Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

19 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

Nice screenshots!. The one thing not convincing would be those soviet helmets. As stated previously in this very thread, I wish an helmet update  before release.

Would that be a somewhat straightforward mod?

8 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Was the color of the soviet tanks changed? I have the feeling they are looking much better now compared to previous pictures. Now they have exactly this proper yellowish green which I was looking.

Without a properly color metered display one can hardly guess.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Was the color of the soviet tanks changed? I have the feeling they are looking much better now compared to previous pictures. Now they have exactly this proper yellowish green which I was looking.

There are a few different shades of Soviet green that appears in the game. Not my call on that decision. I think the T-64As and BMP-1s in the screenshots I posted look the best. 

1 hour ago, IICptMillerII said:

There are a few different shades of Soviet green that appears in the game. Not my call on that decision. I think the T-64As and BMP-1s in the screenshots I posted look the best. 

Since you mentioned it :)

1. CMCW screenshots that I've seen represent a Soviet Army field uniform. But in reality GSVG frontline troops were to fight in camo (Berezka at that time). Refer to Zapad exercises photos. 
  2. For tanks/BMPs and other frontline equipment there were military district specific colors - e.g. GSGV and TurkVO used different ones.
  3. Comparing your and @BFCElvis screenshots - yours look perfect but for TurkVO (unlike GSVG) and @BFCElvis 's are kind of way off the mark. GSVG used a deeper green anyway unlike TurkVO.
  4. But most of all helmets are unnatural. They were colored at the production plant - so the same color for everyone and it was deeper green.
  5. If you want I can provide you the samples of old Soviet colors of 80s.
Edited by IMHO

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

You mean it's released, Dan?

No Aragorn :). I am still just so surprised & happy that this showed up one day out of nowhere on the forum.  Usually we hear about what's next a year or so in advance.  And it should be here in a month or two.  One more reason for me to not get careless & get COVID & die before I can get vaccinated -- I have something to live for

7 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

No Aragorn :). I am still just so surprised & happy that this showed up one day out of nowhere on the forum.  Usually we hear about what's next a year or so in advance.  And it should be here in a month or two.  One more reason for me to not get careless & get COVID & die before I can get vaccinated -- I have something to live for

Haha. Glad to hear that, my friend. 

On 3/24/2021 at 11:12 AM, maxmaxmax said:

Hi everyone,

I was going to buy CMCW but noticed that game with manual will cost me 8 bucks more than without it. Question is : is it an engine Manual or it is a CMCW manual? 

It is the game engine manual.