Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

OK, time to clear up some stuff.

We are jointly publishing Cold War with Slitherine.  Until the Slitherine launches there is no Steam version and Slitherine isn't planning on launching until June.  Registering ahead of time doesn't do anything in terms of accessing Cold War.  Having a pre-order key from us also doesn't get you advanced access to Cold War.

So why is Cold War going to take a few more months to come out for Slitherine?  Because they asked us to put in some multiplayer support that no Combat Mission has (so far).  And it needs to be extensively tested.  Which is why an otherwise nearly complete Combat Mission game with traditional features isn't being released by Slitherine sooner.

Does this mean you guys are going to have to wait until June to get your hands on a version of Cold War with the new multiplayer features and Steam version?  Yes.   Does this mean you will have to wait until June to play Cold War that meets normal Battlefront release standards?  No. 

Confused?  Well, no need to be! 

The features Slitherine has asked us to put in require lots and lots and lots and lots of testers.  Waaaaay more than we can do with our traditional method of testing.  Fortunately, we know exactly where to find people who want to help out.  A lot of people :D

As soon as Cold War is up to our usual quality standards you will be the first to know.

Steve

7 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

We are jointly publishing Cold War with Slitherine.  Until the Slitherine launches there is no Steam version and Slitherine isn't planning on launching until June.  Registering ahead of time doesn't do anything in terms of accessing Cold War.  Having a pre-order key from us also doesn't get you advanced access to Cold War.

So why is Cold War going to take a few more months to come out for Slitherine?  Because they asked us to put in some multiplayer support that no Combat Mission has (so far).  And it needs to be extensively tested.  Which is why an otherwise nearly complete Combat Mission game with traditional features isn't being released by Slitherine sooner.

Does this mean you guys are going to have to wait until June to get your hands on a version of Cold War with the new multiplayer features and Steam version?  Yes.   Does this mean you will have to wait until June to play Cold War that meets normal Battlefront release standards?  No. 

The features Slitherine has asked us to put in require lots and lots and lots and lots of testers.  Waaaaay more than we can do with our traditional method of testing.  Fortunately, we know exactly where to find people who want to help out.  A lot of people :D

As soon as Cold War is up to our usual quality standards you will be the first to know.

Steve

Yessssssssssss

18 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Will this support be added to all the other titles eventually?

30 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Is there any news on CM Black Sea (Steam) update on bug corrections?

(US infantry ammo bags, muzzleflash, and other stuff)

8 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Will this support be added to all the other titles eventually?

Yes.  However, I'm not sure yet if we can make it work with games that Slitherine has not yet released.  

After Cold War is released we'll be working with Slitherine on CMBN.  Every 3 months or so another CM Family will get its turn.  As with Shock Force 2 and Black Sea, all Modules/Packs get released at the same time as the Base Game, all will be up on Steam, and all Battlefront keys will work seamlessly for Steam.

Steve

Just now, Sorcerer117 said:

I can confirm we've looked into it and will get it fixed as soon as we can.  We're still not sure what went wrong, but it shouldn't be too much longer before we do.

Steve

3 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yes.  However, I'm not sure yet if we can make it work with games that Slitherine has not yet released.  

After Cold War is released we'll be working with Slitherine on CMBN.  Every 3 months or so another CM Family will get its turn.  As with Shock Force 2 and Black Sea, all Modules/Packs get released at the same time as the Base Game, all will be up on Steam, and all Battlefront keys will work seamlessly for Steam.

Steve

Wow! Awesome

38 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Does that mean we will be able to participate in this testing? As in we I mean the forum member.

Slight clarification:

1 hour ago, Sorcerer117 said:

To which I posted:

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

I can confirm we've looked into it and will get it fixed as soon as we can.  We're still not sure what went wrong, but it shouldn't be too much longer before we do.

I should have said:

For sure we have found and fixed a couple of things that are Steam specific issues.  However, since we're not 100% sure how the Steam version got shorted a few things, we're going through things a bit more to see if we've missed anything.  We should have something up for you guys soon.

Steve

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Play by cloud over the Slitherine PBEM infrastructure?

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Dear BFC boss, I have no other needs, just asked to join the Soviet ssh68 helmet

If I buy CW from the Battlefront Website now ...

• I get acces to the game in april (minus the multiplayer part)

OR

• I can/have to participate in a beta-phase 

When the game is released on Steam in June, I can register my copy (bought on the Battlefront Website) in Steam?

Are my assumption on buying Cold War correct?

Thanks!

Jens

14 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks for the new avatar, Ian!

You beat me to it!

I made the mistake of not checking the site yesterday and, other than also being part of the Fightin 41st, missed the opportunity to be first to change over to that patch! Well done, Sir.

My priorities are a mess. I'll always wonder if the deck needed staining yesterday of all days...