Jump to content

Bug/glitch thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, z1812 said:

I just copied and pasted the exe from another game into CMCW. There was no exploded folder either, so I just created one. Just tested everything and it works fine.

yes,it works well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing the first mission of the NTC campaign, no paladins on call although stated in the briefing. Also, the M125 Mortar carrier has the mortar facing the wrong direction when firing:5nKJOTJ.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I am on a roll... US infantry lower-detail models have no helmets on. In other words, you zoom out a bit and their helmets disappear. As observed with "balanced" graphics setting.

Edit: sometimes the helmet disappearance is very obvious and close, like 15 meters. Other times it is distant and harder to notice. It depends on framerate I recon.

That one has been logged already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is a bug because it only shows up with the Forward Observer Team, but the driver of the M151A2 is wearing a tanker helmet. The M15A12s that aren't part of the FO team appear with a normal helmeted driver.

https://i.imgur.com/wzt8HUC.jpg

 

 

Mord.

Edited by Mord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Damn, could have sworn we killed that one.  Noted...and onto the patch. We called it the "Commanders Floating Engine Block"

It's just his box of MRE's lol... I remember as a kid you could buy these in the commissary on base ..lol 🤘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Thomm said:

The tree shadows are a blocky, flickering mess on my PC.

Is there any solution for this problem?

My graphics card is a  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)

Best regards,
Thomm

Hi Thomm. Have you tried the NVIDIA graphics panel? (Right click on desktop) should see an option. And you can set personal preferences for combat mission. For me it made a HUGE difference with how the game looked and ran. And even tho there are still odd behaviours with shadows. I find it alot better. 

 

Will be happy to send my settings via discord 👍

Bubba

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Is it intended that not all available NVGs of a US-squad always appear on the models?
Or do I have to make a list? I think an example would be the heavy MG group ...

Not everyone in a squad/team has NVGs in this title. In a US squad there are generally only two NVG devices. 
 

Are you saying that sometimes the NVGs aren’t appearing at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In the quick battle unit editor the M60A1 Patton (RISE) is more expansive than the upgraded M60A1 Patton (RISE +) and M60A1 Patton (RISE Passive).

Observed with veteran experience, high motivation, fit fitness, 0 leadership.

Edited by QuiGon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

Hi Thomm. Have you tried the NVIDIA graphics panel? (Right click on desktop) should see an option. And you can set personal preferences for combat mission. For me it made a HUGE difference with how the game looked and ran. And even tho there are still odd behaviours with shadows. I find it alot better. 

 

Will be happy to send my settings via discord 👍

Bubba

Hi Bubba,

Thank you for your kind offer!

Edit 1: Found a thread on the topic:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138692-nvidia-control-panel-settings/

Edit 2: Changed the 3D settings for CM:CW according to the thread above.
Shadows are rock solid now, there is no more flickering!

Thank you for the advice!

Best regards,
Thomm

Edited by Thomm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Combatintman said:

That one has been logged already.

Great. Trust it will be solved in due time.

I do wonder, the team could not force one of the Beta testers to run more modest hardware? (shortest straw ;)) The lower detail model issues mentioned in this topic would be obvious on such. Whereas on a high end system the game-engine adaptive detail scaling tends to hide any of these lower detail models from view. (Running a Desktop with CPU i5-3550 and GPU Radeon HD6670 myself)

Edited by Kevin2k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thomm said:

Hi Bubba,

Thank you for your kind offer! Would a private message here on this board be an option?

Best regards,
Thomm

If possible send the settings to me too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I cannot choose the "counter-attack" option in the NTC campaign decision point 2. No matter what I do I get the "delay action"

I am not the only one having this problem

Can confirm, it just happened to me. The OOB even had a check-mark for COUNTER-ATTACK!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Not everyone in a squad/team has NVGs in this title. In a US squad there are generally only two NVG devices. 
 

Are you saying that sometimes the NVGs aren’t appearing at all?

I mean that the number of NVGs that appear in game (mostly less) is different from the number that is displayed in the panel.

For example, if you have an infantry squad, 2 will be displayed, but you will only see one model on the battlefield.


The opposite of the CMSF2 Syrian Special Forces bug, so to speak, where one is shown in the panel, but everyone has one. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

I mean that the number of NVGs that appear in game (mostly less) is different from the number that is displayed in the panel.

For example, if you have an infantry squad, 2 will be displayed, but you will only see one model on the battlefield.


The opposite of the CMSF2 Syrian Special Forces bug, so to speak, where one is shown in the panel, but everyone has one. 😉

I think what might be happening is that the second NV device is weapon mounted, but I will double check this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

I think what might be happening is that the second NV device is weapon mounted

Wouldn't it then be visible on the weapon? For example with a machine-gun squad? There I see none (but they sould have 1).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Wouldn't it then be visible on the weapon? For example with a machine-gun squad? There I see none (but they sould have 1).

It could be that a model is not showing up when it should be, whether it be the NVG on the guys face or a night sight on the weapon. Like I said, it'll have to be investigated, but it is on the list of things to look into. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thomm said:

Hi Bubba,

Thank you for your kind offer!

Edit 1: Found a thread on the topic:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138692-nvidia-control-panel-settings/

Edit 2: Changed the 3D settings for CM:CW according to the thread above.
Shadows are rock solid now, there is no more flickering!

Thank you for the advice!

Best regards,
Thomm

Thanks for posting that.  I used the settings on my 2080 and it helped a lot.  I have struggled with getting more and more powerful laptops with CM performance degrading as each got more advanced.  This is the first time I have seen any improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...