Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

8 hours ago, EasyBakeOven47 said:

I noticed that I am suddenly seeing the words "NO DC" in the top left corner of my screen. And now I am noticing it in my other versions of CM too...

What does that mean?

That's an NVIDIA thing, not a CM thing.

Apparently deleting "nvdrssel.bin" from "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" will sort it, or resetting your nvidia 3d settings in the control panel. 

@The_Capt

The prices of M60 tanks are strange. In my understanding, the better / more capable of a tanks is, the more it costs.

However these are the prices:

M60A1: 288

M60A1 RISE: 305

M60A1 RISE+: 298

M60A1 RISE PASSIVE: 303

It should be increasing in value.

Also M60A3 and M60A3 TTS costs the same. Who will buy the former? It makes no sense other than role playing.

Edited by Bufo

26 minutes ago, Bufo said:

@The_Capt

The prices of M60 tanks are strange. In my understanding, the better / more capable of a tanks is, the more it costs.

Also M60A3 and M60A3 TTS costs the same. Who will buy the former? It makes no sense other than role playing.

How about the rarity price?

54 minutes ago, Bufo said:

@The_Capt

Indeed, I've noticed that as well when I did a QB after the game got released and mentioned it here:

On 5/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, QuiGon said:

In the quick battle unit editor the M60A1 Patton (RISE) is more expansive than the upgraded M60A1 Patton (RISE +) and M60A1 Patton (RISE Passive).

Observed with veteran experience, high motivation, fit fitness, 0 leadership.

17 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

It seems to be that rarity is taken in to account when the prices have been set.

My man.

In 1979 all of the tanks I have mentioned have a rarity price of zero. At other dates doesn't matter as well.

Rarity ...  does ... not ... matter ... here.

Price -> capability

Rarity -> how many were at the theatre

Even if rarity would be different, price should reflect increasing capability.

Edited by Bufo

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

@The_Capt

Ok, thanks for this. We are going to follow up.  Not sure how QB pricing is done, I expect it is an algorithm and looks like it needs a bit of tweaking.

55 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Ok, thanks for this. We are going to follow up.  Not sure how QB pricing is done, I expect it is an algorithm and looks like it needs a bit of tweaking.

Good to hear. CW might well end up as one of the best titles to Quick Battle in, so getting that reasonable would be a huge benefit.

50 minutes ago, FogForever said:

I have been playing the Czechmate scenario.  In dismounting some USSR platoons, I have noticed some platoon HQs are lacking radios.  The carriers have radios but not the dismounted infantry HQ.  Is that normal?  

If FM-100-2 is to be believed then it should be unusual as the portable R-148 VHF radio was on issue at platoon level.  Are we talking about a visual thing or a C2 thing here.  I would not be surprised if the soldier models did not have radios but the C2 effect of having one has been replicated for instance.

If FM-100-2 is to be believed then it should be unusual as the portable R-148 VHF radio was on issue at platoon level.  Are we talking about a visual thing or a C2 thing here. 

Looks like a mistake on my part.  I went through every platoon HQ and they all appear to have radios.  I did lose one HQ but again, I think a mistake on my part.  Odd because I was pretty sure I saw HQs without radios.

1 hour ago, FogForever said:

Looks like a mistake on my part.  I went through every platoon HQ and they all appear to have radios.  I did lose one HQ but again, I think a mistake on my part.  Odd because I was pretty sure I saw HQs without radios.

The radio icon will usually disappear on infantry while they are moving, then come back once they are stopped for a bit.

Map glitch on major highway bridge.   Playing Dollbach Heights.  I have already run several vehicles across the bridge without issue.  I did notice a few of them slow as they got to the far end of the bridge, like they were having waypoint problems, but they kept going.  This guy slowed down in the same way (despite having a single long move order to cross the bridge)  but then when he tries to start moving again he hits some kind of invisible force field. 

9 hours ago, akd said:

The radio icon will usually disappear on infantry while they are moving, then come back once they are stopped for a bit.

Does this happen across all titles? I did not know about this. 

I too noticed the scarcity of radios in cmcw and figured it was just the soviets slowly modernizing. 

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Does this happen across all titles? I did not know about this. 

I too noticed the scarcity of radios in cmcw and figured it was just the soviets slowly modernizing. 

Yes, it is, and occasionally a unit will lose radio contact even when stationary - it's to simulate the times when the radio is not working properly for whatever reason (out of tuning, heavy static, etc.).

Edited by LukeFF

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, it is, and occasionally a unit will lose radio contact even when stationary - it's to simulate the times when the radio is not working properly for whatever reason (out of tuning, heavy static, etc.).

Yo wtf this game is crazy