RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Part II - following on from the above.

Once the enemy security outpost was eliminated the platoons swapped out and a fresh platoon carried forward the attack, whilst the lead platoon, tended to their wounded, re-orged and rearmed and took up position as the reserve.

By this stage some armour support in the shape of three Panthers had joined the attacking force. They all rolled forward.

76K7NsL.png

The enemy supporting positions that had revealed their location attempting to support their security outpost were taken under fire from the supporting 105mm 'Wespe' battery.

Whilst the defenders were pinned down the assaulting SPW platoon drove onto the enemy position.

Under covering MG fire from their SPW the grenadiers assaulted forward to clear the foxholes.

Y15IOOa.png

DKIn7Ma.png

iHfljkd.png

it was not all straightforward. Some defenders rather than cowering in the bottom of their foxhole actively and effectively engaged the attacking grenadiers.

KeSX7b5.png

The only way I could take screenshots of any of the CM games was to use Bandicam on my Win 7 PC.  I now have my CM games installed on my Win 10 PC which I purchased a few months ago.  If I try and take a screenshot, the screenshot shows the opening RT menu page.  For Windows 10 holding the Windows key and PrtScn keys works for screenshots of other games but not any of the CM ones.  What do you use to take screenshots of CM games in Windows 10, or do I have install Bandicam?

47 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

The only way I could take screenshots of any of the CM games was to use Bandicam on my Win 7 PC.  I now have my CM games installed on my Win 10 PC which I purchased a few months ago.  If I try and take a screenshot, the screenshot shows the opening RT menu page.  For Windows 10 holding the Windows key and PrtScn keys works for screenshots of other games but not any of the CM ones.  What do you use to take screenshots of CM games in Windows 10, or do I have install Bandicam?

I use Fraps. But I used to use print screen. After alt tabbing once or twice and retrying print screen, it will eventually work 

4 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

For Windows 10 holding the Windows key and PrtScn keys works for screenshots of other games but not any of the CM ones.  What do you use to take screenshots of CM games in Windows 10, or do I have install Bandicam?

You have to press Alt+windows+prtscr.

I'll post a bug report if it isn't producing a screenshot as intended with the standard combo, as I expect that impacts all titles if not working as intended. I don't expect that has been changed since the advent of CMx2.

My old go-to screenshot utility FRAPS stopped working for me, maybe with Windows 10. I've had to go to the NVidia Tools as a replacement, which is good but you need to be NVidia-based.

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, benpark said:

I expect that impacts all titles if not working as intended. I don't expect that has been changed since the advent of CMx2

I believe this is correct, or at least PrintScreen has alway given me the loading screen instead of in-game shots in the WW2 titles.

To get around it, I use Nvidia's graphics software to capture, Alt-F1 seems to do it. 

Sadly I can only post a few pics anyway before my allowance is gone, and often deleting previous ones in my profile 'store' removes them from whatever thread they were in.  I've seen suggestions that remote hosting (Imgur or whatever) is a better soultion but haven't bothered yet...

3 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Sadly I can only post a few pics anyway before my allowance is gone, and often deleting previous ones in my profile 'store' removes them from whatever thread they were in.  I've seen suggestions that remote hosting (Imgur or whatever) is a better soultion but haven't bothered yet...

So Nvidia forces its customers to upload screenshots they took (Essentially without their permission) and then has limits on the storage space you can use?

LMAOOOOO **** Nvidia. These guys are smoking crack. Why should Nvidia have my screenshots? They are mine. They belong on my hard drive. Nvidia isn't reinventing the wheel with screenshot software. I sincerely hope they go out of business. 

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

So Nvidia forces its customers to upload screenshots they took (Essentially without their permission) and then has limits on the storage space you can use?

LMAOOOOO **** Nvidia. These guys are smoking crack. Why should Nvidia have my screenshots? They are mine. They belong on my hard drive. Nvidia isn't reinventing the wheel with screenshot software. I sincerely hope they go out of business.

Ermmm, no, that's not what I meant.  They don't force me to upload screenshots, why would they?  I use it because it works and doesn't give me the loading screen every time like pressing the Windows PrintScreen button does.

And the limit I referred to is on the forum here, nothing to do with Nvidia.  I can only post 1.95MB of pictures, after which I must delete old ones to make space.  And the old pictures then seem to disappear from the threads.

42 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Ermmm, no, that's not what I meant.  They don't force me to upload screenshots, why would they?  I use it because it works and doesn't give me the loading screen every time like pressing the Windows PrintScreen button does.

And the limit I referred to is on the forum here, nothing to do with Nvidia.  I can only post 1.95MB of pictures, after which I must delete old ones to make space.  And the old pictures then seem to disappear from the threads.

WOOPS looks like I jumped the gun. Thats how I truly feel about Nvidia though

20 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

Tried Alt/Windows/PrtScn and it doesn't work.  I guess I will have to install either Bandicam or Fraps.  Thanks for the replies.

12 hours ago, benpark said:

My old go-to screenshot utility FRAPS stopped working for me, maybe with Windows 10. I've had to go to the NVidia Tools as a replacement, which is good but you need to be NVidia-based.

You could also try ReShade - it's installed into your game folder, once for each game. Runs when the game runs; has customisable screen capture - you can choose your key combo, file type, save location; think it also does video capture but never tried that so YMMV; if you're not interested in the post-processing features those can all be disabled, though having a widescreen mask is kinda cool for screen capture; can also switch it off entirely if you just wanna play; no impact on game play speed if you just run it for screen capture without the post-processing.

5 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

It used to be that one had to leave the images in the thread for a few weeks - at some point they were sucked up into an archive of some sort and became permanent. This may have changed with recent software upgrades to the forum.

Have you tried Imgur or something similar? Sign up is free, they just want your soul, then you can post many images so we'll always know what you are referring to 😉

7 hours ago, Artkin said:

Umm...screenshots taken with Nvidia's GeForce Experience software are stored on your hard drive. It's by far the best way to take screenshots in any game right now if you have an Nvidia card.

Edited by LukeFF

5 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Umm...screenshots taken with Nvidia's GeForce Experience software are stored on your hard drive. It's by far the best way to take screenshots in any game right now if you have an Nvidia card.

It was a misunderstanding, and was explained in the very next post....

Weirdness ...

XuhBTFn.jpg

Futzing about in RT when I noticed a particularly devastating explosion caused by a JgPz IV 70 hitting an SU152. Hit replay to see what was happing to the poor SU, it had basically fallen into a massive crater caused by it's own ammo cooking-off immediately as it was hit by the JgPz IV. Anyway, watched it from a couple of angles and got up close to see where the penetration was since I couldn't see it after the explosion. Paused halfway through the explosion, rewound the turn to the start and I'm stuck in wonky land, hitting play and panning around did not cure this. I had camera shake switched on, so up close to the explosion the camera was all over the place ... guess I broke it. Like being a Batman villain ...

Only fix was to hit the big red button

17 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I had camera shake switched on, so up close to the explosion the camera was all over the place

I have seen that before but it always cleared up by letting the turn play on. In your case my suggestion would be to get close to another explosion and let the turn play and see if that reset the camera once the camera wiggling was done.

I have no idea if that would work given just pressing play has always fixed this for me but worth a shot if it happens again.

17 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Weirdness ...

XuhBTFn.jpg

Silly question, not related to your issue.  Is that stock 'grass' or has it been touched by your magic?  It looks good but I realise it's not in Normandy...

If it is stock, I need to get down to ground level more often in RT.

23 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Silly question, not related to your issue.  Is that stock 'grass' or has it been touched by your magic?  It looks good but I realise it's not in Normandy...

Good question.

6 hours ago, IanL said:

I have seen that before but it always cleared up by letting the turn play on. In your case my suggestion would be to get close to another explosion and let the turn play and see if that reset the camera once the camera wiggling was done.

I have no idea if that would work given just pressing play has always fixed this for me but worth a shot if it happens again.

Yeah, it just stayed broke until I ended the replay and moved on. I might give it another go now that I know how to make it happen ... methinks a Nebelwerfer barrage should do the trick ...

8 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Good question.

... what? This?

Tu0EW09.jpg

Okay, so ... as I said, I was futzing about in RT ...

There's nothing ready for show time, I've just been seeing how much work would be needed to port a bit of Normandy over to the East. Some of it's a little too green at the moment but it don't look too bad, even with a few stock textures thrown in - potato fields and cabbages. Biggest issues are that it's only going to work for the summer months, all the other seasons have to be made from scratch - anyone know how to clone people. My time is very limited as I'm stuck in the bog at the moment 💩 - no not like that, I am proving my worth refurbishing our bathroom, to be followed by much more DIY ... anyway some more screenies to wet your collective whistles ...

eITR95l.jpgjkanVtn.jpgThese pairs are with and without rReShade, but can't remember if I had Movie Mode on ...

zgv9Bz7.jpgtY5xHyR.jpg

Playing in the long grass ...

kA2Z802.jpgoZV3yH0.jpg

uI3KOgH.jpgZgAKclT.jpg

c9G2TLf.jpgDLvvhPv.jpg

ATlDHqP.jpgMsDTWH7.jpgBlowin' sh!t up ...

Now. it's really really late and I have a ceiling to paint tomorrow ... today ... whatever