Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

2 hours ago, Kiukkumöykky said:

"n-now Arthur, I told you we had a plan. We can't just run off back to our homes! We got to sit in these foxholes here and shoot our panzerfausts into the closest tank when the soviets attack. I swear after we win this war the whole company will visit to Tahiti!"

Tell me, where the hell is our money? Berlin is full of Pinkertons red army right now

40 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Here is a picture two on the upper arm and one on the lower arm.

volkssturm.jpg 

Yeah I did an image search before I posted.. It seems the armband was supposed to be on the upper arm but sometimes slipped down.

BFC, please fix this or sumthin. I don't care if you need to delay the game another year.

There's not too many good pictures of Volkssturm for pretty obvious reasons.  The pictures that are out there often show them with no armbands at all!  Even some that appear to be field shots vs. training or captured shots.  That said, the armbands really should be above the elbow.  I can make sure that happens without delaying the game's release ;)

The_British_Army_in_North-west_Europe_1944-45_BU2810.jpg

76483-454546.jpg

16 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

There's not too many good pictures of Volkssturm for pretty obvious reasons.  The pictures that are out there often show them with no armbands at all!  Even some that appear to be field shots vs. training or captured shots.  That said, the armbands really should be above the elbow.  I can make sure that happens without delaying the game's release ;)

The_British_Army_in_North-west_Europe_1944-45_BU2810.jpg

76483-454546.jpg

Also differents models ! ! !

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J28021,_16_-_J%C3%

...Steve, you have to introduce cigarette butt or the pipe and the glasses to make it more real 😆

Edited by JM Stuff

28 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

No worries we don't get the Salvation Army 🤗

26 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank God for that...🙂

my god we have been waiting so long for this release, leave a smile to finalize it on your desktop,
... imminent exit believe me, and I dont take part of all this talk since longgggtime ago... I just, feel it !!...

14 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

@akdwell, we are seeing same kind  of documents...what I'm talking about it is about the purpouse of the paper you are showing, which is to obtain the required ammo in "units of issue" of the division and in contrast to the situation of "Ordance do not have this kind of ammo...so the division/gruppe should handle it by itself..." (similar to the VS with they scarce and rare italian rifle ammo supplies but with the avantage that your enemy got lots of the ammunition you need)...so, if you will not be alloted any "units of issue" , you do not report it on the weapons return...it is worthless to do it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but if you are saying beutewaffen are only tracked if using standard German ammunition, that is clearly wrong.  All holdings of weapons were tracked and reported, and higher HQ quatermasters tracked both total numbers on hand and ammunition available.  Here is just one example from Pz.AOK 3 files:

0161.thumb.jpg.1722189f7879bf625fff070e60d27676.jpg

0162.thumb.jpg.59ca44440b3efd0b6bda399feefc1ff9.jpg

Note, XXVIII A.K. had a total holding of 52 Russian SMGs using 7.62 (r) M.P. ammunition.  We could then dig down into the individual kriegsgliederung for each unit where available and see where they were held.

Edited by akd

@akd...SUPERB!!!...I was always looking for the 7.63mm mausser supplies cause it was compatible...that german efficiency was atounishing (pitty of its evil use)...how that paper was called?...out of curiosity, and maybe I'm asking too much...did you found any 85mm (for example 25 Pz Div was reported with some 2 platoons of t34/85 on early March 45)?..and any beute tank listed on an I.D.?

11 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

I'm dusting off my memory here, but by 1944 I'm pretty sure that both the MP34 and MP35 were relegated to rear units, Einsatzkommando, concentration camp guards, police units, and other non-Waffen SS non-frontline formations within the SS.  They also were sold off to Spain and Portugal in significant numbers.  Apparently to some other countries in smaller quantities.

Steve

This is difficult to answer for Waffen SS as their kriegsgliederung returns were often less detailed, usually just reporting totals for "M.Pi.".  There are a few exceptions, however, e.g. 5. SS Pz. Div. "Wiking" on Jan. 1, 1945:

628514808_5_SSPz.1.1_45.jpg.68d9fb64b142653d756c2811d789b7e8.jpg

The American M.P. and M.G. are interesting.

Edited by akd

12 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

I'm dusting off my memory here, but by 1944 I'm pretty sure that both the MP34 and MP35 were relegated to rear units, Einsatzkommando, concentration camp guards, police units, and other non-Waffen SS non-frontline formations within the SS.  They also were sold off to Spain and Portugal in significant numbers.  Apparently to some other countries in smaller quantities.

Steve

I have two sources on the MP35

Chamberlain says

In 1934 production started in Germany of the MP34/1 which was produced for export in a number of calibers, but the main production model was the MP35/1 produced for the Waffen SS by Junker und Ruh AG at Karlsruhe.  About 40000 had been made by the time production ended in 1945 and the entire output was delivered to the SS.

The MP34/1 was produced for such countries as Ethiopia, and the type was also adopted for Danish army use.  A small batch was delivered to the German Police, but total production did not exceed 2000.

Ian Hogg says

The production weapon, taken into use by the German police in the first instance, was the MP34.  The MP34 was in production for about a year, something like 2000 being made, and in mid 1935 a small number of changes were made in order to simplify production.  This revised model was known as the MP35.  In subsequent years these guns were sold in fair numbers to Spain, Sweden, Poland, and Ethiopia.  In 1940 the Waffen SS adopted the weapon as their standard sub-machine gun, and from then on the entire production (which was now contracted out once more, this time to Junker and Ruh, leaving Walther to get on with more important things) went on to the Waffen SS units.  It appears to have been mostly used on the Eastern Front and the few MP35 specimens which appear in the West generally have SS runes engraved upon them.

So I think it’s safe to assume that all the parts about export and police are references to the MP34 (no Poland to export to after 1939 obviously) and that it’s probably fair to say that the SMG used by the Waffen SS in front line units would be the MP35 at least through 1943 and perhaps early in 1944.  Incidentally the MP Erma was apparently the standard SMG used by the SS Charlemagne division, SS Latvian volunteers, and the Nederland with Charlemagne using it all the way up to the battle of Berlin.  The entire production of the Kutometna Pistole ZK vz383 was used by the Waffen SS as well which apparently 35000 were produced as best I can tell but I don't know who was using it specifically.  Anyway, as far as Fire and Rubble is concerned just an academic discussion, but perhaps if a future East Front module might be planned then maybe something could be done there if the resources could be spared.   

Incidentally there was also an MP34o (for Austria) but that was the Solothurn S1-100 and it was used by the German Police as well as being sold worldwide in large numbers.  It was the standard SMG for the Austrian army and police but the Germans left it chambered for the 9mm Mauser instead of the 9mm parabellum.

Looking for some info on when was ordered as compulsory to report the captured small arms  i did found this...

Re: capture of loot

The area of loot capture and exploitation is of the utmost importance for the Kommande Zeit. The weapon situation makes it imperative that we use every opportunity we can to supply the troops with looted weapons.

I therefore order:

1) All command authorities, troop units and service units must do their utmost to capture the booty. Every weapon and war device of all kinds that is recovered helps us in the further struggle.
It is important that every soldier be permeated with this thought. All officers, especially the NSFO, have to take up this idea immediately, and pass it on to the troops
It is not enough just to collect and report the booty, but the booty must be recorded, used or immediately sent to the troops' repair facilities or the nearest military equipment offices
2) The divisions form loot collection commands from the vehicle companies edor available soldiers of the supply troops, who can be used for small tasks within the framework of their division if necessary
It must be ensured that no prey weapons and devices are left in the division section.
If the division is unable to pick up and deport the booty, the army must ensure that it is deported.
3) If necessary, the Army Group will also be able to provide the armies with loot capture commands. Requirements are to be met by H.Gr.Weichsel O.Qu. to judge.
4) To give the soldiers an incentive to capture the booty, I set the following prices for cigarettes.

Depending on the stock situation, 3 cigars can be issued for 10 cigarettes or 1 bottle of spirits for 30 cigarettes.

The sutler's goods are not to be issued for reported booty, but for booty actually delivered.

The armies and immediately subordinate units report 10 days, for the first time on February 25, 1945, to H.Gr. the captured prey, separated by
a) booty posted with the troops and
b) pushed prey

Drawn in the draft:

Issued by "Der Oberfehlshaber der H.Gr.Weichsel" his highness H.Himmler himself on the 8th of March 1945 ... pitty I didnt find the table with the "Prices an cigarettes" on an editable form ...

...so we need cigarrettes ...

Edited by Dan Dare

A question about F&R buildings for @BFCElvis(or perhaps Steve):

Will the buildings available for Germany maps be the same as the ones in Germany maps in CMFB? And will the F&R have the "other" category of independent buildings - as CMBN and CMFB have?

Or could we perhaps even get a bit of "building bones"? 😉