Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

6 minutes ago, Zveroboy1 said:

Nice. The map looks almost finished. I take it it is a real location, if so what province?

Its in Badghis Province, north west of the country. Bonus points to whoever recognizes the battle im trying to recreate.

And yes its almost finished, just have to finish that top bit there. looking forward to it...tired of making compounds jajaja

Edited by boche

22 minutes ago, boche said:

Its in Badghis Province, north west of the country. Bonus points to whoever recognizes the battle im trying to recreate.

And yes its almost finished, just have to finish that top bit there. looking forward to it...tired of making compounds jajaja

Dagger 22 06 April 2010 would be my guess.

Funnily enough I saw some footage of this a couple of years ago and thought … maybe a scenario in this. You beat me to it, looks interesting and will probably be a great mission if you execute it well. Judging by the map, it looks like you're tracking well.

Shoot me a PM if you need advice about anything or want me to give something a quick once-over.

Good luck with it and hope to play it some time in the future.

36 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Dagger 22 06 April 2010 would be my guess.

Funnily enough I saw some footage of this a couple of years ago and thought … maybe a scenario in this. You beat me to it, looks interesting and will probably be a great mission if you execute it well. Judging by the map, it looks like you're tracking well.

Shoot me a PM if you need advice about anything or want me to give something a quick once-over.

Good luck with it and hope to play it some time in the future.

Correct! Operation Opportune Strike. or atleast based on it, taking into account the game engine etc etc. 

There is actually a lot of footage on YT, some of them clearing the village but mostly of when the team took up overwatch over the village and started engaging targets in the village proper and calling in CAS. One of the vids:

PS: and ive actually recreated this area on the map, on the area where i suspect this position to be,

And sure any advice you can give me is welcome. ill maybe shoot you a DM with the oob and my plans for the scenario later on 👍

Edited by boche

23 hours ago, mjkerner said:

A Marine platoon is ambushed attempting to cross the fetid Empetigo Canal. Here, a couple of Gyrenes are adding their smoke canisters to a screen laid down by their AAV, while others attend to an urgent Casevac.

marines%20in%20ambush%20A.png

"Doc" Mason works feverishly to stem the bleeding while the squad keeps sharp-eyed Overwatch......

marines%20in%20ambush%20B.png

...and the rest of the platoon fans out and takes the fight to the enemy.

marines%20in%20ambush%202.png

Standard Operating Procedure when ambushed! Immediately attack out of the kill zone. Don't wait for orders, don't hesitate, don't stop until you've eliminated the ambush. Otherwise, you're ALL DEAD!

On 1/5/2019 at 11:20 AM, 37mm said:

A nice walk in a river valley with the Syrian Army...

Your vids are really looking awesome! Good job, man.

In case you don't know Rambler has a mod that will get rid of the red cross. Makes for even more immersive screens and vids.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2012

Mord.

Edited by Mord

8 minutes ago, Mord said:

Your vids are really looking awesome! Good job, man.

In case you don't know rambler has a mod that will get rid of the red cross. Makes for even more immersive screens and vids.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2012

Mord.

Thanks man, I've had a few sound issues with the latest one (set in a Jungle) but have fixed them now... it should be up in a few days.

I do know about the "remove red cross" mod but I think the red cross helps show what's going on a little easier for viewers... especcially if they're not Combat Mission veterans like a lot of us are.

I might try an experiment one day though.

9 minutes ago, 37mm said:

I do know about the "remove red cross" mod but I think the red cross helps show what's going on a little easier for viewers... especcially if they're not Combat Mission veterans like a lot of us are.

Cool. The vids look fine with them in but just wanted to make sure you knew.

Mord.

I want to give a BIG thank you to all the "movie directors" that spent their time and used their skills to make the videos. Some of them are really pieces of art, with views from superb angles, good description of  action and explanation of tactical situations. Really good job! Congratulations!