Fire and Rubble Update

BFCElvis

On 3/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

Nice pic, what ground conditions and months of 1944-45 will bring the winter-camo on ?

Hi Lille

The above shot is set in January 1945 in Hungary.

Personally, I've not tested the full range of weather parameters and this was taken using a beta build when I was doing some AI plan testing in a scenario I made.

Caveat. How and when winter shows up and how to access whitewashed vehicles could change. Suffice to say winter terrain and weather conditions and whitewashed vehicles are in.

Cheery!

I whipped up one little scenario set during the siege of Poznan. I did another set in Kostrzyn, a river town few miles up the road from Seelow. The eastern front was so vast you could type 'the siege of    (fill in the blank)   ' and insert practically any name you want. Pretty much every city was defended/captured/liberated/besieged/assaulted/destroyed at one time or another. Donetsz Ukraine used to go by the name Stalino and was practically obliterated by war's end, only to suffer a similar fate 70 year later.

1 hour ago, Attilaforfun said:

The bottom pic. Outstanding.

That was just after a QB fight with a JS-II. This shot doesn’t show the smoke from the burning enemy tank but I liked how the framing with the trees worked out here.

Edited by Bud Backer
Panther G, Elite, High Morale, +2 Leadership

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Myst.png

Prrrr.png

I am remiss. I should give props to the guys who make these. The bottom we now know is Bud. The top one is from @Ultradave. We liked that one because it really reflected the mood of the scenario. Dark and ominous. My initial thought was to just post Bud's because I liked it so much. 

There are many more that are being assembled for the opening of pre-orders. Which should be soon without any "verys" on that soon. 

Great screenshots. I'm usually somewhat underwhelmed by the dullness of posted screenshots before a release (with the exception of those of our beloved George MC) , but these are great. The horizon on the 2nd screenshot looks somewhat funny. I guess the left side is a hill?

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Not saying there's anything wrong with the horizon. Just noticing the difference in height between the left half and the right half of the screenshot.

If you look on the right there is a rise behind the house too. The effect we see is just 3d watched in 2d ;-).

Edit: nice shots BTW :)

Edited by Lethaface

Yeah, both screenshots are top notch.

They somehow evoked The Doors' Riders on the Storm lyrics into my head:

Into this world we're thrown,

Like a dog without a bone, an actor out on loan,

Riders on the storm,

There's a killer on the road,

His brain is squirmin' like a toad,

I guess the dog doesn't check this forum.

Edited by DerKommissar

18 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

Dave’s shot is fantastically moody. Love it. 

That's George's scenario. Appropriately moody and ominous because EVERY scenario of George's that I've played or playtested has gone to hell in a hand basket. "Life comes at you fast" as they say. This one is no exception so far (that pic was early on, and disaster had not yet struck - usually my own fault for being rash).