Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

31 minutes ago, markus544 said:

Is that code for what?  I should mind my own business...Inside baseball kinda deal

I was only joking with you. It's internet speak for "read the f****** manual". The credits page of the manuals list not just the number of people but their names. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Let's pull back the curtain some and talk about the release process and I'll tell you where we are in that process. As things go along we get "Beta Builds" . These get piled onto a testers existing installation. Once we feel that everything that is going into the game is in the game an installer version is created as either a RC or FC version (release candidate and final candidate). I've seen anywhere from 1 to 5 of these. More commonly "a couple two tree" as we say in Philly. The only thing that stops these from being released is something show stopping. These are as much to test the installers as they are to test the game. Going back to CMSF1 and through every game I have seen this last phase take a day or 2 and I've seen it take a couple of weeks. Depends if any showstoppers are found. 

Thanks for that John. Great to know that you guys have approved to progress from Beta to RC... Here's hoping the verification phase for the release F&R is one of the short ones.

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Sure. Let's break tradition a bit. Let's pull back the curtain some and talk about the release process and I'll tell you where we are in that process. As things go along we get "Beta Builds" . These get piled onto a testers existing installation. Once we feel that everything that is going into the game is in the game an installer version is created as either a RC or FC version (release candidate and final candidate). I've seen anywhere from 1 to 5 of these. More commonly "a couple two tree" as we say in Philly. The only thing that stops these from being released is something show stopping. These are as much to test the installers as they are to test the game. Going back to CMSF1 and through every game I have seen this last phase take a day or 2 and I've seen it take a couple of weeks. Depends if any showstoppers are found. 

That's the process. So, where are we in that process? Ben and I were asked by HQ the other day if we felt that the next Beta build would be enough to move onto an RC version. We both said yes. I believe that when the first FC/RC version for Rome to Victory was available to test is when I first said that we were "very" close with Rome to Victory. That was when I felt comfortable saying "very". So, if anyone feels like going back through those threads it'll give you an idea of how long it was from first FC/RC to release on that title. 

Good God, just release the module, man. Enough oracle talk. 😀

Edited by Aragorn2002

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Sure. Let's break tradition a bit. Let's pull back the curtain some and talk about the release process and I'll tell you where we are in that process. As things go along we get "Beta Builds" . These get piled onto a testers existing installation. Once we feel that everything that is going into the game is in the game an installer version is created as either a RC or FC version (release candidate and final candidate). I've seen anywhere from 1 to 5 of these. More commonly "a couple two tree" as we say in Philly. The only thing that stops these from being released is something show stopping. These are as much to test the installers as they are to test the game. Going back to CMSF1 and through every game I have seen this last phase take a day or 2 and I've seen it take a couple of weeks. Depends if any showstoppers are found. 

That's the process. So, where are we in that process? Ben and I were asked by HQ the other day if we felt that the next Beta build would be enough to move onto an RC version. We both said yes. I believe that when the first FC/RC version for Rome to Victory was available to test is when I first said that we were "very" close with Rome to Victory. That was when I felt comfortable saying "very". So, if anyone feels like going back through those threads it'll give you an idea of how long it was from first FC/RC to release on that title. 

Thanks for the info, I'm always interested in behind the scenes process. Also good to know we are nearly very close. Veryish close? 

9 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

You bunch of slackers got nothing better to do? I got chores to hand out for some CMRT MODs.

YOU! Mod me a Romanian tank!

YOU! Record some George Enescu and save in 1411 bps for "music end of battle". 

YOU! Make some coffee, this is an all nighter. The wife is out of town....er..add a shot of Jameson. Thanks.

Ahum....You've been away for a couple of years, Phil. Mainly chasing women from what I've heard, so your waiting has been easy. 😀

But great to see your enthusiasm again.

12 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

You bunch of slackers got nothing better to do? I got chores to hand out for some CMRT MODs.

YOU! Mod me a Romanian tank!

YOU! Record some George Enescu and save in 1411 bps for "music end of battle". 

YOU! Make some coffee, this is an all nighter. The wife is out of town....er..add a shot of Jameson. Thanks.

Is this the great @kohlenklau of the awesome winter mods for CMRT!  Great job!  I have an install that is dedicated to your winter mods.  Gorgeous.

@Probus I accept your kind commentary on behalf of the many folks who worked on that mod with me. FREAKING FIVE AND A FREAKING HALF YEARS AGO! This F&R module is like watching an interstate highway get put in! 

51 minutes ago, Probus said:

I have an install that is dedicated to your winter mods.

I guess you are like me? You do an entire EXTRA install in Program Files (x86)? I personally found it so much easier and had the hard drive space so I figured what the hell. I have a Battlefront and a Battlefront2 folder with like ***FIVE*** CMRT installs. Stalingrad Mod, Finn Mod, Romanian Mod WIP, Winter Mod, regular. I think I was working to have a Winter Mod that could support quick battles too. The same thing for CMFI with an extra one for CMFI Africa Mod. The other games I just have the normal SINGLE install. With identifiable shortcuts on the desktop that path to the proper .exe

Do you like to mod? Do you like to write scenarios? Please PM me and we can do something!

3 hours ago, Probus said:

Is this the great @kohlenklau of the awesome winter mods for CMRT!  Great job!  I have an install that is dedicated to your winter mods.  Gorgeous.

That winter mod helped me through some long gaming years. Kohlenklau also provided me with an autumn mod (with CM Afghanistan graphics?), which I often use. I also have a seperate winter mod install btw, so I can install Fire and Rubble without losing his mods.

Edited by Aragorn2002

29 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Hee hee...I hope @markus544didn't take offense. I was only playing around. The credits page is the best way to answer his question.

Thanks for that and no I didn't any offense.  Having been spit on by arrestees and all.  I must admit that was a knew one for me.   Thanks. I know you guys work hard on your projects and for that I am very greatfull.  Really no joking around. 

Something I just noticed in the F&R TO&E (probably discussed already, if so my apologies) is

German Support

• Self Propelled Infantry Gun Section (Heavy)
  • Self Propelled Infantry Gun Battery (Heavy)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Prinz Eugen)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Emden)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Leipzig)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936A)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936B)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936C)

A bit of naval support should be fun if you're on the right side of it.  So far I've used it to great effect in Sicily, and suffered badly from it in Normandy.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:48 PM, Vacilllator said:

Something I just noticed in the F&R TO&E (probably discussed already, if so my apologies) is

German Support

• Self Propelled Infantry Gun Section (Heavy)
  • Self Propelled Infantry Gun Battery (Heavy)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Prinz Eugen)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Emden)
  • Heavy Cruiser Battery (Leipzig)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936A)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936B)
  • Destroyer Battery (1936C)

A bit of naval support should be fun if you're on the right side of it.  So far I've used it to great effect in Sicily, and suffered badly from it in Normandy.

Very interesting!

Though I wonder why they classified Emden and Leipzig as heavy cruisers... which they weren't, of course, being armed with 15cm guns.

13 minutes ago, Amedeo said:

I wonder why they classified Emden and Leipzig as heavy cruisers... which they weren't, of course, being armed with 15cm guns.

You make a good point. 

Not knowing so much about their actions it seems Leipzig was a bit more active in the last days?