Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Is your toned down sewer in street mod available yet?

FWIW I find the most immersion is when you have a plate of sh!t sitting next to one's computer.  Cat litter box is an alternative.

Hi Erwin

The mod is not mine. It's @Pete Wenman 's and you can grab it now over at CMODS. The revised Daraya will use the mod tag as the mod changes 'hard' ground to rubbish, as well as a few other tiles.

The brown stream looks dirty! What I did not realise (schoolboy error!) was that it's still a stream. So having it running down the center of a road still meant it was a stream in game engine terms. So AFVs just bogged down really quickly. So I've toned down my use of it on the map. Still, a ways to go before rerelease as I'm going to add some triggers to the RED AI plan.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, Mord said:

That's damn nice considering you have to work around the head wrap.

Mord.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:22 AM, Zveroboy1 said:

It doesn't really wrap around seamlessly in the back😃

I feel your pain Zveroboy!  I made a black keffiyeh for Mord (didn't forget, buddy!) and getting it to match up in the back was a pain. I spent a whole evening trying to get it right. Almost there.  But I wasn't contending  with a pattern, like you are.   Good luck! 

Before:

blackkefiya11.png

After:

blackkefiya.png

Glad you like it, Mordante. And mostly not a PIA, since I have gone into that “can’t sleep now,  must do more work on this one” mode and am both re-learning old tricks, and learning a ton more new one.  Consequently, I have a lot of uniform mods in the fire, atm. USMC, Syrians (all types), Brits, Iraqi CTS, IDF,  and some generic African dictator vs rebels types.

And to another comment you made earlier, there is a bit more weirdness in the uniform/gear files than usual. Obviously a lot of it is legacy stuff left in that the new version no longer uses.

It's those dang perishable skills. Man, you stop modding for a bit and they slip away like sand through your fingers. Luckily though, it doesn't take much to jog the memory back into focus.

I get you. I can't believe how much new stuff I have learned since doing the RT portrait remake. Every mod makes you better!

I am happy you have returned to the fold.

Mord.

@37mm Tactical Victory? WTF? You slaughtered them! It was almost a crime. LOL. You didn't lose a single man. How much better could that have went? That was executed so perfectly you'd need a new battle outcome "Flawless Victory".

Mord.

37 minutes ago, Mord said:

@37mm Tactical Victory? WTF? You slaughtered them! It was almost a crime. LOL. You didn't lose a single man. How much better could that have went? That was executed so perfectly you'd need a new battle outcome "Flawless Victory".

Mord.

Well I did "reinterpret" my orders... I ignored half the objectives.

1 hour ago, Mord said:

Mord.

Or as we say in the Army when orders are reinterpreted 'show again 37mm'

Great video and hope you enjoyed the mission even if you went your own way with it. I guess you did enjoy it because you wouldn't have put the vid up otherwise.

Where did you source the temperate DPM mod?

2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Where did you source the temperate DPM mod?

As mentioned in the video description, I merely recoloured some base game textures.

Going into more specifics, I also duplicated & renamed a bunch of British gear (in Vanilla there is a 50/50 chance of a British soldier getting a piece of Woodland gear... I just upped the odds to 100%) & borrowed a CMSF1 Woodland helmet (which did work).

Until the proper modders get going, it sufficed in a "squint & don't look too closely" kind of fashion.

Here are some images of a mod I'm working on. It's a reskin of the Syrian army to look the like the Sahrani Liberation Army (SLA) who were the OpFor from Arma: Armed Assault. It includes 2 model retextures as well, the ssh-68 Soviet helmet, and a green beret for the SLA special forces known as the Especas. The 3D model work was done by @Saint_Fuller.

DW6YKP7.png

d3S4UhC.png

8ypRINr.png

37XkVEt.png

D0kJDBO.png