New German screenshots!!

Wow! Excellent pics. Thanks for posting them. :)

I love how the men seem to look around in all directions. Some looking backward at their fellow troops coming up from behind.

The Tank commander with his hands on the cupola is a nice touch. Pistols, men working the bolt on their rifles, awesome stuff.

I spotted the TIGER tank in the background, too. Do I get a free copy of CMBN?

Cheers!

EDIT: In the 11th screen-shot, is that man on the far right equipped with a rifle grenade?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!. The German uniform skinning is looking super and Stahlelm covering/paint randomness oh yeah:) It seems every soldaten has an EK II ribbon they are a beribboned bunch well only one EK II per man ;) CMBN looks to be shaping up nicely. I take it the US forces are in process of getting their skinning and will look as good. Anticipation is killing us;) Thanks for all the effort Battlefront and team.

Groan.

No, I know exactly what "skinning" means in this context.

You wanted to know if the graphical representation of the American soldiers had improved and I was trying to give you a response in keeping with the newsreel type introduction of "Germans on the move"

But obviously it was lost on you.

Sorry to have caused confusion.

Is there a problem with the MG-42 animation? It looks as though the gunner is using a rifle grip, instead of using the normal pistol grip with free hand holding or supporting the stock. I know its very hard to judge from static screen shots but the MG looks a bit wimpy, I had a play with one at a WWII re-enactment event and found it quite a surprisingly 'chunky' piece of kit.

The AFV commanders look far better that the previous SF shop dummies but would it be possible to have a second animation, of the classic head peaking out above the cupola/hatch rim, when the vehicle is in combat.

LOL I got that Gibson and was merely playing back to you with some playful banter which was obviously lost on you.

Sheez. I have read many of your posts Gibson and you seem to quite often get a dig in to posters. You are a beta tester and as such do represent a liaison with the public for Battlefront and so I would expect a bit more on the interactions then a dig. I am not sure if you just have a really dry/ sardonic sense of humour but at times you come off that way.

Just my two cents on how it came across. Anyways thanks for your time and I look forward to the release.

QUOTE=gibsonm;1231157]

But obviously it was lost on you.

Sorry to have caused confusion.

Ah so we both misunderstood each other.

I figured that since you apparently knew about Australians (from the "skinning" comment) you were also up on the fact that a dry / sardonic sense of humour is a requirement here. :)

Sounds like we accurately reflected the confusion of war (helped no doubt by the inability to understand each others tone from the typed word). :)

Fair enough. Chalk it up to fog of war. Congrats on the promotion beers on you all around. think will need 20 slabs .

Well that's cheap. :)

I cost me 8 cases of Krug at the HQ yesterday.

My wife first congratulated me and then complained that the staff were drinking six month's worth of my pay rise. :D

Full Metal Jacket a classic indeed.

The faces do look to need some randomizing. The infantry look the same as well as the panzer troops. Perhaps place holders? Wasn't there more variation of faces in CMSF?

That's what I was thinking as I typed my comment.

War face: :eek: