Jump to content

Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some Marines keeping an eye on things.

Dialing in the Reshade and messing with filters and camera angles for screenie taking.       Mord.  

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Lovely to see Daryya tank raid being updated @George MC - it's one of my favourite scenarios. Any plans on updating Forging Steel....if so, need play testers? ;) 

 

blessed.png

Cheers ta - on the home straight now with Daraya. Should be ready to upload next week.

Re Forging Steel. I'd like to but it's a tonne of work as I'd have to redo some of the maps twice (as there are branches so change one map and I have to then redo the map and AI Plans for the alternate branch, I'd be quicker starting afresh!), so unlikely to happen I think. Thanks for the playtest offer though :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amongst the comprehensive European theater mod conversions there is one called SYROPE (by Birdstrike/El Terrifico) as well as one called EUROSCAPE by Dpabrams.  Is that the one seen above?

Have started looking at my UNUSED MODS folders and there are also mod sets for:  AFRICA THEATER; BALKAN TERRAIN; AL NUSRA; DAY OF DAYS; TWILIGHT 2000; IDF; IRAQIS; MALI-PAKISTAN; OP JUST CAUSE; ROAD TO BAGHDAD; HEART OF DARKNESS, SYRIAN CIVIL WAR VEHICLES and AFGHAN-TALIBAN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@37mm nice! Really liked the shot of all the tanks and Bradleys opening up. The uniforms look good too 😉

lol thanks... although, with all of that AFV fire, some of it was bound to visually pleasing!

The Euroscape mod needs a little update here & there... including Russian Uniforms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Erwin said:

Amongst the comprehensive European theater mod conversions there is one called SYROPE (by Birdstrike/El Terrifico) as well as one called EUROSCAPE by Dpabrams.  Is that the one seen above?

Have started looking at my UNUSED MODS folders and there are also mod sets for:  AFRICA THEATER; BALKAN TERRAIN; AL NUSRA; DAY OF DAYS; TWILIGHT 2000; IDF; IRAQIS; MALI-PAKISTAN; OP JUST CAUSE; ROAD TO BAGHDAD; HEART OF DARKNESS, SYRIAN CIVIL WAR VEHICLES and AFGHAN-TALIBAN.

Hmmm !! Erwin, where did you find some Balkan terrain...??

In the past for personal use  I did a test and a little mod about Serbian Croatian and Bosnian war but dont find a correct terrain for this...or do you mean the game in the past ...Balkan in fire from BF...?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As more folks start asking about various mods, I took a look thru my collection of old CMSF1 mod folders and found the above listed mod "sets".  The Balkan mod set is one of the smaller ones, but includes doodads, foliage, ground textures, walls etc.  What the difference is between this and (say) the Euroscape and Syrope mod sets have no idea or time right now to check.  

FWIW: Am discussing how to get all these available for general d/l.  The challenge is that there are something around 300GB - 500GB worth and that makes the collection "unwieldy" to put it mildly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Erwin said:

 

FWIW: Am discussing how to get all these available for general d/l.  The challenge is that there are something around 300GB - 500GB worth and that makes the collection "unwieldy" to put it mildly.

Well, you could always burn them to a DVD mail the DVD to @Bootie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Erwin said:

As more folks start asking about various mods, I took a look thru my collection of old CMSF1 mod folders and found the above listed mod "sets".  The Balkan mod set is one of the smaller ones, but includes doodads, foliage, ground textures, walls etc.  What the difference is between this and (say) the Euroscape and Syrope mod sets have no idea or time right now to check.  

FWIW: Am discussing how to get all these available for general d/l.  The challenge is that there are something around 300GB - 500GB worth and that makes the collection "unwieldy" to put it mildly.

Ok Erwin I will check all these old mods could be that I have it already now that you give me more infos Euroscape Syrope doodads...  I keep also all since the beginning from CM's...thanks to the added infos...will tell you if I found it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

...keep also all since the beginning from CM's...

That's great.  Maybe you could be part of the effort to get all these older CM2 mods up for general d/l.  Am concerned that the large quantity.  The solution we've come up with so far is to buy a large BU drive, load with everything I got and physically mail it to someone for eventual upload to someplace like CMMODS.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, this and many other of these 'where can I get such and such mod' threads would be killed off if those that had them just posted them to the Scenario Depot and it would save these discussions about dropboxes or 'can I PM you' or 'what's your e-mail' or can you burn it to a DVD because I've got 200 million terabytes of mods' or whatever … and all of that nonsense.

Please … if you've got mods from way back when - just do this ….

1674072275_RequesttoBecomeanAuthor.thumb.jpg.e5f16ec2b56f78ba1a082de89d5be2f7.jpg

If you've got lots of them lurking on your hard drive and that seems daunting, I agree so why not upload one a day, or whatever suits your lifestyle/routine, and ensure that you give credit to the original mod maker.

Now I appreciate that part of the issue is that the repository closed down and that similar could happen if the Scenario Depot closes down in the future but both the Repository and Scenario Depot seem to be more enduring than Dropbox links and I haven't had a computer for 8 years with a DVD drive.  If they do close down, something else will pop up and when it does, then why not upload the stuff again?

I'm obviously missing something here and no doubt somebody will tell me what I'm missing but if the solution is more 'anybody got a new link for this scenario, mod, skin' then forgive me if I am sceptical that this is the way ahead because it quite clearly isn't working.

Edited by Combatintman
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

anybody got a new link for this scenario, mod, skin

There don't seem to be new links.  Just what some of us have on our HD's.  But, to upload close to half a TB of mods will take a lot of time.  Hence the search for alt options.  We're trying to find a "bulk system" that makes all of them available to anyone who wants them in one go. 

Unless I am missing something this is a huge amount of time-consuming work - especially if someone is going to check each mod to see if it still functions in the latest versions (CMSF2 for example).

Also, why does it irritate and bother you so much that some of us are trying to figure this out and do something helpful for the whole community?   We don't have the days/weeks to upload individual mods on request.  How is your attitude helpful?

Edited by Erwin
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Now I appreciate that part of the issue is that the repository closed down and that similar could happen if the Scenario Depot closes down in the future but both the Repository and Scenario Depot seem to be more enduring than Dropbox links and I haven't had a computer for 8 years with a DVD drive.  If they do close down, something else will pop up and when it does, then why not upload the stuff again?

I'm obviously missing something here and no doubt somebody will tell me what I'm missing but if the solution is more 'anybody got a new link for this scenario, mod, skin' then forgive me if I am sceptical that this is the way ahead because it quite clearly isn't working.

No you are not missing anything - get on it boys !

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Erwin said:

There don't seem to be new links.  Just what some of us have on our HD's.  But, to upload close to half a TB of mods will take a lot of time.  Hence the search for alt options.  We're trying to find a "bulk system" that makes all of them available to anyone who wants them in one go. 

Also, why does it irritate and bother you so much that some of us are trying to figure this out and do something helpful for the whole community?   We don't have the days/weeks to upload individual mods on request.  How is your attitude helpful?

How is my suggestion of one upload a day unhelpful? I'm actually saving you the cost of buying a DVD or BU drive and paying the postage.

No need to thank me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many years would it take to d/l several thousand mods?   You obviously have no idea don't realize what you are talking about in this area.  Just ONE of my Z folders has 6,615 files and 489 folders.  My "Unused mods folder" has 88,979 files and 3,324 folders (over 55 GB).

If you are one of the fortunate ones who have nothing else to do with your time maybe I should send you the DVD or HD and you can upload them.  Otherwise why the "attitude" when others are trying to do something helpful?

3j2m7:  Yes, we're trying to figure this out.

Edited by Erwin
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Erwin said:

How many years would it take to d/l several thousand mods?   You obviously have no idea don't realize what you are talking about in this area.  Just ONE of my Z folders has 6,615 files and 489 folders.  My "Unused mods folder" has 88,979 files and 3,324 folders (over 55 GB).

If you are one of the fortunate ones who have nothing else to do with your time maybe I should send you the DVD or HD and you can upload them.  Otherwise why the "attitude" when others are trying to do something helpful?

3j2m7:  Yes, we're trying to figure this out.

Erwin try first to check if you don't have copy of copy mods in differents folders names  cos seam to be really really much... this was happened to me  and now I am cleaning-up my hard(s) drive(s) and found lot of place there is a lot of software to do it, dont be afraid to loose something most of the time the soft make a reserve copy with the deleting files I use anti twin for the little story and he make a folder anti twined files with the exact location...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Erwin try first to check if you don't have copy of copy mods in differents folders names  cos seam to be really really much... this was happened to me  and now I am cleaning-up my hard(s) drive(s) and found lot of place there is a lot of software to do it, dont be afraid to loose something most of the time the soft make a reserve copy with the deleting files I use anti twin for the little story and he make a folder anti twined files with the exact location...

Also you should figure out what is actually useful.  Toss all the uniform mods.  They won't work.  Same with soldier mods.  Vehicle mods may.  MikeyD would have a better idea what to expect, but for the most part I think they will not.  Whether pieces of them can be reused is a different question, but they would only be of interest to modders.  Terrain and building mods should still be good.

Having done that clean out what kind of numbers are you still talking?

Edited by sburke
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Erwin said:

How many years would it take to d/l several thousand mods?   You obviously have no idea don't realize what you are talking about in this area.  Just ONE of my Z folders has 6,615 files and 489 folders.  My "Unused mods folder" has 88,979 files and 3,324 folders (over 55 GB).

If you are one of the fortunate ones who have nothing else to do with your time maybe I should send you the DVD or HD and you can upload them.  Otherwise why the "attitude" when others are trying to do something helpful?

3j2m7:  Yes, we're trying to figure this out.

Nearly a year since this ...

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126413-loads-of-cmsf-mods-in-one-download-here/

 

Or two months since the proposed solution in November last year, being rehashed here, was discussed so I doubt that you are trying as you assert.

 

If size is an issue then why not, whenever somebody asks the whereabouts of a mod/scenario/campaign that you have, test it to see if it works and if so, upload it to TFGM giving credit to the author?

 

I'm struggling to understand why offering a solution other than one that has not borne fruit, in the two months since it was discussed at the link above, indicates an unhelpful attitude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I'll also point out that Erwin was claiming a far more reasonably sized mod collection of ~15GB in Februrary '18.

By November it had expanded, by nearly two orders of magnitude, to "close to a terrabyte" before settling to this weeks "300-500GB" claim.

To put this in perspective... my current 'Euroscape compilation', jam packed with HD terrain, doodads, buildings & backgrounds, is about 1.5GB (probably only the vehicles & GUI remain from the original 'Euroscape' mod).

Erwin is claiming to have the equivalent of about 300 similiar sized mod compilations.

 

 

-As for your main point Combatintman, the repository has only been down for ~six months?

I believe they plan on moving all the mods to CMMods (a lot of them have already moved including, and arguably most importantly, Kieme's amazing HD terrain)... so patience will eventually fill in almost all of the current gaps?

Edited by 37mm
Link to post
Share on other sites

@37mm I was urging posting to CMMODs/TFGM not the Repository and yes there was a plan to move stuff less the content that is incompatible with the new engines of the various titles. Whether that will happen or not I cannot say because I am not party to the process. I know Bootie moved a lot of stuff across in the run up to the Repository closing down and Battlefront's recommendation was that CMMODs/TFGM was to be the go to place for user made content.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...