RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, danfrodo said:

what battle/campaign is that, Macisle?

It's a battle I cooked up using H1nd's Nemanitsa map. He's an excellent mapmaker. To my knowledge, he just does maps without AI plans.  So, I grabbed the map and did one of my "QB+" personal scenarios. That's where I put something together as fast as my fingers will fly before bed and wake up to a pleasingly foggy memory of what I did and something between a QB and scenario to play. Usually, I play once and then delete.

So far, the battle is a fun one (great map!), with the AI providing adequate traction. I did general setup areas, so I don't know where anything specific is. I've been diligent on recon and have enjoyed seeing what pops up.

I actually sent someone a copy and have a dropbox link ready of my first turn setup save. So, I'll go ahead and post it HERE in case anybody wants to give it a whirl. A few things to note:

• I forgot to turn the clock down, so there are 4 hours set. I'm using a house rule of 2 hours (must ceasefire then if the battle hasn't finished).
  • A couple of enemy units intended to be hidden are easy to spot. However, it may not be a biggie, given the particulars.
  • I've added setup arty, so the player will need to cancel and redo. Check the battalion commander and left flank company HQ for that.

There is no briefing, so here is the one I added for the person I sent the file to:

June 22, 1944, German Assault on Village of Nemanitsa

Your mission: Take the village. There are four line objectives, each deeper into the village. One star equals 100 points. Terrain points total: 1K, Casualty points total: 1K.

Enemy Force: Mixed Soviet Guards, with air support and fortifications. No specific intel, but expect a strong infantry presence.

Your Force:

2 X Regular Infantry Companies and Battalion HQ (mortars on-map)

2 X Panzer IV Platoons

Panzer Support Co. with mobile AA, recon, pioneers, & FT HT platoon

1 X Wespe Platoon for heavy direct fire support

Heavy mortar support

All forces on map at start. 4 hours on the clock, turn-based Iron mode.

Assault on Nemanitsa

From his overwatch position, a tank commander observes as his comrades work to overcome a duo of strongpoints. On the right, flame halftracks incinerate the hiding remnants of anti-tank gun crews. On the left, elements of his tank platoon join Grenadiers closing in on the remaining defenders.

Despite intense support fire from tanks and machine guns, the Soviet Guard infantry there continue to inflicted casualties on the advancing Germans. A radio call is placed to the half-tracks...

CM-Red-Thunder-4_24_2021-10_32_48-PM.thumb.jpg.671889f4084c3cdd6c67f158ead4a074.jpg

Mobile recon kubels in to scout out the torched strongpoint on the right. So far, all clear.

CMRT_042521_1.thumb.jpg.708644c655d3a9ed948136dfbddf69e5.jpg

Meanwhile, the flame half-tracks reposition to support the assault on the strongpoint on the left. Friendly infantry is very glad for the help!

CMRT_042521_2.thumb.jpg.79b5e79a8fb4eaf3c0cdb4062444441a.jpg

Uh-oh... friendly suppression fire on the left side of the strong point eases up for the incoming half-tracks a bit too soon and Guards-Iron-Man-Ivan doesn't let the opportunity go to waste. SMG fire immediately erupts from the next target area and hoses the lead half-track. Gulp!

CMRT_042521_3.thumb.jpg.4c47a113522eb8f0bf7fe2a13174aa57.jpg

Both half-tracks back away from the small arms fire. The lead HT MG gunner attempts to engage the offending Soviet(s?) and is immediately cut down for his efforts. The HTs back off for half a minute while friendly tanks and infantry saturate the strong point with area fire again. Then, they re-engage, one HT on each side. Despite the huge amount of MG fire being put on the strongpoint, Soviet defenders still manage to survive, take shots and even inflict casualties on the German infantry, who have paused their advance to engage and limit their exposure from movement.

As the rear HT circles behind the strongpoint, another Hero of the Soviet Union emerges, braving a hail of bullets from multiple MGs to hurl grenades at the approaching German vehicle. It doesn't look good for the German crew...

CMRT_042521b_1.thumb.jpg.4353eb808ec69b321235c261743e6342.jpg

The first grenade goes wide, but the fearless Soviet pulls another and is about to let it fly when the lead half-track on the other side lets go a jet of liquid flame that finds its mark, ending the immediate threat to the second HT. Whew!

CMRT_042521b_2.thumb.jpg.4854aef26874aedd929b498925b79523.jpg

Meanwhile, enemy air, which has been circling seemingly forever, finally appears ready to attack. Thank goodness the Germans have strong AA support.

CMRT_042521b_3.thumb.jpg.e78dc3094486a4c09ae4ae8dd11e6e1f.jpg

Wait...

CMRT_042521b_4.thumb.jpg.34d9bde315461d43476201e169fed177.jpg

Nevermind.

CMRT_042521b_5.thumb.jpg.eed22987a607251f66b6391974389e24.jpg

At least the radio man got out. ☹️

55 minutes ago, t34577685 said:

NO ONE CAN STOP KING TIGER!!!

9Ss8Pi3.jpg

Even if I have only moxinnagan m1891 / 30 in my hand, I will fight to the end for my motherland!

Such firm eyes!

0QLmiP9.jpg

The faces have been reworked, we feel the hate or anxiety  in him ...very realistic.

Edited by JM Stuff