Fire and Rubble

BFCElvis

😁

2 hours ago, HUSKER2142 said:

The beginning of the storming of Berlin on April 23, 1945. Probably it is worth waiting for the release on April 23, but this is my personal opinion. 

I don't totally agree with you!
we should wait until April 23, 2025, 80th anniversary of the battle, it will be better !!

Edited by Falaise

We're still on track for being "soon" (note I did not say "very" ), but let me give you an example of why it takes soooooo long to get a release out to you.

We're in Final Candidate stage.  Our awesome testers, as always, have been pounding on it looking for goofs.  They found a few more minor details that needed fixing, so they got fixed.  Just before creating a new build to test someone found a Waffen SS option that produced Heer uniforms.  Charles and I are both looking into this as neither one of us can figure it out.  I'm waiting on him right now, so it's safe for me to spend time typing :)  It's the sort of problem which could indicate a larger issue that hasn't yet been noted elsewhere.  But until we do, no new build for the testers. 

This specific issue will only hold things up for a few hours at most, so not a big deal in and of itself, but we do have to fix it now.  We never knowingly ship with a known and glaring error that will be seen and complained about pretty much straight away.

Steve

So, what is it with you guys who complain that there aren’t enough bones or information given out, but when Steve and Elvis are all over it with posting after posting, with eye candy and explanations what’s going on(!) and yet you complain about the release being “late”?  

Sorry, I just don’t get it (and it is exactly the main reason BFC has given for not giving us deadlines). Complaining about one or the other I understand, but both??

Forgot to add: Rant Over, and I love all yuose guys anyways!

Edited by mjkerner

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We never knowingly ship with a known and glaring error that will be seen and complained about pretty much straight away.

I agree, but 'we all have to fight' no matter the uniform 😉.  If you don't look too closely it's not a problem.

3 hours ago, Jace11 said:

Is it related to this, which I reported 2 years ago? It’s still present in Final Blitzkreig today despite several patches since.

You win a prize :)  Yes, it's the same bug.  In fact, it's the same formation!  For some reason this never got the attention it should have.  Most likely because it only happens in Quick Battles, only with Waffen SS, only with this one Formation, only in non-winter (I think), and only with the least used of the three Platoon options (Dismounted).  Yup, VERY obscure.

The problem was caused by some very ancient coding around a unique situation found in CMSF1.  Meaning, this code has been active since about 2006 and never once used since then.  At least not on purpose!

It took Charles and me a combined FIVE HOURS to track down this problem.  At this stage of CM2 development, that's a very unusual situation.  But nobody should send you hate messages because we were already debugging this when you posted ;)

Steve

16 hours ago, mjkerner said:

So, what is it with you guys who complain that there aren’t enough bones or information given out, but when Steve and Elvis are all over it with posting after posting, with eye candy and explanations what’s going on(!) and yet you complain about the release being “late”?  

Sorry, I just don’t get it (and it is exactly the main reason BFC has given for not giving us deadlines). Complaining about one or the other I understand, but both??

Forgot to add: Rant Over, and I love all yuose guys anyways!

😴

20 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Complaining about one or the other I understand, but both?

To be fair, although I agree the schizophrenia is a little annoying, we have a situation where a bug first reported four years ago appears to have been not important enough to have been fixed... but was important enough to (slightly) delay a major module release.

No matter how you cut it, there are problems with how bug reporting (and acknowledgement of said reporting) is taking place... a problem which then exacerbates other communication issues between BFC & some of its customers.

What disturbs me most is not the fact that bugs are found, but that they are found in this final stage. It's of course in itself a good thing that bugs are ironed out, but we are talking final release. 

The good news is that it can't be long now. Almost unbelievable....

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

To be fair, although I agree the schizophrenia is a little annoying, we have a situation where a bug first reported four years ago appears to have been not important enough to have been fixed... but was important enough to (slightly) delay a major module release.

No matter how you cut it, there are problems with how bug reporting (and acknowledgement of said reporting) is taking place... a problem which then exacerbates other communication issues between BFC & some of its customers.

I absolutely agree - and I've been attacked for suggesting a simple public bug tracker that even mod teams manage, to avoid issues like this. See the thread linked below. 

For personal experience, I've reported a LAV-25-AT bug three times since the latest SF2 patch, with no acknowledgement from any beta testers of BF staff. Your only hope is to try and hope that a beta tester feels your bug is important enough and has enough time to file a bug report, or that a member of the staff sees it directly for any chance of it being fixed.  And there are many other bugs posted regularly, like the one mentioned with the uniforms that never go anywhere.