RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

11 hours ago, Commanderski said:

At that stage of the war neither side was interested in taking many prisoners.

Australian army in PNG. Found cooking pots with the remains of their mates. The Japanese had resorted to cannibalism. Guess how many POW's they made? The info is at the War Memorial and museum in Canberra. 

14 hours ago, umlaut said:

Normally, they dont. But in this case it could seem like the troops are shooting at the same moment as the germans are surrendering. Also, it seems like there is incoming fire from some troops outside the picture - perhaps a unit area firing at the german position?

I noticed that even an enemy team has been wiped out, TacAI will usually will keep firing another 5s. So these poor pixeltruppen could be caught in a 5 seconds rage.

another explanation is there is one or two hidden enemy behind the fence , so TacAI fire at those hidden targets but hit the surrendering dude

12 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Australian army in PNG. Found cooking pots with the remains of their mates. The Japanese had resorted to cannibalism. Guess how many POW's they made? The info is at the War Memorial and museum in Canberra. 

Scary what the "Human race" can do !

I wish to have one day in in CM, the Japanese (a come back), (without cooking pots pls), Australian, Gurkas, China Maho followers and others Chineses, wearing german helmets, and lot of forgot littles countries around Philipine and the yellow Sea... !

JM

Dovipz8r o

On recon patrol to check for a bridge that was reportedly left unblown by retreating troops, Feldwebel Nentzer moved his Aufklärungs Pumas forward but ran into a Soviet recon patrol of T-70s.

This T-70 took several hits from the Puma's 5.0 cm gun before Nentzer's gunner hit the T-70 in just the right spot, causing a catastrophic ammunition explosion.   The T-70 was swinging right to engage one of Nentzer's comrades, and presented his flank to Nentzer.

The war goes on.

Heinrich505

First time defending in Berlin, with a company of regular infantry, backed up by a platoon of concrete & latest Stug III's, plus a cannon halftrack (SPW 251/22). Man, I love this map! Thank you so much for your great work Ben, BF and crew!

Anyhoo, I'm quite excited to try out the HT. Could only buy one, 'cuz rarity.  Didn't buy AA. Guess what I heard in the sky after pressing Go on turn one. 😵 Below is one of the cornerstones of my defense: a fortified strongpoint at one end of the road that cuts Potsdamer Platz. After getting the all-clear on opening enemy arty, I sent in the HT to join the ATG to cover the road and tucked it in a nice little ambush position. Then this happended:

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-7_41_09-PM.thumb.jpg.2739440500e22e53cfb138d300649706.jpg

So far, it's been strafed twice, but has emerged unscathed (maybe the buildings help).

Meanwhile,  the HQ of a machine gun support platoon gets the first spot on incoming Soviets from his upper floor building location near the Haus der Flieger.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-7_49_55-PM.thumb.jpg.f8231e46cf04b479ef2ed1094e94c3a5.jpg

View from the Soviet position:

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-7_53_03-PM.thumb.jpg.b0273919fe9acb0d7927c48fd7f1d14b.jpg

Not quite time to open up yet!

Moments later, the Soviet wave crashes across the entire front line with Guards infantry and armor seemingly everywhere. German keyhole HMG teams open up on the Soviet infantry while a panzerschreck engages the lead T-34, hoping to knock it out before it can spot the machine guns. The schreck team lands a perfect shot and the tank erupts in a mighty explosion.  The AT team then displaces as another T-34 is spotted further back. Hopefully, the team will be able to circle back and be ready before the new threat attempts to engage.

Meanwhile, the next block over is chaos. Just as the German AT team there raises its tube to engage a T-34, the Soviet tank suddenly turns and darts down an alley, leaving its infantry behind. The bewildered German AT team barely has time for a next breath before previously unspotted Soviet scout and armored cars dart into the fray. The buddy German infantry teams adjacent and below desperately keep Soviet infantry at bay, while the AT team goes to work on the light vehicles. It's touch and go, but the schreck team holds its nerve and manages to brave the thick rocket exhaust and dispatch multiple vehicles only seconds before they can return fire. The zone is hot!

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-9_16_41-PM.thumb.jpg.bc513584f144573dba571692b73fbfee.jpg

At the far end of the company's defense zone, Soviet infantry rapidly closes and attempts to rush the sister strongpoint at the post office complex.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-9_33_23-PM.thumb.jpg.f70f2212a8be79f98d888c08e139ef95.jpg

However, since the attack is unsupported by tanks, the defenders are free to fire and most of the attackers are quickly cut down. Only one or two Soviets manage to get past and round the corner.

Doing so, they find themselves out of the frying pan and in the fire, as they bump right into the German's flank anchor.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-9_37_26-PM.thumb.jpg.f64c6ba3b5126172e845c1b35d822052.jpg

Death comes faster than any time for regrets.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_4_2021-9_39_02-PM.thumb.jpg.814d931710fe187a1a580b09191104ff.jpg

51 minutes ago, slysniper said:

There, I added some likes for you since I hardly ever do. So they are worth 10 compared to some of these guys.

LOL thanks. I don't think the forum system counts yours as 10 for each like though. You'll need to put in a feature request for that. :D

Soviet Artillery after playing SF2 the Soviet Artillery is to say the least archaic. The Command and Control makes it a whole new ballgame. At the beginning of the game organize your firing missions. Armour has radios and to have tanks in front is necessary. If we had flares in the game, I could work out a realistic protocol. Call for a firing mission and go ahead if the FO sees a flare. Cancel if he doesn't. Kesselring at Nuremburg said Rotterdam was bombed because the Luftwaffe didn't see the flares. The prosecution pointed out a better protocol. This is what I have in mind when I cancel previous planned firing missions. The FO is the only Unit who can call heavy artillery everybody else is denied. After the initial firing mission the FO needs to be right at the front to be effecive.  

firing-mission.png

Position your snipers well, blasting away with area fire didn't get me any confirmed kills. The snipers I didn't know which one got this guy. 

sniper.png

Edited by chuckdyke
Spelling

On 5/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

I noticed that even an enemy team has been wiped out, TacAI will usually will keep firing another 5s. So these poor pixeltruppen could be caught in a 5 seconds rage.

another explanation is there is one or two hidden enemy behind the fence , so TacAI fire at those hidden targets but hit the surrendering dude

I respond quickly before the page turns, 😁
no there is no one behind, I think it corresponds more to the 5 seconds of rage even if I sometimes wonder if in the design of the games the designers did not imagine a "psychopath" percentage, I remember of a soldier beating on a wounded man, passing from the red cross to the death's head
but Lanl is right, for times of euphoria we should be allowed to add green💚

As the center of the German first line disintegrates, the Soviets shrug off casualties and press forward without delay.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_5_2021-10_57_01-PM.thumb.jpg.5f4545239e357dfbe25394d341087998.jpg

Some Germans surrender. Others fight to the death. Those that can, attempt to get away in the hopes of forming a second center line.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_5_2021-10_44_44-PM.thumb.jpg.a0bdac2249d341864842dcf01d870c0a.jpg

The HQ team of 3rd Platoon manages to extricate itself from a bad spot and get across the main road before coming under small arms fire. One man is lightly wounded, but they make it to safety (the MG Platoon HQ from the first pic set also got away).

CM-Red-Thunder-5_5_2021-11_01_04-PM.thumb.jpg.c7ac615bbe099092a0c6765786b0185d.jpg

Guess who notices and decides to lend a hand.

CM-Red-Thunder-5_5_2021-11_03_09-PM.thumb.jpg.479c4ac5949cafbd78f5281debdb8bc7.jpg

Previous air attacks scratched the paint, but the cannon half-track is in the fight and itchin' to get some kills!

CM-Red-Thunder-5_5_2021-11_08_15-PM.thumb.jpg.648fb1e0a31534f9b042e68eae928445.jpg