Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

Hey @mjkerner - MikeyD somehow got the FN across so it might be worth hitting him up to find out how he did it.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:00 AM, MikeyD said:

Here's my experiment to see if SF2 will replace the Dutch C7A1 (M16) model with the CM:Afghanistan FN.

It works! The weapon comes into the game as 5.56. Turkey might not actually field the old FN anymore but the model's close enough to the HK33E now in Turkish service for it to work if I retexture it. The texture in the pict is straight CM:Afghanistan.

FN sample.jpg

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Yeah, that's lizard camo used by the Rhodesians.   (I need to shrink it a bit and move the camo template around a bit so those brown areas aren't so large and dominant.)  White faces are no problem, just rename one of the NATO forces skins (but I suspect you knew that, lol).  It's the weapons that are the problem.  That's why I wish I knew how to utilize sbobovyc's utility for 3D model making.  I have a looooong list of 70's-90's weapons for SADF, Rhodesians, IDF, etc. 

Otherwise - suspect nothing - I'm a scenario editor kind of guy so I know jack sh1t about modding 😏

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Yeah, that's lizard camo used by the Rhodesians.   (I need to shrink it a bit and move the camo template around a bit so those brown areas aren't so large and dominant.)  White faces are no problem, just rename one of the NATO forces skins (but I suspect you knew that, lol).  It's the weapons that are the problem.  That's why I wish I knew how to utilize sbobovyc's utility for 3D model making.  I have a looooong list of 70's-90's weapons for SADF, Rhodesians, IDF, etc. 

Since model swapping weapons from CMA is a possiblitity as demonstrated by @MikeyD, wasn't there an FAL and various other weapons that might fit that period in that title? 

Edit, just realized i was Late to the party and he posted just that, a picture of an FAL in game haha

Edited by homewrecker

20 minutes ago, homewrecker said:

Since model swapping weapons from CMA is a possiblitity as demonstrated by @MikeyD, wasn't there an FAL and various other weapons that might fit that period in that title? 

Edit, just realized i was Late to the party and he posted just that, a picture of an FAL in game haha

Nobody noticed mate ;) - you're all good 😏

Thanks MOS, the faces did take a lot of time and I’m still trying to fine tune them. In game you’d see plenty of glitches and problem with everything, especially the uniforms.  There’s no shading to speak of to give them depth, stuff like that. But I’ll get cracking and try to finish some things up. I tend to bounce around on a dozen different items at a time.

Combatintman, that map looks sweet! We’ll get this sorted. Maybe I can get MikeyD to agree to let me update his African terrain mod. And I want to thank him for giving me the solution to a texture problem...only the blank, black outline of the imported rifle would show, not the art. Thanks Mikey!

12 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Very cool.  +1

Painful to make though - lots of individual ground textures to paint to get it looking right. I'm doing other stuff right now but will chip away at it slowly. Once I've done that though it should get finished pretty quickly as I all I have to do after that is to flatten out some contours in the NW so that the river doesn't look like its going through a canyon, plonk the buildings down and add some flavour objects.

Edited by Combatintman

34 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Well, new haircuts or importing a hat (CMA doesn't have separate model skeletons for headgear), lose the gloves, we might be getting somewhere, Combatintman. 😉

rhodesians.png

Nice work mate, doing the Rhodies first then? Might have to switch fire from Cassinga to the Mudzi Raid

http://rhodesianafricanrifles.co.uk/counter-punching-on-the-mudzi/

It can be found on Google Earth (image below as it appears today) here:

17° 0'25.08"S  33° 3'32.83"E

Mudzi.thumb.jpg.5685a3ec2847aec0c6efdb490e0d5b88.jpg

Glad you like it.  Actually, I just wanted to check the weapon swaps, some different camo versions, and hats/no hats.  I will be doing the Rhodies after I finish my USMC mods (no uniforms at this time, just vests, helmets and gear) because they are the closest to being done. I plan on doing a bunch of different African types, including SADF, then IDF, then some SE Asia-based types. That's the rough plan anyways.

Your maps will be awesome!

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

Glad you like it.  Actually, I just wanted to check the weapon swaps, some different camo versions, and hats/no hats.  I will be doing the Rhodies after I finish my USMC mods (no uniforms at this time, just vests, helmets and gear) because they are the closest to being done. I plan on doing a bunch of different African types, including SADF, then IDF, then some SE Asia-based types. That's the rough plan anyways.

Your maps will be awesome!

Looks like we've got ourselves the basis of a plan, especially if we get an updated Africa Mod from MikeyD. The biggest block I'm facing is that 90% of my books are in storage right now. Alex Binda's Rhodesian Light Infantry and Rhodesian African Rifles books (especially the latter) have some good stuff to use as the basis for scenario creation. I got his book on the Grey's Scouts (The Equus Men) for Xmas but I doubt we'll see horses in CM anytime soon!

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

I will be doing the Rhodies after I finish my USMC mods (no uniforms at this time, just vests, helmets and gear) because they are the closest to being done.

What! Showing Marine Privates?

5 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Vet, that'd be up to the individual. I'm only supplying some different gear. Supply Sargeant has your uniforms, lol. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist the crack. I'm quite sure anything you do will be magnificent!

34 minutes ago, sburke said:

err another pun about no uniforms?  :P 

Lol! No pun intended, but I wish it was. Although it does bring to mind depictions of Ancient Greek warriors on ceramics.

Edited by Vet 0369