New German screenshots!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Awesome... The Gaming World will be taken by storm...lol

I find myself reloading the CM:BN main page until I get the 'running banner' for CM:BN and then I can watch/identify the vehicles coming over the hill and down the road... I have to stop once in a while to wipe the drool from my mouth.... I hope this is released soon... my sleep patterns are starting to get disrupted in anticipation...:)

To all working on CM:BN - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

That is all...

-FR

I find myself reloading the CM:BN main page until I get the 'running banner' for CM:BN and then I can watch/identify the vehicles coming over the hill and down the road...

Heh... a hint: there are 10 different vehicles per banner (10 US and 10 German), appearing randomly in groups of 3.

Emrys, it's just below his right hand, it looks like an attachment for a sling. But appears to be part of the actual skin of the gun and not a separate 3D sling.

Damn, I'm good, I got the CMBN banner on my first try. Very nice banner for the CMBN site. I guess this will have to do for all the video requests, at least for now.

P.S. I think it maybe time to get rid of the ancient T-72 banner by now?

Re: slings. Next time you play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or any of its sequels, or most modern FPS games that have an insanely huge art budget with multiple entire studios working for them, you'll notice that there aren't any slings on their weapons and they just float near the characters. They are not fun or easy to make convincingly.

Console games may have high art budgets, but the graphics capability of consoles is severely limited. Compared to a modern PC, the specs are a joke.

Looking at some screenshots of X-Box version of CoD:Black Ops - the images are nice, but they are really small, not even 1 MP. So the images are really soft looking on my computer screen. I wonder how much the low graphics horsepower prevents console game designers from adding things like slings (even if they weren't hard to make)

Haha... slings... haha :D

If I were to make a list of 100 graphical improvements I'd like to get into Combat Mission at some point, I'd not put slings on there. On a list of 1000 graphical improvements? Possibly, though it would be towards the bottom. They are nearly impossible to do and have look even remotely OK, so why bother investing a significant chunk of development resources into something that would not look very convincing no matter what we did?

Just saying :P

Steve

Yes, and that's why I might not even put it on a list of 1000 graphical improvements. We weigh graphical improvements against this standard all the time. Little graphical details do add up to make a more enjoyable game environment, true enough, but little graphical details that take huge amount of effort are almost never give back as much as they take.

Steve