Bug/glitch thread

Bufo

51 minutes ago, Stagler said:

Pretty significant bug:

Whatever happened in the last patch, it seems to have given US troops and vehicle gunners IR optics instead of NV optics or something

Here is several images of M113A2 gunners destroying BTR-60s through smoke with their M2s during a game, and during a test mission i made to prove the bug exists. You can see the tracer firecoming right through the smoke in all images. I have attached a test mission so you can test it yourself.

As it stands now. Covering with smoke while playing as Soviets is completely useless and pointless.

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

smoke_test_1.btt 12.52 kB · 0 downloads

Noted and we are on it.

10 hours ago, Stagler said:

Whatever happened in the last patch, it seems to have given US troops and vehicle gunners IR optics instead of NV optics or something

Using your test mission with the unpatched CW v1.00: US M113 HMG Gunners can see through the smoke just as well.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Kevin2k said:

I don't know why that gear shows up.
But I did come up with an idea of what I see, it is a lower detail model flashing through. Together with the helmet issue, it makes me think the lower detail models of the 1980 US soldiers here, are basically files from WW2 GI's or something.

I found out some more about this weird issue. It was about when I rapidly click on units, that they start to show their level of detail models, shimmering through. 

1) It only happens when shadows are disabled (Alt-W key). By mistake I had it disabled in Cold War.

2) CMRT v2.11 has it too, if you disable shadows.

3) In Cold war it is more noticeable, because the distance models have some things that are leftovers: small pockets in strange places and a backpack instead of a radio.

This is what I see: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MET8Y6

MET8Y6_o.png

Edited by Kevin2k

13 hours ago, Gkenny said:

Another bug pertaining to the new armored formations: Soviet infantry in the new armored formations available in the scenario editor have the vehicle crew picture instead of infantry.

QL109zn.png

That's not a bug - all formations will have same unit portrait of the type of the regiment/brigade to which they belong. 

6 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I found out some more about this weird issue. It was about when I rapidly click on units, that they start to show their level of detail models, shimmering through. 

1) It only happens when shadows are disabled (Alt-W key). By mistake I had it disabled in Cold War.

2) CMRT v2.11 has it too, if you disable shadows.

3) In Cold war it is more noticeable, because the distance models have some things that are leftovers: small pockets in strange places and a backpack instead of a radio.

This is what I see: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MET8Y6

MET8Y6_o.png

The scale of the equipment is also incorrect. The radio is huuuuuge, the ALICE pouches are too small, same for the compass pouches.

The radio is also missing its frame and spare battery pouch but eh, I'd assume it's a done deal at that point.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 6/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, Gkenny said:

Another bug pertaining to the new armored formations: Soviet infantry in the new armored formations available in the scenario editor have the vehicle crew picture instead of infantry.

QL109zn.png

The portraits are associated with the force “branch,” in this case Tank.

I have seen this a couple times now.  A vehicle is hit by fire and the vehicle will show a casualty "red cross" marker but the vehicle did not suffer a casualty.  Anybody else see this?  I do have a save.

Nevermind....I was just watching the replay again and noticed from a different angle that the "red cross" was for a different unit rather than the vehicle.  I think the same was true in the other situation as well.

Edited by FogForever

On 6/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, Kevin2k said:

Using your test mission with the unpatched CW v1.00: US M113 HMG Gunners can see through the smoke just as well.

I just checked it with my spotting test scenario, and it appears that the M113 has thermal vision.

45 minutes ago, Bufo said:

I just checked it with my spotting test scenario, and it appears that the M113 has thermal vision.

It is not so much the M113 in itself, just all places where an M2 .50 Cal HMG is mounted. M2 on tripod has the same thermal vision. Also: Mk19 Grenade launcher is suspect. This M2 HMG vision thing is also in Red Thunder since v2.11. I suppose that wraps it up.

11 hours ago, dbsapp said:

After the second mission of NTC campaign, when you are given the option to "delay" or to ""attack" in the third mission, no objectives are visible on the map. 

I pressed Alt-J, no changes.  

I see them. They're a little hard to see because they're weird shapes instead of boxes.

2040031402_CMColdWar2021-06-0811-18-38-17.thumb.jpg.b50659ab02bc1ef146c7de7dca43af4f.jpg

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

I have noticed that after a H2H scenario ends and you view the final battle map, some enemy units are still shown with icons with ? in them. In other CM games once the game ends all units are shown as real units, not with ? units that you haven't properly spotted.  My latest experience was from a 1.01 battle which was maybe patched from 1.0 after the game had started. 

In a PBEM, I gave a 3 man team with a dragon a target light order against some troops in a building so that it would not fire its dragon.  It fired its dragon.  Is that a bug or is firing the dragon a normal possibility when using the target light order?  I do have the PBEM file with orders plus the replay file. 

10 minutes ago, FogForever said:

I gave a 3 man team with a dragon a target light order against some troops in a building

Better give a screenshot. Plenty of possibilities, small arms are ineffective against troops under cover in a building. Is the first one I think off. You need some HE to go off inside a building.

10 hours ago, FogForever said:

In a PBEM, I gave a 3 man team with a dragon a target light order against some troops in a building so that it would not fire its dragon.  It fired its dragon.  Is that a bug or is firing the dragon a normal possibility when using the target light order?  I do have the PBEM file with orders plus the replay file. 

What range?

10 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Perhaps another consideration is that it seems that AFV's tend to fire their missiles at buildings (rather than their gun) even when ordered to TARGET LIGHT.  Wonder if this is a factor of the missile?

Given the poster is talking about dismounted infantry employing a man portable Dragon, I'm not sure that it is a consideration at all.

I went with target light because I was about to hit the building with M-113 .50 cal and an M-60.  Still I wanted the target troops pinned as quickly as possible because they were shooting at a .50 cal gunner on one of my M-113s.  But I definitely did not want the dragon team to use one of their small number of dragons.

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, am wondering if it's a characteristic of missile weapons regardless of whether man-portable or on an AFV.

A TOW won't be fired from a Bradley. You've even posted in threads discussing this.

Also, Javelins won't be wasted when a Target Light is issued. You've posted in these threads too.

The Dragon, in CW, may be classed differently. If so, I'll need to keep this in mind.

Hoping some kind soul here will port a shooting range (ala CMBS) saving me some effort. I would in turn commit to reporting tests of LAWs and such in this title as they should  not normally be fired with a Target Light.

Maybe the change altering the look (collapse tube) of LAWs (M72 & RPG-18) in the recent patch caused some unintended consequence?

Edited by Howler