Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

Just curious, for those in the know, what 'Force' naming convention will be used for CMCW? I know the WWII titles use Axis/Allies and the CMSF2 (the only modern title I have) uses Red/Blue. Will it be NATO/WP, Red/Blue, etc? The reason I ask is I'm working up my own custom tweaked Scenario AI Planning and Scenario Objective Worksheets based on the ones in the "Sheriff of Oosterbeek - Scenario Design DAR/AAR" PDF.

By a sheer fluke, I happened to notice there was a forum for what I thought was a new title for the much desired CM Fulda Gap. Oh, was I ever wrong! Had NO idea there was anything but Modules and maybe Vehicle Packs in the development pipeline, so this was quite the shock, combined with elation and dismay. Was thrilled to see a game coming out covering the sometimes terrifying period when the Soviets and Warsaw Pact were my bread and butter as a Soviet Threat Analyst, but was greatly dismayed that, after what brother George just asserted was two years, am still not CM functional. Indeed, there are times when I'm not even CoC functional. Immensely frustrating to have such a marvel come out, yet not be able to play it.

May do the pre-order anyway and dare to believe I WILL be CM capable again! Congratulations to those who made this game happen. Shall get up to speed by reading the initial AARs which ever precede game release.

Regards,

John Kettler 

P.S.

Over on the product page, it says this is a CM 4 engine game. Already have the hard copy Engine 4 manual from CMBS, so is all that remains is to DL once the pre-orders can be received? Will there be a dedicated CM Cold WAr Manual as there was for CMBS?

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, t34577685 said:

Is the model of hemelt right?

As was explicitly said by a tester, Soviet uniforms and infantry models are still work in progress. So, beta screenshots might not represent what the final product will be.

I'm positive that when we'll, finally, run CM:CW on our PCs, we'll see an assortment of SSh-68 and SSh-40/60 helmets.

1 hour ago, Amedeo said:

As was explicitly said by a tester, Soviet uniforms and infantry models are still work in progress. So, beta screenshots might not represent what the final product will be.

I'm positive that when we'll, finally, run CM:CW on our PCs, we'll see an assortment of SSh-68 and SSh-40/60 helmets.

that,s great!

21 hours ago, Double Deuce said:

Just curious, for those in the know, what 'Force' naming convention will be used for CMCW? I know the WWII titles use Axis/Allies and the CMSF2 (the only modern title I have) uses Red/Blue. Will it be NATO/WP, Red/Blue, etc? The reason I ask is I'm working up my own custom tweaked Scenario AI Planning and Scenario Objective Worksheets based on the ones in the "Sheriff of Oosterbeek - Scenario Design DAR/AAR" PDF.

In the editor the US is "Blue" and the Soviets are "Red."

On 2/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, Bubba883XL said:

Well, I'd start with getting a good GPU to begin with a GTX1080 or 2080

I guess he might have the same iGPU/dGPU selection issue as I do. One does not really need even 10xx to run the game - the problem is the engine chooses to employ iGPU sometimes despite all the system settings and having a better dGPU to use :( @IanL

Edited by IMHO

On 3/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, Guest Skeleton said:

I solved it by going to the Nvidia control panel, looking up the relevant program (should be under Recent), and forcing it to select the higher-end GPU instead of the integrated one.

It seems those 15yrs old openGL libraries Cmxx is using have the mind of their own :( System selection worked just fine until I tried to lower power consumption on dual-GPU laptop with changing the settings for some system processes. Now i can't revert it back however I tried :( CMxx really sucks at however modern laptops :(

Edited by IMHO

5 hours ago, IMHO said:

the engine chooses to employ iGPU sometimes despite all the system settings and having a better dGPU to use 

I have not experienced this. I have done this on two high quality notebook computers. One I still have and one no longer with us 😞 In both cases I never had the game use the integrated card after I told it to use the better GPU.

1 hour ago, STAGEMAN said:

release Fire and rubble already

Yes.

@BFCElvis I admire your restraint and I think there's just an angst about waiting for F&R and now CW.  Once they're released hopefully we can all go back to blowing the bejeezes out of pixeltruppen instead of discussing each others' real or imagined political proclivities.

Bring on F&R and CW 😉.

20 hours ago, IanL said:

I have not experienced this. I have done this on two high quality notebook computers. One I still have and one no longer with us 😞 In both cases I never had the game use the integrated card after I told it to use the better GPU.

As long as you don't try to tamper with system processes :) CMBS behaved well and allowed proper switching between iGPU and dGPU right up to the moment I tried to change the GPU settings for Window Manager and a bunch of other system processes to reduce GPU temperature (DWM sometimes creates an inordinate load on GPU). After that - no luck. I reverted back all the settings yet CMBS still "prefers" iGPU.

@BFCElvis,

Any chance we could get some more pics or short videos of CMCW pre-release for us pre-orderers.  Just to wet our appetites a little more and give us more to compl...😁 talk about on the forum.

I would love to see just an M60 sitting next to an M1 and a M2 sitting next to an M113.  A 'drone' flyover would be cool.  Although they didn't have camera drones back then...  So make it a helicopter flyover if possible.  COVID is making me a little (more) stir-crazy.