Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

53 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I want to plant the flag on top of the Reichstag. Will be an interesting scenario. 

It will bring so many interesting possibilities for scenarios. There are few good books about the fighting in 1944-45 at the Eastern front, compared to 1941-43. I'm interested in the whole period, but 1944-45 the most.  Desperate fighting with no hope of victory or glory, it's like watching LOTR, but without a ring to cast in the fire. 🙂

Edited by Aragorn2002

There's a 1944(?) Konigsberg scenario I'd be interested in creating. Showcases the use of Soviet asset deployment on the fly to address an urban strongpoint. Very tactical situation, but the assets deployed are impressive.

25 minutes ago, Grisha said:

There's a 1944(?) Konigsberg scenario I'd be interested in creating. Showcases the use of Soviet asset deployment on the fly to address an urban strongpoint. Very tactical situation, but the assets deployed are impressive.

Something like this?:

FR Snow for the Hungry

Historical

Date: January 30, 1945

Conditions: Snow with Blizzard conditions

Backstory: Konigsberg has just been encircled and the German navy has officially begun Operation Hannibal for evacuation of German civilians in East Prussia.  Gross Deutschland organized all of its remaining armor and APC infantry to attack East along the Baltic coast and relieve the encircled soldiers and civilians trapped in Konigsberg. 

That is one that @ASL Veteran has made.

34 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Just look at Barbarossa to Berlin a few scenarios are there for the taking. Courland, East Prussia, and the list goes on and on. 

In fact there are few battlefields where so many interesting battles took place as the Eastern front in 1944-45. Although a rather neglected history, the fighting there was more fierce and fought with more units and material over a larger space than anywhere else. There are just a few authors, like Douglas E. Nash jr.and Aaron Stephan Hamilton, who write about these battles in detail. Of course many authors write about the Eastern front in general, but authors who really research what happened there are few and far between. The average German infantry division at the Eastern front in 1944/45 saw more action in a month than most Western Allied divisions during the whole of WW2. Only a fraction of that action can be found in books, for the real details one has to read complicated documents such as War diaries (KTB) of regiments, divisions, Corps etc. A very time assuming job, for which most authors don't have the time, energy or knowledge. Most of these documents can only be found in archives in Russia, Germany and other countries. Apart from that there's only a fraction left of all documents, since most of it was destroyed at the end of the war by the units themselves or by Allied bombing. German divisional books are usually suprisingly superficial, although there are exceptions, like the divisional account of the 1. or 4. Panzer Division.

Names like Wilkowischken, Goldap, Lauban and Bautzen only ring a bell with hardcore Eastfronters and they are just the tip of the iceberg of battles that raged in the last year of the war in the East.

In that respect I can very well understand the Russian frustration when it comes to the question who defeated Germany. On the other hand war is war and the suffering was no less at the Western front or anywhere else of that cursed conflict.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Something like this?:

FR Snow for the Hungry

Historical

Backstory: Konigsberg has just been encircled and the German navy has officially begun Operation Hannibal for evacuation of German civilians in East Prussia.  Gross Deutschland organized all of its remaining armor and APC infantry to attack East along the Baltic coast and relieve the encircled soldiers and civilians trapped in Konigsberg. 

Sounds very interesting. I'm especially interested in the maps of Eastern Prussia. 

Operation Hannibal. How many people will ever have heard of that?

43 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

That scenario does sound like something interesting and out of the ordinary.

Also, we're at 6 weeks, so right in the heart of the typical 4-8 weeks from pre-order's being open to release, so keep up the positive waves and we'll be downloading it before we know it.

I don't share your optimism, but I'm so hoping you're right. 

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Something like this?:

FR Snow for the Hungry

Historical

Ahh! Now you force my hand! I will try and find the info from my books posthaste!