Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

Good Morning!

This is really happening :)

I got an urge to play cold war era games so I installed World in Conflict and it's still a as fun today as it was in 2007. I still have my collectors edition somewhere with a piece of the Berlin wall. The graphics is still good even by today standards and one can max it out without problem. Sure it's not comparable to Combat Mission game and it's a bit later era (1989) but it's still a fun story and fun gameplay!

1 hour ago, Andy_101 said:

An up-to-date installation of what exactly?

A patch, the download is a patch with all the content in the base game.

Example: If you have CM Red Thunder and buy Fire & Rubble FR module, when it is released hopefully soon, the FR module will also be a patch. Anybody can download this FR patch an it will bring their version up to date, but the FR content will be greyed out you cant use it before you buy the FR module and use the lisence key you get, then all FR content is released.

I check the BF website and I saw the cold war post and my first reaction was WTF is this.   I could believe it.. Someone posted they thought they were having a dream.. I know it's funny and possibly strange for someone to feel this way about a game, any game.  I guess the kid in me and possibly most of us love history and our respective countries military.  With all the books fictional and otherwise written about and east and west clash would play out.  It for would not be without great loss and destruction.  As in the movie Patton George C. Scott said, "God help me I love it so".

Edited by markus544

24 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

A patch, the download is a patch with all the content in the base game.

Example: If you have CM Red Thunder and buy Fire & Rubble FR module, when it is released hopefully soon, the FR module will also be a patch. Anybody can download this FR patch an it will bring their version up to date, but the FR content will be greyed out you cant use it before you buy the FR module and use the lisence key you get, then all FR content is released.

That is true for F&R, but I think for Cold War the wording on the website was a small error and is going to be changed (if it hasn't been already) as it will be a downloadable base game not a patch? 

I will await correction and punishment should this be wrong 😉.

3 hours ago, Andy_101 said:

This looks great.  But can someone explain the following to me?

There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need.

An up-to-date installation of what exactly?  

It's a mistake.

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

That is true for F&R, but I think for Cold War the wording on the website was a small error and is going to be changed (if it hasn't been already) as it will be a downloadable base game not a patch? 

I will await correction and punishment should this be wrong 😉.

You are not wrong. So, no punishment unless you are into that :D

1 hour ago, Guest ViperAsassin26 said:

Will there be a demo? 

Nothing has been announced but if there were none it would be a first for CM2 games.