own DIY mini-campaigns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A "Wait in Ambush, Shoot, then Displace to Another Location" order would be very helpful for snipers, and any unit waiting to ambush something.

A complete revamp of the "Acquire" process so that any unit could exchange weapons and ammo with any adjacent unit - up to a reasonable amount of course and with a time delay - like when one sets up a crew weapon.  (ie: Do away with the clickfest "Split into Teams, Mount Vehicle, Acquire, Dismount and Rejoin Original Squad" process.)

A "Scout Order" - one can simply click on a target location and the scout team uses an AI routine to carefully scout towards it while maintaining self-preservation.  (Currently, scouting is a virtual suicide mission - at least in WEGO.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...