Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure - but we could all take our tinfoil hats off about Steam, military contracts et al.  The latter reminds me of those discussions when Shock Force came out ... remember those ... "It is a click fes

Friday afternoon and finally off video conference calls.  Gawd I both love Zoom and hate it. There are lots of reasons for delay and for those of us who have been around a while it is a constant

Happy to talk about that if you want ... I haven't seen my mother for over a year now because of the pandemic and probably won't see her until next year because of it - in fact I fear that I may

Posted Images

Nice to hear about the improved Soviet oob. Lots has been said about smg issue, but what about carbines? The long mosin nagant rifle was phased out of production in early 1944, with front line infantry receiving the M44 Carbine instead. The 57th Guards Rifle Division, which took part in fighting around Berlin, reported 806 M44 Carbines, compared to only 580 M91/30s, on 1st of March 1945.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

Nice to hear about the improved Soviet oob. Lots has been said about smg issue, but what about carbines? The long mosin nagant rifle was phased out of production in early 1944, with front line infantry receiving the M44 Carbine instead. The 57th Guards Rifle Division, which took part in fighting around Berlin, reported 806 M44 Carbines, compared to only 580 M91/30s, on 1st of March 1945.

I remember there are only carbin m38 in the game now,hope there will be m44 in DLC

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Elvis, keep these bone fragments coming , very much appreciated!

OK. These are some @George MC screenshots. I liked them because they really capture the "feel" of some of the battles we've been playtesting. 

Also, as a loose status update. Anyone who remembers why I started this thread may remember that March 31st was an important date. We're now in April. Full focus has now shifted back. It never stopped....we got at least 2 fresh builds since I started this thread....but it's back in full gear. 

 

44 1.jpg

44 2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

OK. These are some @George MC screenshots. I liked them because they really capture the "feel" of some of the battles we've been playtesting. 

Also, as a loose status update. Anyone who remembers why I started this thread may remember that March 31st was an important date. We're now in April. Full focus has now shifted back. It never stopped....we got at least 2 fresh builds since I started this thread....but it's back in full gear. 

 

44 1.jpg

44 2.jpg

Seeing the screenshoot I've problems for wait for the release of the module. Somebody of the dev team can answer next questions, please.
- Will we have a last Pz IVJ version with two cylindrical exhaust pipe and three return roller instead than four?
- Will we have some KV's models finally?
- Will German forces use captured weapons and the new m-44 uniforms?
- This is not 100% historical but, what about JS-3 and T-44?
Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jumpete said:

Seeing the screenshoot I've problems for wait for the release of the module. Somebody of the dev team can answer next questions, please.
- Will we have a last Pz IVJ version with two cylindrical exhaust pipe and three return roller instead than four?
- Will we have some KV's models finally?
- Will German forces use captured weapons and the new m-44 uniforms?
- This is not 100% historical but, what about JS-3 and T-44?
Thanks.

I think kv-1 even kv-85 will not be included 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Germans are getting M-44 uniforms. Volkssturm are using a really weird assortment of captured weapons. Germans even started making their own version of the British Sten smg, which is a really funky addition.  The game's all caught up on PzIV types. Steve even added 'legacy' PzIII types because he's crazy. I think an additional 7-8 vehicle types got added to the original vehicle list (much to my surprise 'cause I'm the one who has to texture them).The closest you've got to KV in the game is the SU-152 which uses KV-1S chassis. CMRT basegame almost got KV-1S. They had the model all made. But nope, it fell outside the scope and timeframe so it was out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike, what do you think about a vehicle pack at some point to fill in some of the earlier stuff?  I am worried BF will never finish the East Front before they switch to CMx3 and the wait starts all over again...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter what Mike thinks in case as he wouldn't be making the call.  :)   It is of course possible he knows things he's not allowed to say. Let's find out. Mike, yes or no, do you know things you're not allowed to say?  🤐

Link to post
Share on other sites

You wouldn't BELIEVE the things I know that I'm no allowed to say! :D ;)

About a CMRT vehicle pack adding out-of-timeframe vehicles, that's not really how BFC flies. They make painstakingly researched historical tactical sims, not World of Tanks. Eastern Front 1945 doesn't resemble eastern front 1942 at all. I gasped when Steve added PzIII to the module but that was specifically for the northern Baltic region where they were still in use 'til war's end. They even refused to include Panther D model because its 1945, not 1943.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

Doesn't matter what Mike thinks in case as he wouldn't be making the call.  :)   It is of course possible he knows things he's not allowed to say. Let's find out. Mike, yes or no, do you know things you're not allowed to say?  🤐

I didn't ask what he knows but what he thinks of the idea...

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

You wouldn't BELIEVE the things I know that I'm no allowed to say! :D ;)

About a CMRT vehicle pack adding out-of-timeframe vehicles, that's not really how BFC flies. They make painstakingly researched historical tactical sims, not World of Tanks. Eastern Front 1945 doesn't resemble eastern front 1942 at all. I gasped when Steve added PzIII to the module but that was specifically for the northern Baltic region where they were still in use 'til war's end. They even refused to include Panther D model because its 1945, not 1943.

I understand the problem, but the use of the vehicle's would still be governed by availability within a scenario so it wouldn't get any more out of hand than situation we have right now.  Or would it...   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...