Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

25 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

I don't get it. CW was announced this year with a release date. This was announced forever ago and nothing? How does that make sense?

One is being released along with a 3rd party. One isn't.

New products released through Steam require different steps than products released only by us. There is a product approval process with Steam. There is planned marketing by the 3rd party that they need to know when work needs to be ready. Cold War had reached a point in it's development where a commitment on a realease date could to be made. For both the Slitherine marketing department and for Steam. Now we have to hit that commitment and still deliver the quality that we strive for with every release. 🙂

I hope that explains it and is candid enough. 

6 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

New products released through Steam require different steps than products released only by us. There is a product approval process with Steam. There is planned marketing by the 3rd party that they need to know when work needs to be ready. Cold War had reached a point in it's development where a commitment on a realease date could to be made. For both the Slitherine marketing department and for Steam. Now we have to hit that commitment and still deliver the quality that we strive for with every release. 🙂

Gotcha. Thanks for the response Elvis. I think we all just really want to play the new module especially when so many are sitting on their hands with the world being the way it is. Cheers

27 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

I think we all just really want to play the new module especially when so many are sitting on their hands with the world being the way it is. Cheers

I can dig it. And having having played nearly all of it...you do. And being inside and running out of things do....I can dig that too.

I had said (what seems like a million years ago now) that there was 1 more piece that would get us past the 95% done point. We got that a week and a half ago. It's mop up time now.  

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain what is happening. I know that the community really appreciates a peek into the process while we wait. 

3 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Ok I have never bought a game on Steam, just see what happens.

What?  You are the second person I've heard say that in under 2 months.  I thought {all} gamers used Steam.  I also thought they had a monopoly on computer games.  That's why I was so excited when I heard Combat Mission was coming to Steam.  Loads of new cannonfodder... I mean customers.

1 minute ago, Probus said:

thought {all} gamers used Steam. 

I see Steam as a solution to a non-existing problem. If they slow down the release date of games, I see that as a problem. I can remember when you bought CM in the local computer shop. Then I couldn't find them till I found out about 3 years ago I could buy the games online. Possibly Steam will go the same way. 

23 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I see Steam as a solution to a non-existing problem. If they slow down the release date of games, I see that as a problem. I can remember when you bought CM in the local computer shop. Then I couldn't find them till I found out about 3 years ago I could buy the games online. Possibly Steam will go the same way. 

Steam has nothing to do with the endless delay of Fire and Rubble.

I quite like Steam. Never understood why BF didn't.

I find this whole conversation confusing.. I am not casting anything on you guys.  I am reading the posts and in doing so between the lines and I still don't get the whole steam deal.  What's the big deal with steam anyway?..  Just a marketing thing as far as I can tell...Am I missing something or what?  I am probably just not as smart as the rest of you guys.  

15 minutes ago, markus544 said:

I find this whole conversation confusing.. I am not casting anything on you guys.  I am reading the posts and in doing so between the lines and I still don't get the whole steam deal.  What's the big deal with steam anyway?..  Just a marketing thing as far as I can tell...Am I missing something or what?  I am probably just not as smart as the rest of you guys.  

No, you're absolutely right. The whole conversation is confusing. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

10 minutes ago, markus544 said:

What's the big deal with steam anyway?..   

Yeah. Much larger potential audience. Like the difference between offering your book only at the local bookstore compared to offering your book on Amazon kinda difference. Just having your book on Amazon doesn't mean anyone is going to see it. That's where Slitherine comes into play. They get you noticed.........It's what they do.

22 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. Much larger potential audience. Like the difference between offering your book only at the local bookstore compared to offering your book on Amazon kinda difference. Just having your book on Amazon doesn't mean anyone is going to see it. That's where Slitherine comes into play. They get you noticed.........It's what they do.

I'd say what gets you guys noticed is the youtube videos made by Josey Wales, Hapless, and others. People out there interested in WW2 watch historical videos by Mark Felton, TIK, Military History Visualised, etc, and then Youtube algorithm recommends a CM video.