Pre-orders for Fire and Rubble are now open!!

BFCElvis

2 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I'd be in favor of releasing it yesterday.  ;)

Time sure does fly...  I could have sworn today was St. Patrick's day.  Luckily Battlefront won't have to worry about insulting anyone by releasing a game on a minor holiday.  But then, I probably just insulted someone for calling St. Patrick's day a minor holiday...

I have a question for the bosses... I know that BF is a smaller company, but simply out of pure curiosity how big and how small?  Just very interested on a number range... My retired cop mind is naturally inquisitive.

Spelling was never my strong suite..Thank god for spell check.

Edited by markus544

4 hours ago, Jumpete said:

I hope that BFCElvis bring us some update of the development, not a release date but some info about how is the work status.

Sure. Let's break tradition a bit. Let's pull back the curtain some and talk about the release process and I'll tell you where we are in that process. As things go along we get "Beta Builds" . These get piled onto a testers existing installation. Once we feel that everything that is going into the game is in the game an installer version is created as either a RC or FC version (release candidate and final candidate). I've seen anywhere from 1 to 5 of these. More commonly "a couple two tree" as we say in Philly. The only thing that stops these from being released is something show stopping. These are as much to test the installers as they are to test the game. Going back to CMSF1 and through every game I have seen this last phase take a day or 2 and I've seen it take a couple of weeks. Depends if any showstoppers are found. 

That's the process. So, where are we in that process? Ben and I were asked by HQ the other day if we felt that the next Beta build would be enough to move onto an RC version. We both said yes. I believe that when the first FC/RC version for Rome to Victory was available to test is when I first said that we were "very" close with Rome to Victory. That was when I felt comfortable saying "very". So, if anyone feels like going back through those threads it'll give you an idea of how long it was from first FC/RC to release on that title. 

4 hours ago, markus544 said:

I have a question for the bosses... I know that BF is a smaller company, but simply out of pure curiosity how big and how small?  Just very interested on a number range... My retired cop mind is naturally inquisitive.

Spelling was never my strong suite..Thank god for spell check.

RTFM 🙂 

20 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Sure. Let's break tradition a bit. Let's pull back the curtain some and talk about the release process and I'll tell you where we are in that process. As things go along we get "Beta Builds" . These get piled onto a testers existing installation. Once we feel that everything that is going into the game is in the game an installer version is created as either a RC or FC version (release candidate and final candidate). I've seen anywhere from 1 to 5 of these. More commonly "a couple two tree" as we say in Philly. The only thing that stops these from being released is something show stopping. These are as much to test the installers as they are to test the game. Going back to CMSF1 and through every game I have seen this last phase take a day or 2 and I've seen it take a couple of weeks. Depends if any showstoppers are found. 

That's the process. So, where are we in that process? Ben and I were asked by HQ the other day if we felt that the next Beta build would be enough to move onto an RC version. We both said yes. I believe that when the first FC/RC version for Rome to Victory was available to test is when I first said that we were "very" close with Rome to Victory. That was when I felt comfortable saying "very". So, if anyone feels like going back through those threads it'll give you an idea of how long it was from first FC/RC to release on that title. 

I don't want to alarm anyone but the last time this man said very in that RTV thread it released on the same day. ITS GOING TO BE TOMORROW (MAYBE).

13 minutes ago, AttorneyAtWar said:

I don't want to alarm anyone but the last time this man said very in that RTV thread it released on the same day. ITS GOING TO BE TOMORROW (MAYBE).

Really? When I was writing that up I almost said that I remember one of the releases was hours, not days or weeks.  But I couldn't recall if it really went down that way or if it just my perception. I guess it really did go down that way.

4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Really? When I was writing that up I almost said that I remember one of the releases was hours, not days or weeks.  But I couldn't recall if it really went down that way or if it just my perception. I guess it really did go down that way.

So it could be tomorrow then? 

If not that's fine, I'm already busy at Studienka, and in the bocage, and on the Cherbourg peninsula, and have another Normandy battle to fit in.  Apologies to anyone who I'm letting down with my slow play 😉.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

I believe that when the first FC/RC version for Rome to Victory was available to test is when I first said that we were "very" close with Rome to Victory. That was when I felt comfortable saying "very". So, if anyone feels like going back through those threads it'll give you an idea of how long it was from first FC/RC to release on that title. 

As far as I can deduct from the Elvis Oracle´s utterings back then, that first "very" was six days before release.

53 minutes ago, AttorneyAtWar said:

Alas, I think the one you are referring to is not a "very", but a "very, very" 😉

You bunch of slackers got nothing better to do? I got chores to hand out for some CMRT MODs.

YOU! Mod me a Romanian tank!

YOU! Record some George Enescu and save in 1411 bps for "music end of battle". 

YOU! Make some coffee, this is an all nighter. The wife is out of town....er..add a shot of Jameson. Thanks.