Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

Any new about the F&R release? I know that the time elapsed between preorder announcement and the official release is usually 6-8 weeks, but BFCElvis said in other post that the they planned to short that timeframe. Taking into account that probably the team is now busy working on Cold War beta, can we wait a release really soon? Is there still much to do?

1 hour ago, Jumpete said:

Any new about the F&R release? I know that the time elapsed between preorder announcement and the official release is usually 6-8 weeks, but BFCElvis said in other post that the they planned to short that timeframe. Taking into account that probably the team is now busy working on Cold War beta, can we wait a release really soon? Is there still much to do?

I'm also curious why CM Cold War has a release date but Fire and Rubble does not. Is it because of the collab with Slitherine? 

6 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

In the Cold War threads there is mention of another vehicle being added to F&R in the last week (!) plus additional scenarios.  So we are getting more bang for our pre-order bucks 😉.

Of course the vehicle could be a bicycle, but if it is let's hope it has Panzerfaust mounts.

I think they mentioned adding the Jagdtiger.

18 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

I have great memories of immobilzing one in Final blitzkrieg then sending a Stuart to it's rear to take it out. Used all of it's AP rounds and the crew didn't even bail 😄

And I've just finished a QB on the Poteau map where I had purchased (among other things) a Jagdtiger.  The QB was a QB if you get my drift, as the AI had purchased 9 flail tanks and a couple of other Shermans (I did not see anything else).  As the flail tanks headed up the road flailing, with turrets pointed backwards, they did not trouble my Jagdtiger at all.  All 9 despatched, plus one of the other Shermans.  End of story 😉.

However, why did the AI do such a thing?

Edited by Vacilllator
Still can't type

40 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

And I've just finished a QB on the Poteau map where I had purchased (among other things) a Jagdtiger.  The QB was a QB if you get my drift, as the AI had purchased 9 flail tanks and a couple of other Shermans (I did not see anything else).  As the flail tanks headed up the road flailing, with turrets pointed backwards, they did not trouble my Jagdtiger at all.  All 9 despatched, plus one of the other Shermans.  End of story 😉.

Yes the AI usually picks ill-advised choices in QB. I always pick for them and make sure they have a balance of infantry and vehicles. Then I just try to forget what I gave them when the map starts.

Pre-ordered. Gotta support the little guys. CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, CMFB, CMBS, expansions, etc, as well as the 3 original titles. Jeez, I miss CMAK

Running a small, light vehicle or two back and forth right behind your advancing troops in the desert to create a big-a$$ dust cloud and obscure the actual troop concentrations and movement... yup, good times.

31 minutes ago, herr_oberst said:

Pre-ordered. Gotta support the little guys. CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, CMFB, CMBS, expansions, etc, as well as the 3 original titles. Jeez, I miss CMAK

Running a small, light vehicle or two back and forth right behind your advancing troops in the desert to create a big-a$$ dust cloud and obscure the actual troop concentrations and movement... yup, good times.

I love all of CM but early North Africa in CMAK is still my favorite.

The crap tanks missing...a lot, the dust clouds, the trickery. Good times indeed.

21 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Probably because it could do it. Or perhaps it wanted to impress you with his ability to use flail tanks and give you something to shoot at with your jagdtiger.

But in all seriousness, AI force selection isn't using big data or neural networks for it's decision making on what forces it needs to win. All i know it's a semi random selection, so you're probably better of reviewing it and or selecting it yourself.  

32 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Probably because it could do it. Or perhaps it wanted to impress you with his ability to use flail tanks and give you something to shoot at with your jagdtiger.

But in all seriousness, AI force selection isn't using big data or neural networks for it's decision making on what forces it needs to win. All i know it's a semi random selection, so you're probably better of reviewing it and or selecting it yourself.  

It depends a lot on which game and which QB parameters. Like the current CMFB v2.03 US mix force picker is borked (Flamethrower platoon), same goes for CMSF2 Marines mix force (AAVs). CMFI v2.11 German mix force picker has issues in 1943 (Panther bunkers).

The other mix force auto pickers do better. But it is still miles away from something that can be called 'AI'. (Where is the line where a bunch algorithms can be called AI anyways?).

I have never seen the 9 flail tank + 1 normal tank selection before, so I wonder; how to reproduce that one?

In general this part of the game always has issues, that make me wonder why...

19 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

I have never seen the 9 flail tank + 1 normal tank selection before, so I wonder; how to reproduce that one?

Total Victory came up before I had a chance to KO everything (and also before I could capture Poteau), but out of curiouslity I have just played to the end from the last save I made, several turns before the end.  This time I knocked out 11 (!) flail tanks.  Remaining on the map at the end review were two 'normal' Shermans (one broken, one shaken) and a sniper team (shaken).   And in case anyone is wondering I had selected US Mixed force 😉.

I have the setup turn .bts file if anyone is that interested, but as mentioned it was a bit of a 'Quick' QB so unless you like a bit of easy destruction it might not be worth it.

16 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

FB.

Don't think BN has Jagdtigers?

Indeed. Like I said, CMFB QB US mix force is most borked. It is totally biased for selecting a "Flamethrower Platoon", which in practice means that it spends all points on different M4 shermans. You can test it by setting QB force to 'Human selection' instead and pressing "Suggestions" a dozen times in the units interface.