New German screenshots!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks really pretty, but a bit "new just off the rack." Been watching man, many hours of WW2 docs on mil channel including quite a lot of rare color footage. There's a worn, grubby quality in the RL footage that I always hope to see in the game. Hopefully, modders will dirty and wear everything down.

Uniforms look awesome! Pics are very cool...some of them even look like they were taken by a combat cameraman...

I know it's a really small thing in comparison to all the new stuff CM:BN is gonna have...but I am really pumped about those new casualty models...they really add to the atmosphere.

Good job BFC.

Mord.

Looks really pretty, but a bit "new just off the rack." Been watching man, many hours of WW2 docs on mil channel including quite a lot of rare color footage. There's a worn, grubby quality in the RL footage that I always hope to see in the game. Hopefully, modders will dirty and wear everything down.

I agree that everything looks a bit too clean and neat, with the terrain and units, and I'm sure weathering will be a big focus of modders since the underlying textures are so good.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to replicate WWII levels of garbage and mayhem in a game without a massive art budget.

It's counter intuitive to think of trash and disorder as being expensive, but they are :D

The hands are a hold over from long ago. It's not an easy thing to address because we don't have a custom set of animations for every single weapon. That's really the only way to get the hands to grip realistically in all cases. Still, there is a very tedious amount of work that could be done to make them a bit better than they are. This will happen eventually.

Steve

Hello! It's great to return after about TEN YEARS! I still recognize some old friends & colleagues... glad to see everyone alive & well.

I'm knocked out by the look of the Germans so far - just beautiful! I did notice one thing, and it may be too difficult or too late to change, but...

...when running, all the Germans are carrying their K98s with both hands. I believe they usually carried them with just their right hand near the rear sight, like a briefcase. If you can make 3/4 of the troops do that, it would be that more realistic! If not, no harm, no foul... I still love you guys!

(and whose grass mod are you using?)

It's counter intuitive to think of trash and disorder as being expensive, but they are :D

The hands are a hold over from long ago. It's not an easy thing to address because we don't have a custom set of animations for every single weapon. That's really the only way to get the hands to grip realistically in all cases. Still, there is a very tedious amount of work that could be done to make them a bit better than they are. This will happen eventually.

Steve

[blackadder]

"Take a short break Baldric...there, did you enjoy it? Now back to work!!"

[/blackadder]

Couldn't help but think of Rowan Atkinson's antics tonight as butler to Prince Regent (Hugh Laurie) aka "Prince Mini-brain" :D

Keep up the great work.

This is starting to look so much better than I expected. I hope and believe CMBN will be a massive hit in Finland, just like CMBO & CMBB were. :D

Yesterday I had one of those "oh hey, now that is really cool" moments in CMSF while I was playing a TCP/IP quick battle against my friend. It was a Red vs. Red mechanized ME, there was a small ridge in the middle with a building on top, both of us had infantry hugging the ridge...We were on Skype and he said "Hhmm I wonder what I should shoot at" as he believed I had already occupied the building and started peppering it with 14,5mm fire from BTRs. I was watching my troops and only noticed the fire as puffs of dust appeared on my side of the building and the occasional round ricocheted near my troops far away from it! The heavy caliber machine gun packs some mean punch, I can't wait to use the .50 caliber in Europe.

Another one in this same battle was a sabot fired from my T-62 that hit my friend's T-62 and ricocheted into another one! It ended up scaring the first crew to bail and knocking out the last. Now that is just neat. I wish I could post it on Youtube, but it was Realtime, I just happened to lock on to the enemy tank with Tab when I saw my own tank fire. :D

Will troops be able to toss grenades over a hedgerow? They would obviously not have LOS or LOF, but can still hear them and know it's the enemy. And if the TacAI won't do it, is it possible for the player to manually do it?

Soldiers can see and shoot through bocage with some restrictions. Only movement is blocked totally.

Best regards,

Thomm