New German screenshots!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... slings... haha :D

If I were to make a list of 100 graphical improvements I'd like to get into Combat Mission at some point, I'd not put slings on there. On a list of 1000 graphical improvements? Possibly, though it would be towards the bottom. They are nearly impossible to do and have look even remotely OK, so why bother investing a significant chunk of development resources into something that would not look very convincing no matter what we did?

Hey Steve,

Kind of a duplicate reply, because I didn't read your post before I posted one above:

The only reason I posted about slings was because, as that one in-game shot shows, part of the K98's sling is clearly visible. When compared to the rest of the model, it just doesn't look right and shouldn't be there.

I certainly didn't/don't expect you guys to model 3D slings in the game. Not my expectation at all.

It wouldn't look right at all if we didn't include that bit of the strap since any picture of any Kar98k at the front would have that end piece there on the stock. Just because we don't simulate the strap itself is kinda irrelevant since either way it's "wrong". But the way it is now looks less "wrong".

That's what I figured. Cool, thanks. :)

Excuse my ignorance, but what's with the small metal disc embedded into the rifle butt? What purpose does it serve?

Regards

KR

It's used to disassemble the rifle. Like this:

Like the guy on the video says, hold the spring very carefully. A guy next to me disassembled a PKM carelessly and the spring flew from one end of the hallway to another smacking another guy in the forehead causing a nice gash. :D

Hey, how about a few pictures of the armoured fighting workhorse of the Wehrmacht, the Stug IIIs. You were more likely to meet the Stug III than any other German tank, tank destroyer or assault gun.

What is the animation like for when the loader pops out to fire the topside MG34? I take it there aren't that many Stug IIIs at the time with the remote controlled topside MG.

Danny

It wouldn't look right at all if we didn't include that bit of the strap since any picture of any Kar98k at the front would have that end piece there on the stock. Just because we don't simulate the strap itself is kinda irrelevant since either way it's "wrong". But the way it is now looks less "wrong".

Steve

Wow, I'm just really blown away by the attention to detail you guys are showing. The anticipation is almost too much to endure ....

Like the guy on the video says, hold the spring very carefully. A guy next to me disassembled a PKM carelessly and the spring flew from one end of the hallway to another smacking another guy in the forehead causing a nice gash. :D

I wonder how many metres of RHA a spring-launched toothpick could penetrate?

Steve

Or you could make a "shorter' strap.I think this way the lack of animation wont hurt that much since a shorter strap is by itself more rigid than a long one.Just a thought...

Looks like Estonians don't need no stink'n anything, 'cept their mits!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da8_1297870586

What a joke. I'd like to see that man act like that in New Jersey. Those policemen should be ashamed of how they handled themselves. They need more training...

Now, to get back to something relevant, how close to release are we now?

Very good and detailed screen shots. I just have a question, since everybody is looking closely to details. The MG 42 being fired has an ammo belt drum feed. I thought that the drum feeder could only be fitted on the MG 34.

Am I right ?

I have noticed, with amazement, that a German leaning rifleman seemed to move the bolt of its K-98 to feed another round. To have such details in the game is fantastic, can't wait anymore its release.