Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

18 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, it is, and occasionally a unit will lose radio contact even when stationary - it's to simulate the times when the radio is not working properly for whatever reason (out of tuning, heavy static, etc.).

Not verified by tests, but my impression is that a HQ that has been on the move are more likely to "lose" its radio, and I have always interpreted it as that it takes a little while to setup radio contact once the HQ halts in a new position.

8 hours ago, FogForever said:

So is this temporarily missing radio a bug or a feature?  If it applies to the Soviets, I would guess it should apply to the US and allies at some rate as well.

The engine isn't designed for so-called national characteristics so behaviours are global.  Any problems experienced by Soviet units equipped with radios will be experienced by NATO units equipped with radios.

Hi Devs,

I'm experiencing a recurring bug in Cold War while using the standard camera movement it will suddenly freeze at random and will remain frozen btw ~30-120 secs. Sometimes it will pick up the movement after the elapsed time and others it will simply be a CTD. It seems general rather than scenario specific. Not sure if this has been reported already but would be great to have fixed in the coming patch. Running on an iMac Pro: Big Sur 11.2.3 - w/ plenty of Ram and processor power. Otherwise great game from BF, congrats to Bil H. and The Cap't. Cheers 

In some missions at soviet army, there are no air observers, although there are planes and helicopters on the map. The new player will not understand why he cannot use aviation due to the absence of an air observer.

List of scenarios:

1) US Campaign Scenario  A Hill to Die On (Blue or H2H ONLY)

2) US Campaign Scenario  Dollbach Heights (Blue or H2H ONLY)

3) US Campaign Scenario  Route 66 (Blue or H2H ONLY)

4) US Campaign Scenario  The Citadel (Blue or H2H ONLY)

37 minutes ago, HUSKER2142 said:

In some missions at soviet army, there are no air observers, although there are planes and helicopters on the map. The new player will not understand why he cannot use aviation due to the absence of an air observer.

List of scenarios:

1) US Campaign Scenario  A Hill to Die On (Blue or H2H ONLY)

2) US Campaign Scenario  Dollbach Heights (Blue or H2H ONLY)

3) US Campaign Scenario  Route 66 (Blue or H2H ONLY)

4) US Campaign Scenario  The Citadel (Blue or H2H ONLY)

Ok, that one is on me.  The air support works in the single player campaigns but of course this will be an issue in H2H.  Will get it fixed.

25 minutes ago, z1812 said:

In the fahrbahn scenario I tried to replenish the ammunition for a Dragon team. However they could not acquire the ammunition from the M113.

Do you have a save you can post. I"ve not had this problem, if fact it's the first thing I do in that scenario, along with snagging every LAW available.

On 5/6/2021 at 2:39 AM, 111thGameBn said:

Has anyone else had the camera just randomly start spinning uncontrollably? 

Yes. I explored the problem a bit more and found it related to NVidia settings in the graphics menu. Once i set the MFAA to off i got no more spinning and lagging mouse. Using an old Geforce GTX 1070. 3D Model Quality is set to improved.

Edited by Sarjen

8 hours ago, Sarjen said:

Yes. I explored the problem a bit more and found it related to NVidia settings in the graphics menu. Once i set the MFAA to off i got no more spinning and lagging mouse. Using an old Geforce GTX 1070. 3D Model Quality is set to improved.

Or sometimes a key will "stick" (I forget how this happens).. just tap the same key in the direction of the spinning and it'll fix :)

In Fleeing Altdorf the game crashes on me at the 25 minute mark at the end of the action phase when I click to shift to orders phase. It happened pre-patch (was the second scenario I played) and I assumed the patch would fix it so I patched then opened the saved game and it did it. Thought, ok I'll start a new game with the patched version and it happened again.

On a Mac - upgraded yesterday to Big Sur 11.4

Fleeing Altdorf 001.bts

3 hours ago, liamb said:

In Fleeing Altdorf the game crashes on me at the 25 minute mark at the end of the action phase when I click to shift to orders phase. It happened pre-patch (was the second scenario I played) and I assumed the patch would fix it so I patched then opened the saved game and it did it. Thought, ok I'll start a new game with the patched version and it happened again.

On a Mac - upgraded yesterday to Big Sur 11.4

Fleeing Altdorf 001.bts 1.93 MB · 0 downloads

I can confirm that the attached savegame crashes for me on Mac, too. Simply press go. In 1.01 on Catalina.

I tried the provided save and it did crash on me just as @liamb described. Started a new game of my own and the same thing happened to me. I did not play this one myself in beta testing (busy with others). 

I have Big Sur 11.3.1

Confirmed with a PC beta tester this appears to be a Mac only issue (no idea why that would be). I've logged it in the bug reporting system.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

Not sure if bug or working as intended:

Have a BTR60PA whose gunner got zapped, maybe because the Soviet was trying to save on steel and chapped out on providing a gun shield. But that's not important right now. What I'm seeing is that although I have passengers on board the cowards refuse to man the machine gun. This cowardice must not stand!

The passengers do open up the front hatch the just don't open the big square hatch and man the machine gun. 

H

8 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

BTR60PA

If there is no option to mount or dismount for crew members passengers are not going to man, the AFV's armament. All Combat Mission games are like that. To put it differently if the options for crewmembers are abandon or bail out only the crew of an AFV can handle its weapons. Example a platoon of 5 Sherman WW2 tanks is in a fight. The green crew bails out of their tank, but the tank is intact. The HQ crew who is Elite managed to escape their tank which is on fire. The HQ crew can't man the abandoned tank of the green crew. 

4 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

The green crew bails out of their tank, but the tank is intact. The HQ crew who is Elite managed to escape their tank which is on fire. The HQ crew can't man the abandoned tank of the green crew. 

This is odd.  Didn't we recently have a discussion that the latest versions of CM2 allow different tank crews to man different tanks.  Or is that only happening with certain CM2 games?

24 minutes ago, Erwin said:

CM2 games?

Battle for Normandy I experienced that with Panther crews. Mount dismount you can use different crews with abandon or bail out you can't. I just checked in SF2 Scimitar crews can only crew their own vehicles. 

Edited by chuckdyke

Just now, Probus said:

I haven't seen it mentioned but has anyone had a problem with saving a game over another game and the new save not being saved (new .bts file not written)?

That was mentioned in the RT v2.11 Fire & Rubble possible bugs thread. It is a thing there for sure. Suppose you should just avoid saving over existing names, then clean up saves afterwards manually.

Pretty significant bug:

Whatever happened in the last patch, it seems to have given US troops and vehicle gunners IR optics instead of NV optics or something

Here is several images of M113A2 gunners destroying BTR-60s through smoke with their M2s during a game, and during a test mission i made to prove the bug exists. You can see the tracer firecoming right through the smoke in all images. I have attached a test mission so you can test it yourself.

As it stands now. Covering with smoke while playing as Soviets is completely useless and pointless.

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

smoke_test_1.btt

Edited by Stagler