Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

14 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Winchester Defender 12 gauge 7 shots was mine. Still regret I had to sell it, because of some idiot in Tasmania. That one had an open choke so inside building only. Far more effective than a 9mm pistol bullet. My neighbors are a nice bunch of younger men with Harleys, they always take care of my place if I am away. 

Fair dinkum. Good neighbours are worth their weight in CM Modules.

8 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

When we sit down and figure out what products we are going to do, we think about the balance between customer demand and how much it will take to make.  A game that appeals to 50% of our customer base, but takes 8 months to do, may win out over a game that appeals to 50% with a 2 year development time.  Then again, if the quicker game doesn't overlap much with any other product we make, but the longer one is the beginning of something bigger, then who knows... maybe we go with the much longer development time.  It all depends on the details!  Which, again, is why something like speculative preorders or Kickstarter aren't likely to change the equation at all.

Now where would a CM Korea fall in that analysis?

On 4/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, BFCElvis said:

Because we have seen that those will be more popular and a better use of our resources.

That is why I havent gotten upset about the Fire & Rubble delay. You guys do what you have to do to stay in business but I have to say this long wait for the Fire & Rubble module is brutal.

20 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

That is why I havent gotten upset about the Fire & Rubble delay. You guys do what you have to do to stay in business but I have to say this long wait for the Fire & Rubble module is brutal.

It's only been a couple years, what's a couple more weeks? :)

9 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

When we sit down and figure out what products we are going to do, we think about the balance between customer demand and how much it will take to make. 

If Battlefront released modules for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT containing tanks and other vehicles from 1939 to 1944 and the different uniforms used by the involved countries for that time, there would maybe not be any need to release a Blitzkrieg, an Afrika and a Barbarossa game as those who'd like to could make scenarios and campaigns using the vehicles and uniforms from those modules.

Edited by BornGinger

12 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Each to his own of course, but I don't entirely understand people's fascination with the Volkssturm. 🙂 Badly armed, badly trained, often badly led, they fought with great courage, but for me not very appealing, although perhaps somewhat useful for flank protection and such.

For me FR is all about Volksgrenadiere, Fallschirmjäger and Waffen SS. 

I can agree that the idea of poorly armed militia isn't as interesting to many people, but for me, I don't know honestly. Maybe its the fact that the fighting forces of Germany have been reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel to drag anyone that could hold a rifle into battle. A very stark contrast to the Panzer-grenadiers that were fighting on the frontline only a year prior.

Also, I really like how the ones modelled in the screenshots have nothing more than suits and hats, it shows how underequipped they were against such a greater equipped and motivated foe. I would be doubly surprised if they even managed to code in some wearing helmets with their business suits.

20 minutes ago, Kiukkumöykky said:

I can agree that the idea of poorly armed militia isn't as interesting to many people, but for me, I don't know honestly. Maybe its the fact that the fighting forces of Germany have been reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel to drag anyone that could hold a rifle into battle. A very stark contrast to the Panzer-grenadiers that were fighting on the frontline only a year prior.

Also, I really like how the ones modelled in the screenshots have nothing more than suits and hats, it shows how underequipped they were against such a greater equipped and motivated foe. I would be doubly surprised if they even managed to code in some wearing helmets with their business suits.

Holding out as partisans/volksturm is one of the parts I'm most excited about.

18 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

but you did not forsee that in 2007, agreed?

Correct.  We saw the exact opposite.  Up until then our experience had been CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK.  Simplistic artwork, simplistic maps, simplistic mission parameters, simplistic forces, no AI Player to mess with, etc.  It took about 2 years to cover an entire front and so we didn't anticipate that it could take so long to do fairly small slices with the much more detailed, rich CM2 environment.  Then we thought it would get easier as we went along, which it did... but not necessarily faster.

17 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

The German for shotgun is "die Schrotbϋchse " will be interesting how many Volkssturm will be armed with a shotgun. 

Sorry to say, zero.  VS are armed with a variety of automatics, rifles, and pistols.  There's even some that have no small arm at all.  But no shotguns.  Officially they weren't issued (they're almost useless for combat), though no doubt some did find their way onto the battlefield along with rocks, pointy sticks, and really harsh words about the mothers of the Soviet soldiers ;)

Steve

6 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct.  We saw the exact opposite.  Up until then our experience had been CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK.  Simplistic artwork, simplistic maps, simplistic mission parameters, simplistic forces, no AI Player to mess with, etc.  It took about 2 years to cover an entire front and so we didn't anticipate that it could take so long to do fairly small slices with the much more detailed, rich CM2 environment.  Then we thought it would get easier as we went along, which it did... but not necessarily faster.

Sorry to say, zero.  VS are armed with a variety of automatics, rifles, and pistols.  There's even some that have no small arm at all.  But no shotguns.  Officially they weren't issued (they're almost useless for combat), though no doubt some did find their way onto the battlefield along with rocks, pointy sticks, and really harsh words about the mothers of the Soviet soldiers ;)

Steve

Might have already been touched on, but will we see any VS Weaponry made end of the war? Volkssturm gewehr, Volkssturm karabiner, etc?

29 minutes ago, Dlw said:

Might have already been touched on, but will we see any VS Weaponry made end of the war? Volkssturm gewehr, Volkssturm karabiner, etc?

The MP507 Volksgewehr is mentioned in the TO&E section of FR, I am not so sure about the other ones however. Hopefully we will be able to see more crazy weapons used by the VS.

Here's all the small arms available to Volkssturm:

Rifles

Kar98k
Mosin Nagant G256R
Mannlicher G209I
Enfield G281E

SMGs (and Sturmgewher)

MP507
MP3008 (variant 1)
MP3008 (variant 2)
MP3008 (variant 3)
MP40
MP44

Machineguns

MG15
MG34 (LMG and HMG)
MG42 (LMG and HMG)

Pistols

Tokarev 615R
Nagant 612R
Beretta 671I
Browning 640B
P38

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Here's all the small arms available to Volkssturm:

Rifles

Kar98k
Mosin Nagant G256R
Mannlicher G209I
Enfield G281E

SMGs (and Sturmgewher)

MP507
MP3008 (variant 1)
MP3008 (variant 2)
MP3008 (variant 3)
MP40
MP44

Machineguns

MG15
MG34 (LMG and HMG)
MG42 (LMG and HMG)

Pistols

Tokarev 615R
Nagant 612R
Beretta 671I
Browning 640B
P38

Very nice! Thanks Steve.

51 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

In some cases the end of the friendship.

Ah, I see. Well at that point some may question the quality of said friendship, for true friendship transcends time. But, I totally get your beef, the damn things been in the making forever, let's go already.

1 hour ago, purpheart23 said:

Ah, I see. Well at that point some may question the quality of said friendship, for true friendship transcends time. But, I totally get your beef, the damn things been in the making forever, let's go already.

I will always remain a dedicated fan of BFC, that hasn't changed. But the long wait inflicted quite some damage on our 'friendship'. But as soon as I have FR in my greedy (almost wrote that with a 'c') hands I'm willing to forgive and forget. 😉

FR: Christmas is gone, and my birthday was yesterday and no FR. If you say something some people think that us customers should be involved in testing and scenario design. Some of us just want to be customers and I won't bother people with my creations which are extremely modest. I still look forward to Fire & Rubble, but I have learned not to hold my breath. 

Volkssturm weapons were really varied, but documents are hard to come by. The Volkssturm around Bautzen for example used French Berthier rifles, Italian impact grenades, Panzerfausts and 4 MG34s in each company.

Some of the weirder stuff I have come across were rare Russian rifle grenade launchers and SVT40s, in use by a tank hunting unit.