Combat Mission Professional

7 hours ago, dbsapp said:

So they mean that the previous 20 years we've been playing unprofessional version for amateurs?

Definitely for amateurs. Unless there's a CM e-Sports scene that's gone under my radar! Please let there be a CM e-sports scene. With maybe some defence industry funding for prize money... :)

1 hour ago, womble said:

Definitely for amateurs. Unless there's a CM e-Sports scene that's gone under my radar! Please let there be a CM e-sports scene. With maybe some defence industry funding for prize money... :)

hhmmm. Maybe. But you know what the first rule of ‘Fight Club’ is…?

21 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I suspect it is the British Army's version of Combat Mission which Steve announced as something that BFC had been working on as part of a British Ministry of Defence contract over the last couple of years.  If you want it apply here:

Home - British Army Jobs (mod.uk)

No thanks 19 years was enough.

All sounds perfectly reasonable to be using CM Pro to model confronting HM enemies, got to be more fun than extracting data from the RARDE wargame for use as base scenarios back in the 80s was. What does concern me a touch is the rest of the Pro catalogue. Kind of hoping that nobody is making heavy use of 'Nuclear War Simulator: Professional Edition, especially not in, say, Tehran, or Pyonyang or anywhere really...

Edited by cyrano01
Can't type

2 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Isn't the 1 x 1 meter resolution already in the game...I seem to recall that this has been stated before...that the grids are 8 x 8 meters but the actual resolution already is 1 x 1 meter...

Am i wrong here ? 😎

I hope youre wrong but youre probably right.

11 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

To me...This statement looks the most intresting i think...😎

"Add new equipment or modify the capabilities of any item in a database from WWII to the modern era"

yeah I had asked this when I saw it mentioned for CMCW. It's the same thing we are used to.. ;)

On 8/8/2021 at 12:24 AM, Glubokii Boy said:

Isn't the 1 x 1 meter resolution already in the game...I seem to recall that this has been stated before...that the grids are 8 x 8 meters but the actual resolution already is 1 x 1 meter...

Am i wrong here ? 😎

No, you're correct. The game currently calculates in 1x1m squares, but we can only issue orders in 8x8m.

The only new feature on the list seems to be the ability to change and add military equipment, which basically means it's a Combat Mission that's modable. And with a few features to import/export statistics after a battle.