Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

3 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

So... are we going to be able to detach the Soviet squad leader to remain inside the AFV as was Soviet doctrine or is this another title that will degrade the soviet side with sensorless AFVs once the squad deploys?

Presumably this could be sorted in the future with a new 'Split-Squad' option.....Something like 'Command' maybe?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

So... are we going to be able to detach the Soviet squad leader to remain inside the AFV as was Soviet doctrine or is this another title that will degrade the soviet side with sensorless AFVs once the squad deploys?

Are you sure it was that simple?  Seems that only one squad leader was also a vehicle commander, the other two vehicles being commanded by the Platoon Leader and the Deputy Platoon Leader (Senior Sergeant).

Edited by akd

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Maybe it would be a better idea elminate the platoon HQ (and reduce one squad by one man), give each BMP a three man crew, and designate one BMP (& its crew) as the platoon leader?

Then you won’t have a dismounted platoon per doctrine.

11 hours ago, akd said:

Then you won’t have a dismounted platoon per doctrine.

Perhaps some kind of abstraction like was done for the Bradley (extra passengers allowance), could be made. My current CMx2 doctrine is to mount 'left over' teams in BMPs, which isn't really ideal / 'conform doctrine vision' either I'd say.

Wow, big secret with lots of room for expansions.  Isn't it funny how times change, see Steve's reply circa Dec.2006 when asked why BF not doing a '1980's Fulda gap' title.

"The other reason is that Charles and I don't have much interest in alternate history. A big clash between NATO and the Warsaw Pact didn't happen, obviously. Therefore our interest in toiling away, day after day for months, is just not there. And if Charles and I aren't psyched to do it, then it's dead right there.

We've got enough stuff to last us the next 20 years that we're very excited to do, so why would we want to delay any of that for sokmething we're not interested in doing and will be a commercial flop? We might be crazy, but we ain't stupid. 

Steve"

Edited by Geoff-Ludumpress

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Ummm.....Pretty sure this is @Bil Hardenberger & @The_Capt's baby.  ;)

Nothing is possible without Steve and the rest of the BFC boys. 

3 hours ago, Geoff-Ludumpress said:

Wow, big secret with lots of room for expansions.  Isn't it funny how times change, see Steve's reply circa Dec.2006 when asked why BF not doing a '1980's Fulda gap' title.

"The other reason is that Charles and I don't have much interest in alternate history. A big clash between NATO and the Warsaw Pact didn't happen, obviously. Therefore our interest in toiling away, day after day for months, is just not there. And if Charles and I aren't psyched to do it, then it's dead right there.

We've got enough stuff to last us the next 20 years that we're very excited to do, so why would we want to delay any of that for sokmething we're not interested in doing and will be a commercial flop? We might be crazy, but we ain't stupid. 

Steve"

FWIW I think he was spot on for 2006. But, it’s been a few years since then, and things change. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

genuine question here, if we pre order, i saw something about a steam key being sent etc, what if we'd prefer not to have steam key? 

You have to pick up your Steam key manually on Slitherine/Matrix store, nothing is going to sent to you.