How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

More news on the Economic front:

RCB taking more measures to strengthen its position. Buying gold seems to be a knee jerk move tough, tips off how weak they feel their hand is. In a time of almost certain inflation I would expect the reverse transaction, selling gold to withdraw excess Rubles. 

Now the fight is on for Nord Stream 1. This I suspect the Germans will fight for dearly. At least until summer. 

And a testament to Zelensky's popularity. I can't recall the last time I've read about such a fantastic wartime leader. Maybe FDR and Churchill? 

As callus as it may sound, I wonder if the economic repercussions will end up hurting more people than the combat itself. 

Edited by BeondTheGrave

7 minutes ago, panzermartin said:

I agree about the xenophobic part. Russia has suffered far more from the West than vice versa. But we fail to grasp that because we are too used in living in a Anglo-Saxon universe. I mean last time, it was almost yesterday, when they lost 27 million people to the Nazis and had their country in ruins. Part of the reason they attempted this shocking invasion, was plain fear. 

Well they should seek out therapy if the common way of dealing with their fear is a large scale invasion of a neighbouring country because that fear issue seems to pop up a lot throughout Putins eternal term as leader of glorious new pacifist russia.

Edited by Kraft

12 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

It's correct that the Soviet-Russian soldiers managed to reach Berlin and other parts of Germany. But I watched a documentary about the war in which Soviet veterans, now old geezers, talked about how they despised the Soviet-Russian generals (and Soviet-Ukrainian generals too) for how they used the common soldier as their chess pieces so they could send a successful report to the Stavka.

In the Chechnya war in the '90s the Russian generals used the same tactics when they tried to storm Groznyi, the capital of Chechnya, with the result of many dead and wounded Russian soldiers. If I remember correctly they assaulted Groznyi twice or three times with great losses.

I don't know much about the Soviet tactics in the Afghan war, but it was probably the same kind of assaults used in that war. When I lived in Estonia in the late '90s early 21 century I talked to some veterans from that war and they were almost always talking badly about their officers.

So, yes, they got results but I don't think they have a good reason to be really proud about the tactics used.

So it doesn't surprise me if they use the same Soviet-type tactics today.

There is always the fact that it took the Soviet Union 2 Years plus to push the Germans back to Berlin -  Retaking what the Germans had taken in a few months in 1941/1942  - while the Germans were fighting a 2-3 Front War .  I think the Russian invincibility in WW2  has been massively overstated myself . They had numbers and  resources and time  . All of which the  Germans were running out of .

17 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

With 16 ships now cut off in the Mediterranean I'm curious there response to Turkey 

Time to take Kaliningrad. Oh wait, that will never happen because NATO actually isn’t insane and this is all some grade-A BS.

Edited by akd

2 hours ago, BeondTheGrave said:

Since were getting a lot of official Battlefront accounts posting in this thread, can we get an official comment: Will economic warfare be included in the next module? Will I be able to wage a ForEx war with my pixelaccountants? Steve? Elvis? 

Youre right to be nervous. Weve reached 'kitchen sink' territory. It all could be over by the time we wake up tomorrow. 

Probably not, since CM missions have a timeframe of 2-3 hours, at the most. Even the longest campaigns are only days in length.

Word to the wise as I've already seen comments recommending. No matter where you are, especially in a NATO country if you've not done any prepping for a cyber attack that takes down power grids you need to get to it. If youv'e not already exercised your 2nd amendment right I suggest that too. All these world leaders are controlled by bankers, and mega corporations. If you do not know who Klaus Schwab, head of The World Economic Forum, the Bilderberg Group, and Davos Group, is then it is in your interest to investigate who he is. In his arrogance he openly brags of infiltrating half of the cabinets of the world, including Canada's to name just one. You may not know of his connection to the pandemic in his book "Covid 19, and The Great Reset",and his round table war gaming of the pandemic 5 MONTHS before hand in Oct. 2019 along with The Gates Foundation which they called "Event 201". You can investigate these things for yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Schwab - Capture of democratic structures and institutions

He is now openly bragging of the possibility of a cyber attack on the power grid as a next phase of their "Great Reset". This war is convenient in the wanting to facilitate that desire. I normally do not get into these things on the forum, but I think this is important enough to post to inform especially if you have never heard of Klaus Schwab, The World Economic Forum, and the term "The Great Reset". Oh, and you may want to learn of his relationship with Putin. Prep and you will be wise. Seek and you shall find ....

Hear it from the Devil's mouth himself -

https://www.bitchute.com/video/JO0orNe6wbMN/

I wonder what old Finnish veterans from the 1939-1940 Winter War has to say about this conflict? It seems a bit that the Russian soldiers in this conflict are having the same result as the Soviet-Russian troops had in the beginning of the Winter War and that the Ukrainians are fighting with a similar "Sisu" (fighting spirit) as the Finnish soldiers had.

7 hours ago, Sarjen said:

Netherlands contribution to Ukraine is on the way.

grafik.thumb.png.6a5389466f6ca2caac0f9dde4a61d5e0.png

Sarjen,

If I'm reading this correctly, the Netherlands is sending 50 Panzerfaust 3 launchers with 400 rockets (8 rounds per launcher), 100 sniper rifles (and 30,000 rounds of ammo for them--so much sniping!) and 200 Stingers. Of these, the Stingers offer by far the greatest leverage, followed by the sniper rifles. The Panzerfaust 3 side of the equation would've been much better with 100 launchers and 4 round per launcher, but every little bit helps. There are multiple HEAT rounds for this weapon, some designed to defeat ERA equipped T-72s and T-80s frontally,  and one HEAT round can be easily reconfigured as a bunker buster.

https://www.military-today.com/firearms/panzerfaust_3.htm

Regards,

John Kettler

1 hour ago, GAZ NZ said:

I never saw a weapon on him or that he did anything aggressive but if you saw that okay 

The Ukrainian walked around the truck the Russian was clearly unable to fight  no surrender just bam

He stood there looked at the guy for 5 seconds then shot 

I was expecting him to be taken as a prisoner

Well if it makes you feel any better, I was mildly disturbed while watching the video as well, but only in the sense that I don't like to watch people die.  That should be a healthy and normal reaction.  I was hoping he would be taken prisoner as well, but he looked to be dead already by the time anyone else entered the video (as I said). 

11 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

But then again Germany didn't steal away a large part of Belgium, did not support Germans living in Belgium with weapons and disguised German soldiers, did not poison Belgian politicians and wasn't a criminal regime which killed journalists and dissidents.

Oh, so you are not going to deal with the part about how Ukraine jabbed Russia? The theft of gas alone ... in an older era would probably suffice as a casus belli.

While we talking about that "stolen part", I might point out that's actually another tort on the part of Ukraine. Remember the Minsk accords, which of course Ukraine has not implemented and of course again the West condoned the behavior? Don't tell me how "unfair" it was to Ukraine ... the truth is that countries (in fact all legal entities) sign agreements to greater or lesser degrees of duress all the time, and they are still expected to execute them. If Ukraine actually gets a break for those duress causes in the Vienna Convention of Treaties, it would be the first time this was actually allowed in practice.

Let's not go the China route of "I can declare a treaty 'unfair' and thus it does not apply to me" stuff.

You can in no way compare Putin's aggression with the German invasion of Belgium in 1914. Germany knew war was only a matter of time and also knew it would be a two-front war (it turned out that even that was optimistic). It tried to push France out of the war, before the Russians would invade Eastern Prussia, which didn't succeed. An ENTIRELY different situation.

Wow, so Germany believed it faced a national security crisis, and thus it invaded Belgium, and you can accept that with relative ease, but when Russia believes it faces a national security crisis, you don't give it any weight? Russophobic. 🙂

Let me zip it up by saying that's why I don't exactly lose my morality shirt over Russia v Ukraine. Ukraine has committed a number of acts that in an earlier age would have sufficed as casus belli. Since World War II, international law decided to formalize an immunity for nations against armed attack and I agree, Russia violated that. But it's not the same feeling as a truly blameless guy being kicked.

50 minutes ago, Vinnart said:

All these world leaders are controlled by bankers, and mega corporations. If you do not know who Klaus Schwab, head of The World Economic Forum, the Bilderberg Group, and Davos Group, is then it is in your interest to investigate who he is. In his arrogance he openly brags of infiltrating half of the cabinets of the world, including Canada's to name just one. You may not know of his connection to the pandemic in his book "Covid 19, and The Great Reset",and his round table war gaming of the pandemic 5 MONTHS before hand in Oct. 2019 along with The Gates Foundation which they called "Event 201". You can investigate these things for yourself

Dude....

Keep this conspiracy brain rot to yourself please.

I can see Steve thinking 

Everyone wants a new Cmbs module 

How do I do this, its a mess and doesn't make sense 

Mission briefing 

At at 11 am in clear daylight Drop all the newbies out of there planes 😂

Just send all newbies and vets on a straight plot movement foward in a massive wave or single unit