Afganistan Module?

Rice

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

With cold war kit and a bit of creativity there's so many little brush-wars we could do.

45 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Falklands War...

One of the many reasons this title is so awesome IMO.  With moders like @37mm & @mjkerner around there will be independent release scenarios in locations all around the world.  It contains both desert like terrain (NTC) and European terrain (Fulda).  So, just imagine the possibilities ...........  

Edited by MOS:96B2P

12 hours ago, mjkerner said:

That's all I'm saying, too!

And a Rhodesia-Angola-Mozambique-SADF module is the logical extension of that!

Yep especcially once we have some European nations with Battle Rifles to play around with.

What was Israeli equipment like during the Cold War... please someone tell me the Brits had Centurions in Central Europe still during the 70's?

Iran-Iraq?

Geez, thanks to tags, the only major issue will be a massive need for voice mods*... we should start a production line!

It took me a long time to make the Vietnamese voice mod & that was with a lot of help from @rocketman.

6 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yep especcially once we have some European nations with Battle Rifles to play around with.

What was Israeli equipment like during the Cold War... please someone tell me the Brits had Centurions in Central Europe still during the 70's?

Iran-Iraq?

Geez, thanks to tags, the only major issue will be a massive need for voice mods*... we should start a production line!

It took me a long time to make the Vietnamese voice mod & that was with a lot of help from @rocketman.

The Cent AVRE was used in the Gulf War.  Gun tanks I'm less sure about, I always thought that Armd Engr Sqns had them for quite a while but the UK Staff Officer's Handbook dated 1975 makes no mention of any Cent variant apart from the AVRE.  The Danes had Cents for quite a while so if we get them in a module there is the possibility.

Having written my thesis on Soviet-Afghan War 79-89, I would love to see an update to this module, having watched 'Valley of Tears', I think I am a convert to Arab-Israeli Wars and now just having finished The Iran-Iraq War by Pierre Razoux, I am really torn - and then there is the entire Korean War that has been much ignored. The good thing about this entire Cold War Base Game is this is exactly what we have been asking for, but writ-small. There has been chatter about having one main engine for all CM games for years but this is sort of that concept but for the time frame of 49-89 (hopefully). We could see all four of my favourites released as modules and then mix and match. 

I ordered F&R last week, CW this week, and will need to figure out a way to tell my wife next week. 

On 2/17/2021 at 12:18 PM, ASL Veteran said:

Isn't there already a combat mission Afghanistan game?

It runs on a very old engine, equivalent to a slightly tweaked CM:SF1, only eight AI groups, less map editor options, no triggers (but it does have exit zones).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead