Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

That's the way it is in CMSF.  Sometimes even if there are passengers, one can't open up.  Other times one can.  It's very vague as to what type of passengers or how many passenger enable opening up. 

In a CMSF mission am playing right now, the Scout BMP will open up if there is an MG team as passengers, another identical BMP carrying an identical MG team will not open up.  It's all very odd and weird.

53 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

There seems to be a bug with the Vulcan. If the vehicle gets destroyed and the crew want to bail out, one crewman gets stuck in a loop and stuck in the vehicle. Getting stuck is not good, especially if your Russian step bro is approaching...

Can confirm with a M163A2.

2 men out, 1 man stuck inside. As the man inside makes attempts to get out his weapon symbol repeatedly switches between the vehicle gun symbol and a M16.

I believe that this makes the crew not being able to move away from the wreck. Bit hard to test since they are paniced, but in any case they do not follow their self-given panic movement path.

Savegame available.

Edited by Redwolf

During install, it keeps stopping at two files that it appears not to be able to locate. C:/user/gless/appdata/local/temp/7zo03BDCD.../*.brz and a similar file that appears next. I can skip them (not recommended or roll back) When I skipped them, it crashed before the start screen telling me it can't locate the above files.

Anyone have a go at this?

MT-LBU 1V14 (artillery observation vehicle).

It only works as an artillery observer when acquired inside a battalion (e.g. MRD BMP [task force]).

It does not work for fires control when the vehicle is acquired from "single vehicles".

Savegame available, but you can see it right in the editor. The single vehicle has all batteries denied. More context in this thread: 

Graphical issue:

T-72A(1980) after firing during the night, its like the camera has a spot light. Wherever I move it, at some distances all objects become very illuminated. Artificial brightness was turned on prior. I didn't try with that off. I didn't try with other tanks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Bufo

7 minutes ago, domfluff said:

^That's an engine thing, not a CW thing. It's still a bug - you can see similar behaviour with burning wrecks on a night map, with shaders on. The dynamic lighting gets brighter and brighter.

It is not happening in other CM games (at least not for me). 

And the light moves with the camera, I think you are talking about something different.

25 minutes ago, Bufo said:

Graphical issue:

T-72A(1980) after firing during the night, its like the camera has a spot light. Wherever I move it, at some distances all objects become very illuminated. Artificial brightness was turned on prior. I didn't try with that off. I didn't try with other tanks.

That is an issue in every game. It is an issue with the shaders. Turning the shaders off solves the issue. You can turn them back on the next turn.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

That is an issue in every game. It is an issue with the shaders. Turning the shaders off solves the issue. You can turn them back on the next turn.

Yes, you are right, jus tested it in CMBS. It is the same.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Kevin2k said:

I am on a roll... US infantry lower-detail models have no helmets on. In other words, you zoom out a bit and their helmets disappear. As observed with "balanced" graphics setting.

Edit: sometimes the helmet disappearance is very obvious and close, like 15 meters. Other times it is distant and harder to notice. It depends on framerate I recon.

Yup I also noticed this.