RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

4 minutes ago, Bufo said:

es because once a squad leader loses contact with the platoon leader,

Not exactly what I meant. Example an LMG engages some enemy units in a recent game he sees a JS2 nearby a unit which has a different C2. On Iron when I click my LMG he has a full contact with the IS2 and because the IS2 is unbuttoned sees the LMG as well. To let the JS2 engage the units of the LMG is realistic and reasonable. 

29 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Not exactly what I meant. Example an LMG engages some enemy units in a recent game he sees a JS2 nearby a unit which has a different C2. On Iron when I click my LMG he has a full contact with the IS2 and because the IS2 is unbuttoned sees the LMG as well. To let the JS2 engage the units of the LMG is realistic and reasonable. 

Well in this sense it's okay.

10 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

That was the explanation in Barbarossa to Berlin. I would say a signal pistol could be an option. German HMG crews had a flashlight for signaling. Not all C2 depend on radio. I play on Iron and my home rule before I press the Red Button, I click a unit and see which unit he can see. They are the units I let coordinate their tactics. 

Runners ...

On 5/28/2021 at 10:11 AM, George MC said:

Poland summer 1944, early morning. Panthers moving out.

QYdSez0.png

King Tigers from Schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 about to engage Soviet IS-IIs. They did better in-game than they did in RL!

YD0GK0v.png

4XWprRW.png

diAHzBs.png

dWsM8fU.png

From what I've read their CO was relieved after this action. 

28 minutes ago, jtsjc1 said:

From what I've read their CO was relieved after this action. 

Yeah it didn't get any better after this action either...

The 501st’s record through August 1944 was so poor that on the 22nd August 1944, as you say, Major von Legat was relieved of his command. It is also reported that he had links to the 20th July 1944 conspiracy to kill Hitler. I can't find any record of what happened to him after this.

On 5/27/2021 at 7:30 PM, General Jack Ripper said:

BCMLl4C.jpg

ZIP-CRACK!
"Did you see that?"

No, but I heard it!!  :D  It's amazing all the small details the turn replay function allows players to observe and screenshot.  I can easily burn 15 minutes of RL time replaying one minute of game time attempting to see all the interesting little details. 

7.62x25mm Tokarev. Half a Soviet squad is equipped with submachine guns for this cartridge. Inside 100 meters Soviet squads quickly gain fire superiority over German Squads. Inside a forest or city fighting take them on. Checked the tables it packs more punch than the 9x19mm of the German weapon.

Fire.jpg 

6 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

7.62x25mm Tokarev. Half a Soviet squad is equipped with submachine guns for this cartridge. Inside 100 meters Soviet squads quickly gain fire superiority over German Squads. Inside a forest or city fighting take them on. Checked the tables it packs more punch than the 9x19mm of the German weapon.

Fire.jpg 

We some screenshots like this we can really recognize and appreciated the power of the engine game without to know what reserve us the power of cm3 ?!

Series of screenshots showing a German SPW company attacking a Soviet rifle company (-) hasty strongpoint. No time to expand foxholes into trenches, lay wire or mines. Not as easy as you'd think! Despite the application of lots of HE...

1zbvfYb.png

Rolling into the attack and about to make contact with a Soviet security post. The first 'speed bump'.

uPgGSYL.png

Contact! Lead platoon debuss and start their attack whilst SPW MGs provide supressing fire whilst the companies mortars pummel the located outpost.

kUO9bSl.png

251/9 'Stummel' move up to provide close fire support. They are very handy for this task as less prone to losing crew given all have their heads down. Still ATRs can mess them up...

5uWXtqK.png

The company commander co-ordinating the attack. The smoke is rising from one SPW nailed by an light AT gun. The smoke in the background was put down to provide cover in response as the gun could not be spotted.

yrxYUjO.jpg

More smoke to cover a flanking action by two other SPW from the lead platoon. Supporting elements from the other platoons provide supporting fire and attempt to supress other Soviet rifle positions that are now engaging the attacking company with effective aimed rifle, MG, mortar and artillery fire.