Gustav Line- PREORDERS and new Screenshots!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bil,

Sounds great. Of course, I'm learning something set in Normandy. Am very excited, though that smaller caliber AA cannon are in. Infantry eaters! Lighting looks wonderful!

Markus86,

Talk about point blank engagement range. Any shorter, and it'll be a pole charge!

Holien,

Where, oh where, have you been hiding? Was afraid you were gone forever, claimed by Real Lifeâ„¢ or some such! I still remember the thrashing you gave me at Ranville. BTW, do you happen to have the AARs and PWs for that or any of the games in that ROW. Ted's looking for them, and I thought my AAr for our battle was pretty good.

Regards,

John Kettler

Now that I think about it, will AA guns also be included in the Market Garden module?

I am wondering, because that would mean some TOEs already in the base game would have to be changed to include them and that might cause inconsistencies with older scenarios.

Your mods and rambler's weapon skins, what more could anyone want?:)

Tanks a Lot´s great building mods. Then I´d be more or less satisfied, I guess. ;)

But with four different seasons in CMGL and vehicle skins apparently changing with them, I am afraid there´s going to be a lot of work for poor Aris (if he wants to do all the vehicles, anyway).

What is the vehicle in #9? Is that a 37mm with a pair of 50s below it?

That is an M15A1 AA halftrack, and yes it's got a 37mm autocannon with a pair of .50 cals. It's quite neat to watch it engage vehicles with the 37mm, then switch over automatically to the twin .50 cals to engage infantry in the open.

Bil,

Holien,

Where, oh where, have you been hiding? Was afraid you were gone forever, claimed by Real Lifeâ„¢ or some such! I still remember the thrashing you gave me at Ranville. BTW, do you happen to have the AARs and PWs for that or any of the games in that ROW. Ted's looking for them, and I thought my AAr for our battle was pretty good.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sorry long ago discarded when new PC's have been and gone. 2001 - 2004 / 2005 a life time ago.

I have a brief text AAR of mine from 2001 on Ranville.

Also a selection of AAR's from 2005.

Shows how good this game system is that we are still around after all this time...

;)

Mind you my wrists are not as good as they used to be.....

The trouble is I am on PC all day and then again at night getting my CMBN fix....

Not good for me....

Glad you are on the mend...

Send me a PM with your e-mail and I can e-mail what little I have...

Is that a 37mm with a pair of 50s below it?

I actually sat in the seat of one of those gun mounts a few years ago, even got to traverse the handcrank. It was a gate guardian outside a VFW post overlooking the Canadian border at the tippy-top of the state of Maine. :)

It's quite neat to watch it engage vehicles with the 37mm, then switch over automatically to the twin .50 cals to engage infantry in the open.

Wait "switch over". Do you mean it fire either the 37mm or the .50 cals not both at the same time. This is a weapons system I had not seen before.

I am going to suggest that a fun QB to play with someone would be a mirror of attacker: infantry only, defender: AA guns only just so both sides can see these things in action.

Wait "switch over". Do you mean it fire either the 37mm or the .50 cals not both at the same time. This is a weapons system I had not seen before.

It doesn't fire both at the same time, but selects which weapon to use based on the target.

It isn't needed either; whatever it's hitting is already either having a bad day or has heavy enough armor to shrug all of it off anyways, and adding the second weapon to those hits will just be a waste of ammo.